Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

https://www.game-change.co.uk/2020/01/23/fpl-what-if-minileague-machine/

What if you made no transfers since GW1...would you be better or worse off? Just need to enter a league id to find out. I'm only 50 points better off...all that effort for a lousy 50 points!

Very interesting, up 284. Probably a testament to the knots I tie myself in when I have time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Up 276 points.

One guy in my league is down 1 point :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've found a team in one of my leagues that is -104 from 46 transfers. Can anyone top that? Incredible consistency to be able to hit that sort of number!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Up 201 from original team, chuffed with that, one person has -20 and 65 transfers

Two teams in my league have 0 transfers made and yet there’s a difference -59 in one of them and the other doesn’t seem to have a week1 team.

Another team has 2 transfers and +23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

46 transfers up 331 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I reckon burnley will struggle the last 9 games. Barnes and Wood injured. Lennon, hendrick and bardsley have yet to sign contract extensions and only have till tomorrow meaning less options . Nothing really to play for. Think the home crowd and the old school setting of turf moor really helps them.

Ooops sorry guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Wow. Only up 59 points. Everyone else 150-300 bracket. I'm doing well enough in it too. Shocked.

39 transfers and up 281 points.

up 364 55 transfers jesus my starting team must have been muck cause im not doing that well at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

142 points... but I had Origi in GW1 so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

207 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

246 points 32 transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ooops sorry guys.

Ditched Pope of my wildcard, Busts never does me wrong says I..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

https://www.game-change.co.uk/2020/01/23/fpl-what-if-minileague-machine/

What if you made no transfers since GW1...would you be better or worse off? Just need to enter a league id to find out. I'm only 50 points better off...all that effort for a lousy 50 points!

That's cool.

Up 219 from 60 transfers which seems to be fairly standard I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

wow 376 points better off from 53 transfers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

311 points up from 29 transfers. Surprised at that as I started the season quite well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Having to use FH in 31+ will bite even more if that comes to pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A postponement could be handy for my FH chip. Assuming the new DGW would be round 37, I'd probably bring in some Leicester players using transfers, then FH in 38.

Incidentally, interesting thread today from the Financial Times which suggests situations like that of Leicester are due to the public only being given a tiny glimpse of the overall data:

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960112691273728

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960114251526144

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960119611871234

If the UK government's figures are only the tip of the iceberg in Leicester, then surely that could be the case in other towns and cities in England too.

Further localised lockdowns between now and the end of the game can't be ruled out. Bournemouth would seem to me a good contender for having one in the near future.

From what I read, the lads in the team aren’t living in Leicester city, so with the game being behind closed doors and potentially not even in Leicester, it will probably go ahead unless it turns out lads have been exposed to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Vardy must have had one of his parties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,150 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sané looks like he’s on his way to Munich.

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1278017116482998272?s=21

So Mason Greenwood... starting to look like he's in United's strongest XI? Particularly when they're up against easier opposition so go for a more attacking lineup, which is a) when you want him and b) the majority of United's games this season.

At 4.3 he's a bargain and opens a lot of options elsewhere, plus he's a striker which are hard to find these days.

Takes up a United spot (and I think you want 3 United right now), but I think he's worth it - if he gets minutes (and I think it looks like he will) then he'll get points.

Not a United fan though, so I could be off on this assessment

Morzadec wrote: »
    So Mason Greenwood... starting to look like he's in United's strongest XI? Particularly when they're up against easier opposition so go for a more attacking lineup, which is a) when you want him and b) the majority of United's games this season.

At 4.3 he's a bargain and opens a lot of options elsewhere, plus he's a striker which are hard to find these days.

Takes up a United spot (and I think you want 3 United right now), but I think he's worth it - if he gets minutes (and I think it looks like he will) then he'll get points.

Think he’s a good shout if you’ve the squad to deal with the fact that he won’t play every game, and if he can get some substitute points to avoid the 1 pointers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm not a United fan either but I think it's his spot to lose now. I think he'll only miss out if they change formation. Nice to see a genuine 2 footed player too, he looks dangerous every time he gets in a shooting position.

Think he’s a good shout if you’ve the squad to deal with the fact that he won’t play every game, and if he can get some substitute points to avoid the 1 pointers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I was thinking we might be getting carried away with bringing him in but I’m pleasantly surprised by his minutes and stats. 841 minutes, played back to back games just before lockdown and had 5 goals before today. I was then thinking perhaps he starts when United play away and more on the counter, but doesn’t seem to be the case. A lot of his starts were at home.

For me, I personally won’t take the risk or stress of bringing him in but can understand why others might bring him in.

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I was thinking we might be getting carried away with bringing him in but I’m pleasantly surprised by his minutes and stats. 841 minutes, played back to back games just before lockdown and had 5 goals before today. I was then thinking perhaps he starts when United play away and more on the counter, but doesn’t seem to be the case. A lot of his starts were at home.

For me, I personally won’t take the risk or stress of bringing him in but can understand why others might bring him in.

Yeah I'm on a wildy which is why he's being considered, might not have prioritised a transfer otherwise.

Seems like he might be more likely to play in the games against weaker teams where for the last couple of years United have been poor in (breaking down team who sit deep), so Solskjaer wants another good quick finisher in. Maybe less likely to play against the stronger teams, but that would be fine by me.

Advertisement