Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

manual_man wrote:
    Spurs have agreed a fee for Dybala according to reports

I can't see Levy agreeing to his wage demands though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hmmm, does that make Kane more or less attractive as an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Less, Dybala is way better looking

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

I don't see Martial in many drafts. What are the thoughts there? Good pre season. Good price. Ok fixtures. Should be goals in that team. He'd be my only Man U cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Strong rumours going that fabianski won't be fit for the weekend apparently the back up keeper is pretty useless could change the opinions on city for gw1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dybala would be great for Kane's output. Eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Barkley is bugging me. Super high ceiling potential but i can't shake the feeling that him and Mount will be rotated a lot. I'm now thinking of changing Laporte(who might be injured anyway) to KWP(nice gw1 punt potential and possible price rises) and then upgrade Barkley to Moura who i fancy strongly to do well in gw1. Can then monitor the Chelsea attacking mid situation as well as Aston Villa mids and maybe transfer one in for gw2.. KWP to Laporte thereafter. Sounds good in my head, but best laid plans and all that :pac:

Edit: alternatively i could gw1 punt on Lamela and then just straight swap to Barkley/Grealish/Mount/other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Are people not worried about Kane sharing the forward position with Moura? His points were affected when they played together last season.

Have kept that in mind. Also his August drought. Will see how the first GW goes otherwise direct swap with Auba for GW2

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Ok so here it is where i am at.

Vvd digne awb kelly lundstram
    OR
    Vvd walker awb/kwp kelly lunds
    OR
    Rob digne kwp kelly lunds.

Can someone help..
    Rest of the team i am happy with.
    Ryan(stek)

Salah Sterling Bark perez dedonc
    Kane King Deeney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I prefer the first one purely because I can set and forget

If KWP us dropped at any time u are likely down to 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Barkley is bugging me. Super high ceiling potential but i can't shake the feeling that him and Mount will be rotated a lot. I'm now thinking of changing Laporte(who might be injured anyway) to KWP(nice gw1 punt potential and possible price rises) and then upgrade Barkley to Moura who i fancy strongly to do well in gw1. Can then monitor the Chelsea attacking mid situation as well as Aston Villa mids and maybe transfer one in for gw2.. KWP to Laporte thereafter. Sounds good in my head, but best laid plans and all that :pac:

Edit: alternatively i could gw1 punt on Lamela and then just straight swap to Barkley/Grealish/Mount/other :)

I'm not convinced about him either and don't like not having Spurs cover for the first game. I could swap him and Vardy for Moura and Fraser...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Some rumours that Aurier is in negotiations with PSG. Would that mean KWP is a shoe in? What if Aurier stays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Some rumours that Aurier is in negotiations with PSG. Would that mean KWP is a shoe in? What if Aurier stays?

If he's going surely they'll be buying a new player to replace him.

Has Alonso definitely dropped to second choice at Chelsea ?

Has Alonso definitely dropped to second choice at Chelsea ?

Going on pre season minutes they spilt them for 4 games and Emerson had the most in the last 2

As a side note Chelsea will have a small enough team this year,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As a side note Chelsea will have a small enough team this year,
    That's wrong, they had bunches of f players out on loan.
    They have a defense that includes Rudiger, Luiz, Christiansen, Zouma as the main centre backs. Obviously Azpi can slot in there as well and he has serious competition at right back from Reece James who was player of the year for Wigan last season while on loan there and made the Championship team of the season. Then on the other side you have Emerson who looks like he has won the starting job over Alonso. That's a serious defensive unit.
    In midfield they have lots of depth in the central roles and out wide. Up top they have three decent options but nothing spectacular.

eagle eye wrote: »
    That's wrong, they had bunches of f players out on loan.
    They have a defense that includes Rudiger, Luiz, Christiansen, Zouma as the main centre backs. Obviously Azpi can slot in there as well and he has serious competition at right back from Reece James who was player of the year for Wigan last season while on loan there and made the Championship team of the season. Then on the other side you have Emerson who looks like he has won the starting job over Alonso. That's a serious defensive unit.
    In midfield they have lots of depth in the central roles and out wide. Up top they have three decent options but nothing spectacular.

No in actual size, a lot of there first team players are small, kante, jorgino, emerson, pulisic, pedro, azpilicuetta are all under 6 foot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

My team is getting worse by the hour!

PARlance wrote: »

I feel that way too.

Seeing too much.

Not even settled on a formation yet.

Have even looked at 2 Everton players though I said 2 days ago I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

Currently in a complete mess. Crumbling under the pressure.

Managed to get myself a midfield of

Moura,Barkley,Salah,Sterling,Bilva

Looks great on paper. Looking forward to 12 points total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The more podcasts I listen to the more rash decisions I make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Same. At the overthinking and over-tinkering stage.

Managed to get myself a midfield of

Moura,Barkley,Salah,Sterling,Bilva

Looks great on paper. Looking forward to 12 points total.

Bilva is the one killing me.

I really want him as I think he’s going to have an outstanding season.

I expect him to have a lot more goal involvement this season.

But his price is killing my team because I’m trying to go with Sterling, Salah and Kane too.

If I bite the bullet and leave Bilva out I could pick my team in a few minutes now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bilva is the one killing me.

I really want him as I think he’s going to have an outstanding season.

I expect him to have a lot more goal involvement this season.

But his price is killing my team because I’m trying to go with Sterling, Salah and Kane too.

If I bite the bullet and leave Bilva out I could pick my team in a few minutes now.

What's the team without Bilva?

I feel that way too.

Seeing too much.

Not even settled on a formation yet.

Have even looked at 2 Everton players though I said 2 days ago I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

Currently in a complete mess. Crumbling under the pressure.

I was at the 2 Everton mids stage myself before posting!

I'm a mess, caught between trying to get a solid team and one geared up for just GW1-4 with a WC in mind.

I don't recommend 2 Everton mids.

We thrive on disappointment. I've Digne and my risky player is Kean as a bias player and hope he hits the ground running.

I don't recommend 2 Everton mids.

We thrive on disappointment. I've Digne and my risky player is Kean as a bias player and hope he hits the ground running.

Don't get me wrong, I've no idea how they got there :)

Kean is only 7m I see.... triple EVE attack so.

Joking aside, first 4 games are appealing for an early WC'er.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What's the team without Bilva?

Just played with it there.

The truth is Kane is probably the problem.

I can downgrade Kane to Wilson and have Bilva or keep Kane and have to start one of Lunstram or Dendoncker.

It’s now more like Barkley & Wilson or Martial & Wood.

I know that looks like a no brainer but my notes from last year tell me to 100% go with Martial if he has a full preseason, looks likely to be in the first 11, and is under 9.0m so that is how highly I rate him.

I also have Wood as a must own if he had a full preseason and was under 7.5m.

So I’d be going against my notes from last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just played with it there.

The truth is Kane is probably the problem.

I can downgrade Kane to Wilson and have Bilva or keep Kane and have to start one of Lunstram or Dendoncker.

Keep Kane!

Keep your premiums and reassess later. While Bilva might hit the heights you think he will, I think you should a few GW's and reassess.

Advertisement