Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I sometimes have to make a post just for me to be able to access the next page.

It’s a weird glitch I experience on a some threads.

I can see there is a ‘next’ page but it doesn’t load it until I post.

Which I’m doing again now !

This is the first post on this page(page #94), so there was no next page, weird alright.

Did you post about the issue in the feedback forum?

F1ngers wrote: »
    This is the first post on this page(page #94), so there was no next page, weird alright.

Nah. It’s too complicated for me to explain.

Basically Bleating Lambs was the last poster as shown on the thread when looking at the forum but I couldn’t see his post without posting myself and then it brought me on to that page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭COH

F1ngers wrote: »

This is page 249 for me!
    Nah. It’s too complicated for me to explain.

Basically Bleating Lambs was the last poster as shown on the thread when looking at the forum but I couldn’t see his post without posting myself and then it brought me on to that page.

Ive noticed this happening for me lately as well. Glitch in the matrix...

Preparing for the next couple of GW’s is a nightmare if I’m reading it correctly.

So GW 37 will have kicked off before we know what players will play in the fa cup semifinals and then those teams play within the GW ?

Poorly worded from me but if you get the gist I think I’m saying .... you could own and captain KDB for the GW 37 fixture against Watford but when the GW kicks off City play the semifinal and then their GW 37 fixture.

Which means if a player gets injured in the semi final you’re kinda goosed.

COH wrote: »
    This is page 249 for me!

Ive noticed this happening for me lately as well. Glitch in the matrix...

I’m not using the full site. I’m on iPhone using the touch site I think it’s called. Can’t remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Play Pope (Liverpool away) or McCarthy (United away)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lundstram wrote: »
    Play Pope (Liverpool away) or McCarthy (United away)?

May as well go with popey on that one and hope for save point or three

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Went with KDB over Bruno as captain this week which didn't work out. City scored 5 and Dubravka made 5 saves so they were utterly dominant but one assist for KDB was hugely underwhelming (he obviously created a lot considering he got 1 BP with only one assist in a 5 goal game). Villa had United well shackled up until the soft pen for Bruno was awarded and Villa were totally deflated after that (pity that didn't happen the week before when I captained Salah against them!). Them's the breaks I guess.

Some very viable captain choices this week. Between 3 for me in KDB v Bruno v Salah.

Brighton are safe now since the Norwich game so nothing to play for. Against Liverpool they were just all out attack and ended up conceding 3 with Ryan making 5 saves on top of that. You'd have to expect City will get at least 3 against them too and surely KDB will return more than one assist this time around. One note of caution is he has played 90 mins in 3 of the last 4 games so could get the curly finger early if they're well ahead.

Bruno's returns have been amazing, particularly the last 3 games. However they are coming up against a team in decent form. Southampton have only conceded 4 goals in five games since the restart (one was a McCarthy howler against Arsenal) and even kept a clean sheet against City. One thing to note is United have had 3 pens since lockdown returned. It's gone Bruno - Rashford - Bruno so logically it would be Rashford (or someone else) to take the next one.

Salah was on fire last time out but it's hard to see Burnley affording him the same space as Brighton did. With the exception of the City game (where their squad was decimated) Burnley kept 3 clean sheets in 4 and conceded only 1 goal (admittedly against lesser teams). Salah does look goal hungry though with the golden boot in mind and it was interesting that Bobby (straight in front of the goal) could have scored the first against Brighton but intentionally let it run through to Salah so perhaps they'll be trying go tee him up wherever possible.

At the minute it's KDB, Salah, Bruno in that order but will see what comes out of the press conferences before making a final decision.

Stuck with KDB as captain. Was torn between him and Salah but busy during the day so wont get to watch any games and have the TV to myself tonight so that swung it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    There’s two reasons to play your FH
    1. There’s a week with excellent fixtures that you want to load up
    2. There’s a week your players have horrible fixtures (or injuries/suspensions) that want to transfer out of.

