Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thos on Coleman may need to rethink. Everton are about to sign Sidibe from Monaco. Excellet RB, was in the French squad that won the world cup last summer.

Adrian signed for Liverpool today too, as a WH fan, if Allison happens to get injured, I'll be abandoning all Liverpool defenders. He's atrocious, Liverpool are a Allison injury away from Europa league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ScummyMan wrote:
    Liverpool look very shaky at the back again. I think it's a big risk doubling up on their defense to start the season
    They conceded one goal to a front five of Dilva, Bilva, De Bruyne, Sane and Sterling and you are saying they look dodgy?

Lukaku training with Anderlect while he waits for his move, so Greenwood back in the picture

Fake news sigh,

Anyone have a pair of 4.5 defenders with a rotation they like the look of? I'd be happy with even a first 5/6 games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anyone have a pair of 4.5 defenders with a rotation they like the look of? I'd be happy with even a first 5/6 games

Currently on Cathcart and Dunk. Brings you up GW6 with Newcastle away the worst fixture you'll have if you start at least one of them each week. GW3 you could possibly start both.

Both have a decent goal threat and are nailed, good enough for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Villa & Watford rotate well.

So Target & Kiko Femina would be good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thos on Coleman may need to rethink. Everton are about to sign Sidibe from Monaco. Excellet RB, was in the French squad that won the world cup last summer.

Adrian signed for Liverpool today too, as a WH fan, if Allison happens to get injured, I'll be abandoning all Liverpool defenders. He's atrocious, Liverpool are a Allison injury away from Europa league

I think that's quite harsh on Adrian. Prone to the odd mistake, but no more than Mignolet.

On Coleman, we should be safe for the first few gameweeks at least. Ended the season very well, captain and a fans favourite. Long term, possibly a concern yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

eagle eye wrote: »
    They conceded one goal to a front five of Dilva, Bilva, De Bruyne, Sane and Sterling and you are saying they look dodgy?

Did you watch the game? Off the top of my head I can think of big chances for Sterling and Sane, yes they improved after half time but they were lucky to still be in the game then.

They also shipped 3 goals to Napoli last week with a back 4 of Robertson, VVD, Matip and TAA. Not exactly weak. Also this summer includes 3 goals shipped against Dortmund, 2 against Sevilla and 2 against Sporting.

Yes its only pre season, but I don't think its a stretch to say doubling and tripling up on defensive form like that is a risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    I’m half thinking of going with a Vardy Wilson Jimenez frontline. Anyone else the same? I definitely feel they’re the 3 best outside of Auba Kane and Aguero

I'm going with Vardy, Wilson and Deeney. Think Deeney is going under the radar. Avoiding Jiminez for now due to fitness concerns and Europa League but will be monitoring both him and Jota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Mosie kean at 7.0 is definitely goung into my team. But not for a couple weeks he'll need time to get up to speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Wonder if the Friday deadline will catch people in GW1

Surely it'll he Rashford up top? I remember OGS saying that he is going to be a great one.

ScummyMan wrote:
    Yes its only pre season, but I don't think its a stretch to say doubling and tripling up on defensive form like that is a risk.
    I'm not one for doubling up myself but I wouldn't be concerned and the only game you have to go in is yesterday's game because preseason doesn't matter a jot outside of individual performances.
    Yesterday they played the best team in the league who have scored over 200 goals in the last two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gary Cahill has signed for palace
    Need lundstrum to hold his spot now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any love for Zaha? He's a penalty winning magnet. Maybe VAR will either work in his favour or could put a stop to a lot of pens won by him.
    Zouma at Chelsea is another punt I have but might downgrade him to a 4.5 player in order to swap Joelinton to Deeney. Happy enough with everyone else in my draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to put the matchday thread up in good time.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Neal Maupay,a striker, has signed for Brighton,decent goal record in lower leagues,41 in 2 seasons,probably come in at 5.5/6m

Been a Friday start for a few years now hasn't it?

Any love for Zaha? He's a penalty winning magnet. Maybe VAR will either work in his favour or could put a stop to a lot of pens won by him.
    Literally hasn't played a mintute in 8 preseason games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Not at palace any way late back from the afcon and could throw his toys out of the pram as he has stated he wants out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno what to do about my defense. I feel like all the decent point scoring defenders are very high priced this year. I already have Laporte VVD and Digne in there which means ive had to spend less up front.

I really wanted either auba or Kane but cant because i have Salah and Sterling and i feel i cant drop either.

I have Wilson Jota and Greenwood up front so ya i dunno how i feel about it. Vardy would of been nice. I am gonna keep an eye on Kean as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Missed yesterdays game can anyone give me a report on kdb I was nearly set to go without but I'm starting to have second thoughts is he playing too deep to take a chance on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Will Vardy be seeing as much time up front with Perez? I've got Perez in my squad, and am considering taking Vardy out and shifting one or two around to upgrade him to Auba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

VW 1 wrote: »
    Will Vardy be seeing as much time up front with Perez? I've got Perez in my squad, and am considering taking Vardy out and shifting one or two around to upgrade him to Auba.

Yes. Vardy is nailed(and on pens)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

i see perez playing with him

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

With Joao Cancelo move likely it seems zinchenko will not be a guaranteed starter anymore ..he play the first GW1 but then its peps roulette all over again.

Thinking of Upgrading Zinc to Walker and Digne to AwB/maguire.

What are your strategies??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Vardy will be nailed on starter but given their manager and other attacking players in the team, I would expect Leicester goals to be spread around a good bit this season. While he will score, I don't think Vardy will be banging them in every week and is over priced imo. Perez is much better value, gets an extra point per goal plus the potential for cs points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

sanket wrote: »
    With Joao Cancelo move likely it seems zinchenko will not be a guaranteed starter anymore ..he play the first GW1 but then its peps roulette all over again.

Thinking of Upgrading Zinc to Walker and Digne to AwB/maguire.

What are your strategies??

Cancelo is a RB (who can play on the left) so I would have thought Walker would now be a risky pick. I remember Pep being very unhappy with some of Walkers performances last season and pretty sure he was dropped for a few games at one stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

This has now been confirmed.

I thought Kelly was a full back. Maybe I'm wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

This has now been confirmed.

I thought Kelly was a full back. Maybe I'm wrong?

He can play both. He'll always be there to cover injuries should they happen.

Advertisement