Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

It’s now more like Barkley & Wilson or Martial & Wood.

I know that looks like a no brainer but my notes from last year tell me to 100% go with Martial if he has a full preseason, looks likely to be in the first 11, and is under 9.0m so that is how highly I rate him.

I also have Wood as a must own if he had a full preseason and was under 7.5m.

So I’d be going against my notes from last season.

I had Wood last season. Great player to own.

On the flip side, I think Barkley is a good train to be on early doors.

Go with both and invest elsewhere?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Keep Kane!

Keep your premiums and reassess later. While Bilva might hit the heights you think he will, I think you should a few GW's and reassess.

I have Salah and Sterling so I’m not premium shy. Kane would have been the third.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I know that looks like a no brainer but my notes from last year tell me to 100% go with Martial if he has a full preseason, looks likely to be in the first 11, and is under 9.0m so that is how highly I rate him.

I wouldn't say it's a no brainer at all. In fact, I'd also go with Martial and Wood. Wood has had a brilliant preseason as well.

Then again, I've always liked Martial anyway. :)

I don't recommend 2 Everton mids.

We thrive on disappointment. I've Digne and my risky player is Kean as a bias player and hope he hits the ground running.

I'm on double Everton defence and was set to go but I'm weavering, also Kean is only 19 surely he will be phased in slowly to start with. All Evertons other options are expensive although I'm interested in Richy (mr starts the season great)

I think ye have the best opening fixtures combined by far, but ye have been rubbish attacking wise pre season

Wilberto wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's a no brainer at all. In fact, I'd also go with Martial and Wood. Wood has had a brilliant preseason as well.

Then again, I've always liked Martial anyway. :)

Martial just looks so good every time I see him.

Could surely be one of the best in Europe but I don’t follow enough to know what’s holding him back. His attitude doesn’t look great and maybe that’s all it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

The only thing that martial has done consistently since he joined united is disappoint

Martial just looks so good every time I see him.

Could surely be one of the best in Europe but I don’t follow enough to know what’s holding him back. His attitude doesn’t look great and maybe that’s all it is.

Half the time he can't be arsed the other half he doesn't look arsed, on the wing he is a one trick Pony and that trick is running straight into defenders not round or past but into.

I'd be interested to see how he would get on as a striker if he was thought how to make good runs as he is the best finisher at the club but I won't be holding my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

What about Sturridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

budgemook wrote: »
    What about Sturridge?

Doesn't play for Liverpool anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just looked at my team a bit more.

Barkley & Greenwood

OR

Dendonker & Wood

Leaning towards Den/Wood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I have Barkley and Wilson. Wouldn't trust Martial. Wood is a great pick but difficult early fixtures would put me off him for now.

I have Barkley and Wilson. Wouldn't trust Martial. Wood is a great pick but difficult early fixtures would put me off him for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I'm on double Everton defence and was set to go but I'm weavering, also Kean is only 19 surely he will be phased in slowly to start with. All Evertons other options are expensive although I'm interested in Richy (mr starts the season great)

I think ye have the best opening fixtures combined by far, but ye have been rubbish attacking wise pre season

Calvert Lewin has been handed the number 9 jersey for Everton. I would expect he will be their starting striker in the first few gamweeks with Kean phased in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Not much Firmino love? You can see by how quick Klopp to him back in how important he is. I fancy home to start the season well then probably drop off

Not much Firmino love? You can see by how quick Klopp to him back in how important he is. I fancy home to start the season well then probably drop off

Think the reason most aren't going Firmino is because of having 1 Pool Defence and Salah or Mane.

The likelihood of Firmino getting something and the likes of Mane/Salah not involved somehow will be quite rare I would think.

Barkley & Greenwood

OR

Dendonker & Wood

Leaning towards Den/Wood

I assume it’s one starter and one bench so I’d probably go with the safety of the Dendonker and Wood.

Barkley & Greenwood

OR

Dendonker & Wood

Leaning towards Den/Wood

I assume it’s one starter and one bench so I’d probably go with the safety of the Dendonker and Wood.

Yup that's my thinking also. Would be Wood or Barkley start.

Prefer Wood myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1159114915946344448?s=20

For whoever is interested, be steering well clear of Zaha for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Danny Welbeck gone to Watford. Won't be touching Delofeu now.

Troy Parrot added as a 4.5 striker. I reckon he's in the Mason Greenwood scenario of getting a few minutes here and there, and he's Irish too for anyone feeling patriotic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Troy Parrot added as a 4.5 striker. I reckon he's in the Mason Greenwood scenario of getting a few minutes here and there, and he's Irish too for anyone feeling patriotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Danny Welbeck gone to Watford. Won't be touching Delofeu now.

If Welbeck plays instead of Deulofeu they deserve everything they get :pac:

David Luiz trying to push through a move to Arsenal apparently... tomorrow could be mayhem yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

David Luiz trying to push through a move to Arsenal apparently... tomorrow could be mayhem yet!

Which makes zouma very interesting
    But now I don’t have 0.5 ml left
    Unless I downgrade Norwood and upgrade Cathcart
    I’m also going to be well out of the loop tomorrow evening
    Might be for the best !
    Haven’t changed my team at all today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Laporte to Zouma and Siggy to KDB just became very tempting!

That's exactly what Arsenal need, a proper solid, no-nonsense defender

claw wrote: »
    If Welbeck plays instead of Deulofeu they deserve everything they get :pac:
    Deulofeu back on the wing was what I was thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Harry Wilson added at £6m btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Strong rumours going that fabianski won't be fit for the weekend apparently the back up keeper is pretty useless could change the opinions on city for gw1

https://twitter.com/exwhuemployee/status/1159098812859858944?s=21
    Fabianski to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Deulofeu back on the wing was what I was thinking

Probably not worth having then if he isn't up front, a pity.

Advertisement