Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He's done for the season now anyway, might just be lying low for a few months

He works with Opta (Stats Perform). Likely he won’t be able to access feeds any time over the next while is my guess.

We get the EPL lineups about 15/20 mins before they’re released (as we’re official data providers for the English competitions). Not sure who he is but it’s likely he is just somewhere where he won’t be able to access the feeds for the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

And you're volunteering to step up and sort us instead Callaway? That's so nice of you!

And you're volunteering to step up and sort us instead Callaway? That's so nice of you!

Couldn’t - I’d get in huge trouble if caught doing that (and there’s lads who know me that use this etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    He said during the week his followers had grown to 50k so he had to move private
    Only current followers would be be able to follow him

I was following him but seem to have been bumped
    I wonder where I’ll get that info now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

callaway92 wrote: »
    Couldn’t - I’d get in huge trouble if caught doing that (and there’s lads who know me that use this etc).

I'm surprised he takes the risk. Its not worth it.

They should move the deadline closer to kick off to solve the problem. Sky game let's you see line ups.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm surprised he takes the risk. Its not worth it.

They should move the deadline closer to kick off to solve the problem. Sky game let's you see line ups.

Is there financial value to how many people follow you on twitter like on other platforms ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Chap is probably just taking AL from the office until end of season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is there financial value to how many people follow you on twitter like on other platforms ?

Not for followers alone I don't think. Unless he started promoting things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

More a case that he's addicted to the praise and attention I'd say. Hopefully he doesn't get found out, he seems like a nice guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dearg81 wrote: »
    More a case that he's addicted to the praise and attention I'd say. Hopefully he doesn't get found out, he seems like a nice guy.

I think it has grown out of control on him !
    Seems genuine
    Can’t be making any money out it. It’s only hassle at this stage I’d say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I don't think he has the access I'd imagine he's a fence and its coming from a friend I would think. Can't imagine anyone who does have access would risk their job for the sake of twitter.

km79 wrote: »
    I think it has grown out of control on him !
    Seems genuine
    Can’t be making any money out it. It’s only hassle at this stage I’d say

and he's missing deadlines because of it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭nullObjects

If he had a plan to sell the account it would have some value as well
    Wouldn't be worth the risk of him losing his job though I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If he had a plan to sell the account it would have some value as well
    Wouldn't be worth the risk of him losing his job though I'd imagine

Not really worth much without the intel. I feel he's just doing it as a favour to the FPL/Twitter world, getting a little out of hand. I can see him stopping it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Saw that the premier league is looking at keeping the transfer window open for first 6 weeks of the season. Could be a few spanners for next season (whatever that looks like)

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Saw that the premier league is looking at keeping the transfer window open for first 6 weeks of the season. Could be a few spanners for next season (whatever that looks like)

Could hopefully give us the chance to get a real bargain if someone moves to a top 6 club after fpl ha started. Although looking at it hard to see any obvious candidates. The Grealish deal doesn't look as appealing for United now and if Traore moved to Liverpool and was priced at ~8 doesn't seem like he would be great value given the likely lack of game time.

jimmii wrote: »
    I don't think he has the access I'd imagine he's a fence and its coming from a friend I would think. Can't imagine anyone who does have access would risk their job for the sake of twitter.

Fairly certain he has the access.

Could hopefully give us the chance to get a real bargain if someone moves to a top 6 club after fpl ha started. Although looking at it hard to see any obvious candidates. The Grealish deal doesn't look as appealing for United now and if Traore moved to Liverpool and was priced at ~8 doesn't seem like he would be great value given the likely lack of game time.

Works better the other way.

Little known 4.0m defender from top 6 club gets a move to the likes of Palace and is a regular starter.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Fairly certain he has the access.

Much like yourself just seems crazy for anyone with direct access to do it. Are the timings match when the data comes through to yourselves?

Much like yourself just seems crazy for anyone with direct access to do it. Are the timings match when the data comes through to yourselves?

It all depends on when the teams send them in tbh but ya, generally they'd be in 7-15 mins before the 60 minute mark (in particular in case new players need to be added to the system before squad releases 60 mins before KO)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1283406048762658817?s=19

The 5 sub rule could be the new norm - up to each countries FA whether they want to adopt it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I would prefer to keep the 3 sub rule myself, both for football and also FPL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Seen on Reddit that Barack Obama is following Ben Crelling. Checked myself and he actually is.

Although he does follow 600k people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FitzShane wrote: »
    I would prefer to keep the 3 sub rule myself, both for football and also FPL!

Individual leagues are to decide for themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1283406048762658817?s=19

The 5 sub rule could be the new norm - up to each countries FA whether they want to adopt it or not.

It will make a massive change to fantasy footy if this is implemented in premier league, The magic 60mins bonus might be harder to get to for players, it may be more than pep doing roulette with his squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Seen on Reddit that Barack Obama is following Ben Crelling. Checked myself and he actually is.

Although he does follow 600k people
    Well if he wants to finally get one over on that nerd Buttegieg in his ML, he needs to be prepped on the DGWs well in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,151 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Leeds are promoted to the Premier League.

Am considering Wood as C this week

He got two against them earlier in the season

Leeds are promoted to the Premier League.

Delighted, Leeds are a huge club who belong in the PL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Play mathinez away to villa
    Or
    Pope away to Norwich this week?

Advertisement