Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No leagues updating for me.

Is that normal for first GW ?

Can’t see any opposition manager teams.

Leagues not updated. To see another team,tap on the manager's name then tap on GW near the top left to see their team. I found this by accident.
    Hopefully they'll fix these issues over the weekend.

Leagues not updated. To see another team,tap on the manager's name then tap on GW near the top left to see their team. I found this by accident.
    Hopefully they'll fix these issues over the weekend.

Cheers.

Works a treat.

Hopefully they sort it out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cheers.

Works a treat.

Hopefully they sort it out soon.

It is like this every season for GW1. Once the first update is completed everything will be ‘normal’.

I’m convinced clean sheets will be rare for the first few weeks at least.

I think VAR will have a huge impact.

As a result I’ve gone for only 1 premium defender.

Edit - TAA for his attacking potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Built your team around salah sterling Kane it looks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Dr. Bre wrote:

Near impossible to have all 3, and to have any semblance of a decent side around fhem. Never mind that Aubamayeng hasn't played yet.

Dr. Bre wrote: »

To be honest I didn’t find that bit too difficult but yes I wanted all 3.

It was getting Bilva in that made it hard but I really think/thought he’d have a near 200 point season.

I can downgrade Wilson or Bilva, at any time, to improve the others if needed.

I suppose my gamble was knowing I’d start Lundstram and only have Rico or another 4.0m to come in if needed. Currently have Gibson and hopefully we’ll have 2 x 4.0m playing throughout the season.

Nearly got lucky with Rico when Bilva didn’t start.

Currently on 87 points with Dendoncker and Martial to play.

My take from last season was if you’re going to find a regular starter at 4.0m in defence then just go for it. Lundstram is also OOP so I couldn’t ignore.

Also happy to play Dendoncker and take the 100 odd points, for 4.5m, if he gets that this season. I think he’ll get more.

Edit - I do appreciate I won’t get a Brighton double cleanie every week but if I get a some good results from them over the next few weeks I’ll be happy. I plan on using my FT’s in defence as and when appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Few random thoughts as watching MOTD

- Barnes perhaps the budget striker option a lot of us overlooked?
    - Kane the premium option that we are going to figure out how to incorporate - looks on really good form and confidence
    - Ramsdale seems to be first choice GK - at 4.5 - checked his price hoping he'd be a 4.0
    - No Bilva for Man City and Mahrez with 14 points on 8.5. Will look closely at him, if he did get a run in the team that would be amazing value.
    - New Everton attack fails to deliver on Day 1. CS for Digne though. coleman captain after they signed a new RB
    - Zaha benched
    - Watford get walloped 3-0 at home by a very different looking Brighton team.
    - Norwich look poor defensivly, other promoted sides looked decent and not pushovers
    - Palace attack is shocking without Zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

steve_r wrote: »
    Few random thoughts as watching MOTD

- Barnes perhaps the budget striker option a lot of us overlooked?
    - Kane the premium option that we are going to figure out how to incorporate - looks on really good form and confidence
    - Ramsdale seems to be first choice GK - at 4.5 - checked his price hoping he'd be a 4.0
    - No Bilva for Man City and Mahrez with 14 points on 8.5. Will look closely at him, if he did get a run in the team that would be amazing value.
    - New Everton attack fails to deliver on Day 1. CS for Digne though. coleman captain after they signed a new RB
    - Zaha benched
    - Watford get walloped 3-0 at home by a very different looking Brighton team.
    - Norwich look poor defensivly, other promoted sides looked decent and not pushovers
    - Palace attack is shocking without Zaha

I actually thought Kane looked sluggish and was taking up lots of positions out wide which was so frustrating to watch as an owner. But then he scores 2 damn goals! That's the thing with Kane. Just keep him in your team for a long period and he will get you goals.

Ramsdale looked solid for Bournemouth. Expect him to stay number 1, but it's still Bournemouth defensive cover so be wary as always.

Promising from Everton going forward and were very unlucky not to score - Siggy missed a sitter from 8 yards out and also had a shot cleared off the line. Defensively, Pickford still had to make some saves against a weak Palace team. Hopefully they retain their end of last season form in the backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Burnley without Europa could be good old reliable Burnley for home fixtures
    I’ll likely be looking to them for 4.5 defender in a few weeks
    Or Pope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The worrying thing about the Kane brace is that he was utterly shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Any decent apps (Android) or links to watch the premier league highlights? Missed MOTD...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

They're on youtube this season I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

They're on youtube this season I think

MOTD?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

titan18 wrote: »
    Near impossible to have all 3, and to have any semblance of a decent side around fhem. Never mind that Aubamayeng hasn't played yet.

No.its not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

thewools wrote: »
    Any decent apps (Android) or links to watch the premier league highlights? Missed MOTD...

Sky Sports app had all the goals up about 9.00 last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

thewools wrote: »
    Forza Football is excellent. Has the goals up about 4/5mns after they go in, full highlights about 10mns after the game ends.

Speaking of Apps, there was one last year like Livescore, that you could see the team lineup with the FPL score each player got underneath them. Can't find it anywhere, thought it was FlashScore, maybe they've hidden the feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Shedite27 wrote:
    Speaking of Apps, there was one last year like Livescore, that you could see the team lineup with the FPL score each player got underneath them. Can't find it anywhere, thought it was FlashScore, maybe they've hidden the feature?

Fotmob

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭liamoreilly

...What are people immediate reaction to B.Silva not starting... Mahrez with 3 assists is probably gonna start next week...Is it too early to panic and get rid?...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

...What are people immediate reaction to B.Silva not starting... Mahrez with 3 assists is probably gonna start next week...Is it too early to panic and get rid?...

I think city players are at risk of rotation roulette big time.

Sterling is probably the only one not at risk in there midfield I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

It’s Pep. No point trying to second guess him. Only guaranteed starter next week is Ederson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

remoteboy wrote: »

Only guaranteed starter next week is Ederson.

"Bravo set to make first Premier League appearance this season" we hear as the City line up is announced next week.

If I had him I wouldn't sell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do people reckon the GW highest score being at 0 until GW is over is an attempt to stop people setting up random teams to have high score at end of a given GW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

81, HEWT.

Turns out the weeks of analysis weren't in vain, yet!

Tho a friend of mine threw a team together in a few mins right before the deadline and got 90. Smug fücker :D

I had “quite a few” drafts saved as screenshots on my phone, had a look back over them tonight. I can see only one that did better than my 89, where I had Dunk instead of Rico.

After all the back and forth over the past month, glad I landed where I did (even with a few blanks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

51k OR, don't think I've had a better start than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Do people reckon the GW highest score being at 0 until GW is over is an attempt to stop people setting up random teams to have high score at end of a given GW

I think it was just a glitch.

Wouldn't mind this being a permanent feature, though.

Updates this week were slow or non existent everywhere, even the bench players were sitting at zero.

I guess they will be back up to speed next week unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    No.its not

What sort of side can you put around all 3 of them? 3 players taking up a third of the overall budget is quite damaging imo, especially as they won't score well every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

titan18 wrote: »
    What sort of side can you put around all 3 of them? 3 players taking up a third of the overall budget is quite damaging imo, especially as they won't score well every week.

You can definitely manage 3 of them.

I have all three, Robertson, TAA and Zinchenko.

Getting Auba in on top of that is indeed tricky.

Advertisement