Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sheffield United manager just said this. Could be trouble for Lundstram

Lunds-tram in danger of being derailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

lalalalalalalalalala
    I did not see that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

km79 wrote: »
    lalalalalalalalalala
    I did not see that

?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Lu-0mCNgba0%2FVou6BZ53gOI%2FAAAAAAAAFZw%2FfsZyZLV-6OY%2Fs1600%2Fhead-in-sand.png&f=1

:pac: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

With the arrival of Tierney, is Kola still likely to start this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

why is Perez *or any Leicester) advertised as great value with fairly awful fixtures in the next 6 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Zaha staying at Palace according to SSN

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    why is Perez *or any Leicester) advertised as great value with fairly awful fixtures in the next 6 games.

He's playing up front in an extremely attacking team. Fixtures aren't brilliant but their the kind of team you'd fancy to score against anybody. First up is Wolves at home. Wolves play this evening in Armenia(Europa League) a round trip of over 6k miles, so they may be fatigued. Chelsea away after doesn't sound great but Chelsea haven't looked great defensively under Lampard - i'd expect Leicester to score in that one as well. After that they play Sheff Utd and Bournemouth - 2 decent fixtures. So to start out i think their prospects are pretty good. Mind you gw5-8 they play Man U, Spurs and Liverpool so i'd be a bit concerned there. But i'm more than happy to have one of their attackers starting out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Lemlin wrote: »
    Zaha staying at Palace according to SSN

Where's that Milo chap again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Makes me very very tempted by Martial

Martial's minutes to points ratio is fantastic the last two seasons

18/19 - 122 points in 1613 minutes (18 starts/9 sub appearances)
    17/18 - 125 points in 1572 minutes (18 starts/12 sub appearances)

Surely he's a nailed on starter this year for United so we should see an uptick in points this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The best 6.5 midfielder and below is my conundrum at the mo. I’m thinking Tielemans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

callaway92 wrote: »
    Thanks

From the below - I can't tell if I can pick any player before the deadline tomorrow or else before the GW 2 deadline

Any idea?

You were 8th pick so you will first choice - set it up now to guarantee getting the trade you want.
    It will go through all waivers(8th>1st, 1st>8th etc, same as draft but in reverse).

Once waivers are completed, it's a free for all until GW starts.

Then from GW2 it's lowest ranked to highest for waivers, then FFA until next GW starts.

Waivers are processed 24hrs before deadline.

That's my understanding, apologies if incorrect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

With the arrival of Tierney, is Kola still likely to start this week?

Yeah either him or Monreal, Tierney has been injured so won't feature for a few weeks.

CSF wrote: »
    The best 6.5 midfielder and below is my conundrum at the mo. I’m thinking Tielemans.

He's the kind of player who will chip in regularly with returns i think

manual_man wrote: »
    He's the kind of player who will chip in regularly with returns i think

That’s it. Gross was another I was looking at and Redmond.

That’s it. Gross was another I was looking at and Redmond.

A much cheaper Southampton midfielder at 5.0m, Hojbjerg is a player that whenever I watch him he looks great and likely to score more goals, is great at running off the back of midfielders and arriving late. Just turned 24 and will be playing in a Southampton team I expect to be better this year (safely mid table). I'm expecting him to kick on as a player and possibly move to a bigger club next summer. He's my pick for a cheap midfielder that could turn out to be a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

F1ngers wrote: »
    You were 8th pick so you will first choice - set it up now to guarantee getting the trade you want.
    It will go through all waivers(8th>1st, 1st>8th etc, same as draft but in reverse).

Once waivers are completed, it's a free for all until GW starts.

Then from GW2 it's lowest ranked to highest for waivers, then FFA until next GW starts.

Waivers are processed 24hrs before deadline.

That's my understanding, apologies if incorrect.

Thanks man - So if hypothetically I don't 'sign' Iwobi before the gameweek 1 starts; someone else could take him?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Thanks man - So if hypothetically I don't 'sign' Iwobi before the gameweek 1 starts; someone else could take him?

Yes.
    Set up your priority pick 1st, as 8th you will get that one.
    Other picks depend on other players set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sheffield United manager just said this. Could be trouble for Lundstram

They signed Mo Besic from Everton :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm between Lanzini and Perez at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Johnson (4.0) for West Ham, any chance of starting? Would prefer a WH def to Lundstram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Callum Robinson?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

bantee wrote: »
    Johnson (4.0) for West Ham, any chance of starting? Would prefer a WH def to Lundstram

I was looking at Reid also for 4.0. I would have thought he would be pushing to start for WH?

AWB's 36% ownership vs Luke Shaw's 2.1% seems crazy to me. Same price, same defence, both likely to start similar amount of games. But for me Shaw would be a better attacking outlet than AWB as his final ball always looks better to me, his only fault would be he's picked up injuries earlier in his career.

A definite differential I'll be going for if picking up a United defender.

Fromvert wrote: »
    AWB's 36% ownership vs Luke Shaw's 2.1% seems crazy to me. Same price, same defence, both likely to start similar amount of games. But for me Shaw would be a better attacking outlet than AWB as his final ball always looks better to me, his only fault would be he's picked up injuries earlier in his career.

A definite differential I'll be going for if picking up a United defender.

I'm on him. Played crap tonnes of games last season. Injuries left him alone. Though I gather people say he faded badly towards the end of the season through fatigue. Should be good for the first lump of season I'd hope. United's defence simply can't be as bad this time around especially with a Maguire figure there and a rapidly improving defensive performer like AWB.

Danny Drinkwater surely one of the better 4.5s now? Presuming he's jumping straight into a starting role of course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It’s pretty much a given that Zaha is going to Arnautović himself this season?

Had hopes for him but think I’ll avoid big style.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'm on him. Played crap tonnes of games last season. Injuries left him alone. Though I gather people say he faded badly towards the end of the season through fatigue. Should be good for the first lump of season I'd hope. United's defence simply can't be as bad this time around especially with a Maguire figure there and a rapidly improving defensive performer like AWB.

I expect United's defence to improve a lot, brought in two very good defenders and the back four will likely be settled this year (AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw), there was a lot of changing last year and De Gea will surely stop throwing balls into his net. Only 7 clean sheets last year, that number could jump to 12+ this year.

budgemook wrote: »
    Callum Robinson?
    My Callum Robinson and Ayoze Perez issues are purely in whether they'll be starters. Both are in the potential OOP midfielder categories but both also play in positions that their teams have signed a few players in.

Tielemans on the other hand, I feel is too good not to be an every week starter unless he really performs below himself.

Surely Klopp will start Mane.
    It means he heads into the 2019/20 curtain-raiser against Norwich City with the chance to match a feat only previously managed by Teddy Sheringham.

Sheringham is the only player in Premier League history to score a Matchweek 1 goal in four consecutive campaigns,

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1301240

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

I need help,
    I'm looking for a defender for 4 mil, a 4.5 mid and a 4.5 forward who have a chance of starting or at least coming on.
    Thanks,
    (I wasnt planning on doing a team this year until a friend challenged me this evening)

Advertisement