Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    added now 9.5

Ah I was 0.5 off. Not surprisingly they price him more than I wanted him at as has been the case with many players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Anyone tried getting Salah, Sterling, Kane and Aguero in to a team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

leave Aguero off for now IMO. Copa America, and City don't have to rush him back because of their squad depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

9.5 for Pepe is 1m too much imo.

As I understand it (and I havent checked the facts) but a good chunk of his goals last season where penalties.... throw in the fact that he's was all achieved in a lower standard of league and the fact that he will need time to adjust to his new team and a new league I just can't see him returning those type of goals and assists stats straight away. A few reports I read likened him to Zaha but with the potential to be better ... in time. I think 8.5 or 9 would have been more interesting

... now if he where to be on penalties at Arsenal that would be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No, that’s absolutely nuts. It’s hard enough to fit 3 in and have a good rest of the team

• Advertisement

9 of Pepe's league goals last season were penos. Over-priced IMO. Auba should be on pens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

manual_man wrote: »
    9 of Pepe's league goals last season were penos. Over-priced IMO. Auba should be on pens

From the smatterings I know about him he seems like more of a pest like assister of assists. Great for the other players in the team but him personally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Maguire to United apparently a done deal
    I’m interested in him at 5.5 to be honest
    I have duffy in at moment
    Zaha to Perez allows me maguire instead
    Or I could just switch zinchenko who I am not convinced of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dsmythy wrote: »
    From the smatterings I know about him he seems like more of a pest like assister of assists. Great for the other players in the team but him personally?

Only two players scored more than 20 goals and got 10 plus assists in their league last season. He was one and the other was Messi.

He won 8 of the 9 pens he scored. Even if Auba is on pens, he could get plenty of assists.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Maguire to United apparently a done deal
    I’m interested in him at 5.5 to be honest
    I have duffy in at moment
    Zaha to Perez allows me maguire instead
    Or I could just switch zinchenko who I am not convinced of

I'd prefer AWB now at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It's a tough one, AWB was a bonus magnet at Palace but you'd fancy Maguire for a few goals from set pieces.

Either of them offer excellent value I think, Man Uniteds defence should be a lot stronger this year.

Maguire has far far far more attacking threat

Prob means dunk is off to leictser as well
    Could offer real value at some stage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Dunk is already in my team in anticipation of this move. :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Apparently they are looking at tarkowski too which is pain as he is 5.0

And Brighton agreed a £20m deal earlier for CB Adam Webster. Would seem to be a replacement for Dunk. Still not convinced by Dunk at £4.5m though. I feel Leicester's attacking assets will be where the value is. Pereira will probably be the pick of their defenders, but he's extremely attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

And Brighton agreed a £20m deal earlier for CB Adam Webster. Would seem to be a replacement for Dunk. Still not convinced by Dunk at £4.5m though. I feel Leicester's attacking assets will be where the value is. Pereira will probably be the pick of their defenders, but he's extremely attacking.

Exactly. They didn't keep too many clean sheets pre-Rodgers so I'm not sure he'll be a fantastic addition just yet.

Everton are after Rojo apparently if they don’t get zouma back on loan

That’s not gonna help Dignes clean sheet potential one bit!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Maguire has far far far more attacking threat

Maguire has never got more than 3 goals in a season. I'd fancy AWB to outscore him too based on assists and bonus points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote: »
    I couldn't find heat maps for the past two seasons on him there.

Something changed during the 17/18 season. Between August and December 2017 he scored 6 goals and had 9 assists. In his last ten matches of the 17/18 season he had 1 goal and 2 assists. I can't find a heat map for that season but I've got one for

18/19 and it's quite different to the two from your linked article. It appears he spent a lot less time out wide and a lot more time in his own half of the pitch.

So here is the two they have which are for 15/16 and 16/17.

9C9F7773-3E0D-4CE0-8740-05297891718D-300x208.jpeg
    8993478B-C8ED-4934-8031-594CDBA9291B-300x203.jpeg

Below is 18/19
    RBkl2yU.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Some people here are way too optimistic on AWB. His main strength is his defending and that's what he was signed for. He only got three assists last year, iirc two of them came early in the season which gave people a false impression. He was a magnet for bonus points last season but I'd say most of them came when an average Palace were playing a poor team so there was a lack of quality on the pitch. He also picked up a lot of his bonus when Palace kept a clean sheet which was probably more to do with interceptions and winning tackles than attacking output. There will be more quality attacking players on the pitch at Utd so I don't think AWB will be dominating the bonus points there. I'd definitely take Maguire over him at the same price, that slabhead should be worth at least a couple of goals and AWB will need double that number of assists to match those points. It was his 4.0 price and nailed on status that made AWB a must have last season not his attacking threat, at his price this season there are better options available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Poor Luke Shaw. Forgotten man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Yep, he got a goal and 5 assists last season compared to AWB's three assists.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Hmmmm.....a threat to our Heaton / Pope combo perhaps. :(

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/1157290301750489088

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Wilberto wrote: »
    Hmmmm.....a threat to our Heaton / Pope combo perhaps. :(

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/1157290301750489088

Probably a back up as hart is looking for a move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Just tore my team apart. Went from three premium strikers to two premium mids and one premium striker.

Kept 1.5 in the bank too. Going to keep an eye on the Brighton forwards and Villa midfielders in particular. Norwich mids look decent but then again so did Cairney et al before last season started for Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Yeah if I'm having a United defender it's 100% going to be him

Which West Ham centre half is the good one ?

Think it’s Diop that made a big difference to their clean sheet ratio last year ? Am I mixing them up ?

• Advertisement

Which West Ham centre half is the good one ?

Think it’s Diop that made a big difference to their clean sheet ratio last year ? Am I mixing them up ?

No it’s him
    He was a Fuxking disaster for me when I brought him in though
    But in real life he is good

Advertisement