If you’re playing it for reason 1, I think I’m going with GW36+

Chelsea (playing for CL) v relegated Norwich - Alonso, Pulisic
    City v Bournemouth - 3 players
    Leicester v Sheff Utd - Vardy Party
    Wolves (Playing for CL) at Burnley (nothing left to play for)
    Liverpool at Arsenal (Arsenal will be done by then)

Something like
    Patricio (3.9)
    Alonso Doherty Azipilicueta (James, Stephens)
    Pulisic KDB Foden Mahrez Mane
    Jimenez Vardy (4.3)

Then depending how things are going....
    Everton home to possibly relegated Villa.
    If Villa still fighting, avoid

Tough fixtures to choose from....
    United at Palace is a tricky fixture that I’d probably be happy to have Bruno and Rashford our of my team.
    West Ham/Watford - relegation scrap to avoid
    Newcastle/Spurs
    Southampton/Brighton (maybe a good one for the bench)
    Not sure if this still looks quite as appealing
    Chelsea awful
    United looking undroppable
    Sheffield United and Burnley looking very solid
    Many free hitting this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Not sure if this still looks quite as appealing
    Chelsea awful
    United looking undroppable
    Sheffield United and Burnley looking very solid
    Many free hitting this week?

I am. And choosing this gw to do it is thanks to your post.

Harsh on Chelsea, bar today they're still scoring well - 8 in 3 games. They're at home to relegated Norwich. Shouldn't be a chance of rotation too - they need top 4 and ned to win. Alos, Pulisic subbed on 66 today so good chance he won't be rested.

Double United can still be done in this gw - Bruno and Greenwood/Martial.

SHU and Burnley are nice options for cheap defence.

Liverpool's dip in form might mean Auba is a good option now too.

Still think it's a great week for it :)

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I am. And choosing this gw to do it is thanks to your post.

Harsh on Chelsea, bar today they're still scoring well - 8 in 3 games. They're at home to relegated Norwich. Shouldn't be a chance of rotation too - they need top 4 and ned to win. Alos, Pulisic subbed on 66 today so good chance he won't be rested.

Double United can still be done in this gw - Bruno and Greenwood/Martial.

SHU and Burnley are nice options for cheap defence.

Liverpool's dip in form might mean Auba is a good option now too.

Still think it's a great week for it :)
    Ya **** it you're right.

DeGea (pal)

Azpilicueta (NOR)
    Digne (AVL)
    Wan Bissaka (pal)

Sterling (BOU)
    KDB (BOU)
    Mahrez (BOU)
    Pulisic (NOR)

Giroud (NOR)
    Ings (BRI)
    Vardy (SHU)

Subs: Doherty (bur), Soucek (WAT), Taylor (WOL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ya **** it you're right.

DeGea (pal)

Azpilicueta (NOR)
    Digne (AVL)
    Wan Bissaka (pal)

Sterling (BOU)
    KDB (BOU)
    Mahrez (BOU)
    Pulisic (NOR)

Giroud (NOR)
    Ings (BRI)
    Vardy (SHU)

You will be eaten alive if united score a couple
    Lose vardy
    Add Fernandes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ya **** it you're right.

DeGea (pal)

Azpilicueta (NOR)
    Digne (AVL)
    Wan Bissaka (pal)

Sterling (BOU)
    KDB (BOU)
    Mahrez (BOU)
    Pulisic (NOR)

Giroud (NOR)
    Ings (BRI)
    Vardy (SHU)

3-5-2 is a must at the moment on a FH. Get Vardy out and Bruno in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ya **** it you're right.

DeGea (pal)

Azpilicueta (NOR)
    Digne (AVL)
    Wan Bissaka (pal)

Sterling (BOU)
    KDB (BOU)
    Mahrez (BOU)
    Pulisic (NOR)

Giroud (NOR)
    Ings (BRI)
    Vardy (SHU)

Might get Chelsea team leak before Norwich - if Pulisic starts could be a good (c). Alonso came on today at HT so you’d imagine he might have a decent shout at starting - would be a good FH punt.

City home to Bournemouth before FA cup Semi is ultimate Pep roulette - would need to have nerves for steel to play free hit counting on this fixture.

Foden and Dilva might start given they were on bench tonight so you’d think they would both start and Mahrez and Sterling got 90 so you might guess at least one of them will be benched - but who the F knows with Pep.

Might get Chelsea team leak before Norwich - if Pulisic starts could be a good (c). Alonso came on today at HT so you’d imagine he might have a decent shout at starting - would be a good FH punt..

I’m actually thinking of setting alarm clock for 3.30am for this reason.

If Rockstar confirms he’ll have early team news I may have to. Knowing who starts in that game could affect my free transfer AND captain choice.

I abhor when I allow FPL to **** up my sleep pattern but this may be one of those times.

