Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This might be of interest to some folks, came across it on fantasy scout site

https://fanteam.com/season-game/171482

I tried to sign up for this a few days ago...not available in Ireland unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Bournemouth have some nice opening fixtures and if you've blown your budget on some of the big name players, a Bournemouth defender might be a good filler option.

Who's their goalkeeper, and are any of the 4m / 4.5m defenders nailed on starters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah I have Adam Smith at the moment. It never ever goes well with Bournemouth though.

Apparently Kelly is injured which might mean Rico as a 4.0m is an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

does Lundstram at southampton have any chance of being a starter ? 4m defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

miller82 wrote: »
    does Lundstram at southampton have any chance of being a starter ? 4m defender

Safe to say he has zero chance of starting for Southampton.

It might not sit well with his current employers Sheffield United, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

ha , sorry i meant Sheffield United....stupid jersey threw me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I tried to sign up for this a few days ago...not available in Ireland unfortunately.

The 250k prize money has a Euro symbol beside it ! Pity I would have liked to play this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

km79 wrote: »

Heaton to my team is official

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The 250k prize money has a Euro symbol beside it ! Pity I would have liked to play this

Same. It's available in random places like Moldova but not here, no idea why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Heaton to my team is official

Pope to my team is official

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

naughtb4 wrote:
    Pope is yellow flagged at the moment - only thing that has me wary

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Pope to my team is official

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Same. It's available in random places like Moldova but not here, no idea why.

Hmm I wonder if you used a VPN to register and won would you get paid out. Probably not worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

Any West Ham fans any insight on Johnson at full back?
    Is he likely to be a regular starter ahead of Zabaleta/Fredericks?

I was going to go with Balbuena as my 4.5 bench option for WH good fixtures after GW1.
    If I can get Johnson is at 4.0 it enables me to freefall into the Barkley trap but I already have Lundstrum in draft so he would need to be a starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1297982/leicester-city-squad-numbers-for-201920-confirmed/press-release

if teams were picked on squad numbers, I would worry about Perez v Tielemans

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    https://www.lcfc.com/news/1297982/leicester-city-squad-numbers-for-201920-confirmed/press-release

Considering they play different positions I’m not
    And
    Maguire is 15
    Ndidi is 25
    And Pérez has same shirt number he had at Newcastle

Roy Keane was 16 for his time at united
    He played a bit ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

km79 wrote: »
    Considering they play different positions I’m not
    And
    Maguire is 15
    Ndidi is 25
    And Pérez has same shirt number he had at Newcastle

Roy Keane was 16 for his time at united
    He played a bit ;)

thank you - that's all i needed to silence my anti perez devil within

chris445 wrote: »
    Any West Ham fans any insight on Johnson at full back?
    Is he likely to be a regular starter ahead of Zabaleta/Fredericks?

I was going to go with Balbuena as my 4.5 bench option for WH good fixtures after GW1.
    If I can get Johnson is at 4.0 it enables me to freefall into the Barkley trap but I already have Lundstrum in draft so he would need to be a starter.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110848272&postcount=502

Taxuser1 wrote: »

Fuchs is still at Leicester :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Would you go for a Villa or Sheffield United keeper?

I'm on Henderson atm and think he will have a big season but always liked Heaton as a goalkeeper.

Didnt see anything of the two teams last season so unsure how they setup in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A lot of people picking Barkley in their lineups. I just don't see him in the starting lineup.

Lampard seems to like a 4-2-3-1 formation.
    So if he goes with that then you have Kante and Jorginho at the base of midfield with Bakayoko there as backup. I think Pulisic is certain to start on the left for at least the first six games. I'd fancy Hudson-Odoi will start on the right side which leaves the central attacking midfield role. You have William, Pedro, Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Van Ginkel and Mason Mount, who played at Derby under Lampard last season, and Barkley fighting for one or maybe two spots on the team sheet.
    Up front is just as hard to call with Giroud, Batshuayi and Abraham looking for the start.
    Even if Lamps goes with a 4-3-3 it doesn't make it any easier for Barkley imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Heaton is an excellent keeper so I'd go with Villa. They pair perfectly with Heaton's old club Burnley so I have Pope with Heaton.

eagle eye wrote: »
    A lot of people picking Barkley in their lineups. I just don't see him in the starting lineup.

So if he goes with that then you have Kante and Jorginho at the base of midfield with Bakayoko there as backup. I think Pulisic is certain to start on the left for at least the first six games. I'd fancy Hudson-Odoi will start on the right side which leaves the central attacking midfield role. You have William, Pedro, Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Van Ginkel and Mason Mount, who played at Derby under Lampard last season, and Barkley fighting for one or maybe two spots on the team sheet.
    Up front is just as hard to call with Giroud, Batshuayi and Abraham looking for the start.

Thanks I needed to see it spelled out even though I knew it was a trap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

eagle eye wrote: »

Hudson Odoi and RLC are out though so it’s 2 spots up for grabs. Think he’ll start on first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

I'm on Henderson atm and think he will have a big season but always liked Heaton as a goalkeeper.

Didnt see anything of the two teams last season so unsure how they setup in defence.

Sheffield are a lot better defensively than Villa. 21 to 12 clean sheets in the Championship last year. I'd definitely be going with Henderson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

You should bear in mind that the Villa/Burnley goalkeeper combination means you can guarantee a home fixture for the whole season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Villa last season were significantly better defensively away from home than at home. I'm not looking for a rotation pair myself, but just something to consider for those who are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

Willian, RLC, Van Ginkel and Hudson Adoi are all unavailable according to physioroom.
    I would also have classed Kovacic in the same role as Jorginho/Kante rather than further forward.
    I think at the moment the number 10 role is between Barkley and Mason Mount and think PL experience will edge it for Barkley for the first few GW.

On a side note.
    It looks to me like Albrighton may be first choice starter for Leicester ahead of Gray and Barnes.
    He could be a good enabler at 5.5 if he is a starter and Leicester have good attacking prospects this year.
    Anyone have any insights on Leicester on whether he will start?

In my current team set up I will have 1 starter out of the below 2 options

Balbuena and Albrighton
    Johnson(WH) and Barkley

• Advertisement

Hudson Odoi and RLC are out though so it’s 2 spots up for grabs. Think he’ll start on first day.

Don't think Willian has taken part in pre-season either.

Advertisement