Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’d say fernandes will be 10m and maybe more next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Salah went from 9.0 -> 13.0!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

FitzShane wrote: »
    Salah went from 9.0 -> 13.0!

Courtesy of 44 attacking returns though.

And ended that season on 10.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

When are people thinking of using the triple captain chip? There are really good fixtures this weekend. I'll be free hitting in GW 37 or 38 so I think this may be the best opportunity for TC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Trey13 wrote: »
    When are people thinking of using the triple captain chip? There are really good fixtures this weekend. I'll be free hitting in GW 37 or 38 so I think this may be the best opportunity for TC.

Think most people would probably have used it by now
    I wasted mine on Auba in the double game week that turned out not to be a double so if you can beat 6 points you've done better than me

There's a captaincy thread opened since you posted:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058092745

You might get some good info there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

For any Liverpool fans, is TAA a rotation risk going forward?

Need to find the cash for another transfer and downgrading him would be a way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ScummyMan wrote: »
    For any Liverpool fans, is TAA a rotation risk going forward?

Need to find the cash for another transfer and downgrading him would be a way to do it.

I reckon he will be benched for one of the next 3 games and thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I reckon he will be benched for one of the next 3 games and thats it.

I think Williams will play two games before the end of the year, but TAA might play in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

United have a nice gap between their next two plum fixtures
    Gw33 sat 4th H Bournemouth
    Gw 34 Thursday 9th Villa Away

But then things get crazy with 5 games in 13 days
    Gw 35 Monday 13th Southampton Home
    GW36 Thursday 16th Palace Away
    Fa cup semi final Sunday 19th
    Gw37 weds 22 West Ham Home
    Gw 38 Sun 26th Leictser Away

Best Hope the other top 4 contenders keep winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Any ideas whether Foden and Greenwood will start? Have both of them in my starting 11 at the moment with Jota 1st sub. I've been wanting to get rid of Jota but not had the chance. Guarantee he will get points tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Any ideas whether Foden and Greenwood will start? Have both of them in my starting 11 at the moment with Jota 1st sub. I've been wanting to get rid of Jota but not had the chance. Guarantee he will get points tomorrow!
    Greenwood much more likely I think, based on the fact that he is actually in United's first choice lineup. As effective as he as been in substitute appearances, I think it is difficult to make the case that Pep would actually see Foden as part of his best 11. No way is he better than Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo IMO.

CSF wrote: »
    Greenwood much more likely I think, based on the fact that he is actually in United's first choice lineup. As effective as he as been in substitute appearances, I think it is difficult to make the case that Pep would actually see Foden as part of his best 11. No way is he better than Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo IMO.

Greenwood has had 2 starts and 1 sub appearance since the restart. Foden has had 2 starts and no sub since the restart. So not that much difference.
    You could make the argument that City are going to keep their best players fresh for cup competitions since they are finishing 2nd in the league.
    Still not sure what to do! If I leave Jota on the bench tomorrow he will rub egg on my chin!

Gus Ivey wrote: »

Neto is starting over jota very very soon ......

I hope you're right.
    Thought I was shrewd getting Jota in at the restart with Wolves' favourable fixtures. That back fired! He'll be getting turfed out next week, needed to get rid of Grealish first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Last day and hope for early team news seems smarter at this point but it's tough to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Im still thinking last day and copy my rival's team with my FH if I'm ahead of them.

OR rank for vanity, Mini leagues wins for sanity in my book :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

shineon23 wrote: »
    Im still thinking last day and copy my rival's team with my FH if I'm ahead of them.

OR rank for vanity, Mini leagues wins for sanity in my book :P

Are you assuming that your rivals have used their free hit or have you checked ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Is TC on KDB a good idea this week or what do people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Man I'm so close to doing it.

Since the return after COVID I've had a mare (but admittedly interest wained big time).

Put it like this.. It's not a BAD idea at any stretch.