At least Rockstar usually lets us know a couple of days in advance if he’ll have teams news. He really is a rockstar.

I’m actually thinking of setting alarm clock for 3.30am for this reason.

If Rockstar confirms he’ll have early team news I may have to. Knowing who starts in that game could affect my free transfer AND captain choice.

I abhor when I allow FPL to **** up my sleep pattern but this may be one of those times.

At least Rockstar usually lets us know a couple of days in advance if he’ll have teams news. He really is a rockstar.
    Jesus, that sounds like an absolute nightmare. Fair balls to you if you do it and get some meaningful points out of it.

Although maybe if some of the games were on during the night, I mightn't have watched 3 games on the bounce today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Might get Chelsea team leak before Norwich - if Pulisic starts could be a good (c). Alonso came on today at HT so you’d imagine he might have a decent shout at starting - would be a good FH punt.

City home to Bournemouth before FA cup Semi is ultimate Pep roulette - would need to have nerves for steel to play free hit counting on this fixture.

Foden and Dilva might start given they were on bench tonight so you’d think they would both start and Mahrez and Sterling got 90 so you might guess at least one of them will be benched - but who the F knows with Pep.

I'd guess Foden Sterling and one of Bilva or Jesus to start in front 3 asMahrez hasn't had a rest in a while. Dilva should start too.

km79 wrote: »
    You will be eaten alive if united score a couple
    Lose vardy
    Add Fernandes

For some reason I had it in my head that Palace were solid. Conceded 4, 3, 3 and 1 in their last 4, yeah better get Bruno back in

Pep Roulette at home to Bournemouth is a lottery I want to play. No doubt one of them will get a one point cameo, but those that do start will likely get double digits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm getting Dilva for the Bournemouth game. Not sure what to do with Foden and KDB though

• Advertisement

Has anyone noticed the penalties scored and missed columns are empty for all players? I'm on the mobile site and showing 0 in both columns for Rashford and Bruno which is def not right.

Has anyone noticed the penalties scored and missed columns are empty for all players? I'm on the mobile site and showing 0 in both columns for Rashford and Bruno which is def not right.

PS = Penalties Saved, its for keepers who save penalties, not players that have them saved

PS = Penalties Saved, its for keepers who save penalties, not players that have them saved

Didnt realise that, thanks!

Looking ahead to next season and have been running a few sims on who I might be looking at based on the underlying figures and I think one team I can almost say with a cert that I won't be touching next season at their increased prices defensively is Sheff United. They have overperformed their goals conceded like crazy. Stevens has underperformed his xG and xA by a bit, but hes gonna be 5.5 next season right?

I think Stevens is the only member of that Sheff United back 4 I'd be taking at 5.0 next year. Henderson I would take at that price if he ended up back there, but I don't think he will be.

CSF wrote: »
    Looking ahead to next season and have been running a few sims on who I might be looking at based on the underlying figures and I think one team I can almost say with a cert that I won't be touching next season at their increased prices defensively is Sheff United. They have overperformed their goals conceded like crazy. Stevens has underperformed his xG and xA by a bit, but hes gonna be 5.5 next season right?

I think Stevens is the only member of that Sheff United back 4 I'd be taking at 5.0 next year. Henderson I would take at that price if he ended up back there, but I don't think he will be.

On the flip side, I can definitely see myself taking a Southampton defender/keeper at 5m (hopefully a 4.5m). Hassenhutl has really turned them around this season, will be expecting to see them top half next year.

Not sure if it was mentioned or talked about much but we could see a lot more rotating from United and Chelsea depending on how city go tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Anyone any clarity on why Soyuncu got -3 this gameweek?

He played 66 minutes = 2 points
    Conceded 2 goals up to that point = -1 points
    Got sent off = -3 points.

So he should have got a total of -2

But Fantasy have said he conceded 4 goals, and so his total is -3 instead of -2.

Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Anyone any clarity on why Soyuncu got -3 this gameweek?

He played 66 minutes = 2 points
    Conceded 2 goals up to that point = -1 points
    Got sent off = -3 points.

So he should have got a total of -2

But Fantasy have said he conceded 4 goals, and so his total is -3 instead of -2.

Is that correct?

When a player gets sent off he continues to get additional negative points for additional goals conceded by his team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Aurier probably won’t play the rest of the season, his brother shot dead in France last night according to Twitter.

Advertisement