• Advertisement

Yes or gw 36
    Thing about this week is you are nearly certain he will start

I also think Pep will be hurting after they lost and be out to murder Newcastle tonight

Next conundrum now is too start Vardy or Saka

Martinez
    Saiss Boly Robinson (Shu)
    Kdb (TC) Foden Bruno Mane
    Jimi Rashford

Pope Justin Fernandez

Any opinions lads?

Next conundrum now is too start Vardy or Saka

Martinez
    Saiss Boly Robinson (Shu)
    Kdb (TC) Foden Bruno Mane
    Jimi Rashford

Pope Justin Fernandez

Any opinions lads?

Vardy easily and then I’d start Pope too
    I think his fixtures are more appealing now as they are not all against teams who will sit back against them
    O Connell will start ahead of Robinson btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Who do ya bench from this front 5

KDB (NEW)
    Foden (NEW)
    Mane (bha)
    Sarr (NOR)
    Fernandes (vil)
    Rashford (vil)
    Greenwood (vil)
    Jimenez (shu)

Sarr gets benched on form, but I'd nearly start my grandmother at home to Norwich these days. Greenwood is currently benched based on (1) triple United, (2) due a rest, (3) bought as bench fodder.

km79 wrote: »
    Vardy easily and then I’d start Pope too
    I think his fixtures are more appealing now as they are not all against teams who will sit back against them
    O Connell will start ahead of Robinson btw

I thought Robinson was first choice so thanks for that.
    Pope and Marthinez was bit of a toss up.
    I think Sakas 10 from the bench was haunting me. Vardy playing against David Luiz should be nailed on everytime really

Shedite27 wrote: »

KDB (NEW)
    Foden (NEW)
    Mane (bha)
    Sarr (NOR)
    Fernandes (vil)
    Rashford (vil)
    Greenwood (vil)
    Jimenez (shu)

Sarr gets benched on form, but I'd nearly start my grandmother at home to Norwich these days. Greenwood is currently benched based on (1) triple United, (2) due a rest, (3) bought as bench fodder.

As a united fan I don’t see Greenwood been benched. He’s started 3 of the 4 league match’s since returning and only completed 90 mins once. He’s been excellent since he’s came into the team and be it by coaching ability or sheer luck Ole has united playing well at the moment and hunting down the champions league spots. He can’t start trying too get cute with a handful of games left. Get a few goals and use the 5 subs to get lads off then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Shedite27 wrote: »

KDB (NEW)
    Foden (NEW)
    Mane (bha)
    Sarr (NOR)
    Fernandes (vil)
    Rashford (vil)
    Greenwood (vil)
    Jimenez (shu)

Yeah I think it's got to be Sarr.

Greenwood has 2 double digit hauls in a row now and was subbed off 20 minutes or so early, with United also having a 4 day break (long break in current circumstances). I'd be very surprised if he's left out of the starting XI. The United coverage argument makes sense but it's really hard to make an argument on leaving the others out whereas Sarr you can easily make that argument.

Like any decision at this stage of the season, it kind of depends on where you are in your league and what you want to achieve (i.e. for all the pointless talk of "differentials" during the season, we're finally at a stage where this comes into it). If you need to take a risk then I'd consider maybe dropping Jimi for Sarr, but the smart choice is to leave Sarr out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cathcart (H to Norwich)
    Calvert-Lewin (H to Soton)

Leaning towards Cathcart at the moment - Clean sheets are ridic common right now.
    Everton absolute pants and I could maybe see a change up for them up front for this match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,150 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

callaway92 wrote: »
    Cathcart (H to Norwich)
    Calvert-Lewin (H to Soton)

Leaning towards Cathcart at the moment - Clean sheets are ridic common right now.
    Everton absolute pants and I could maybe see a change up for them up front for this match.

Cathcart has been in and out of the team recently. As a fellow owner I’m not entirely sure if he’ll start.

Advertisement