Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

miller82 wrote: »
    anyone questioning having a pricey liverpool defender now that Allison is goosed.

Considering dumping and putting the money in to getting ederson instead of pickford

Considering Robertson to Wan Bissaka to facilitate Perez to Martial but will likely go and try get van Dijk in a couple of weeks to have double Liverpool defense again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

miller82 wrote: »
    anyone questioning having a pricey liverpool defender now that Allison is goosed.

Considering dumping and putting the money in to getting ederson instead of pickford

Questioning having 2 for sure. Robertson to MAguire gives me a nice warchest to upgrade Perez/Barkley

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Robertson will be a different player when Mane is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don’t panic yet on Barkley Perez . I will give them a few more games

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Yeah 6m mids/fwds aren't meant to score every week. I'm gonna give them a week or two (along with King), and see where they land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Contemplating swapping Vardy out but don't know for whom. Maybe Rashford? Too knee jerky?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Can anyone explain why you do not reap the benefit of the value increase on a player immediately? For example if I was to sell Martial today he would only go for 7.5 instead of his latest value of 7.6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why you do not reap the benefit of the value increase on a player immediately? For example if I was to sell Martial today he would only go for 7.5 instead of his latest value of 7.6

rules.html

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

KevIRL wrote: »
    rules.html

The price shown on your transfers page is a player's selling price. This selling price may be less than the player's current purchase price as a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest £0.1m) will be applied on any profits made on that player.

Yes - I read them. Still don't understand the logic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ShimSlady wrote: »
    The price shown on your transfers page is a player's selling price. This selling price may be less than the player's current purchase price as a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest £0.1m) will be applied on any profits made on that player.

Yes - I read them. Still don't understand the logic

Good explanation here

https://fantasyfootballfix.com/blog-index/fpl-buying-and-selling-guide/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just a tip on the whole leaving league by mistake thing

I just noticed today
    If you scroll down the “My Team” page and click into a league this way you are bright straight into standings with no second click or option to leave league
    Whereas
    If you go in through “leagues “ tab it will bring up the “standings “ and “leave league “ tabs each time you click into a league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Have both too - would like Barkley to play against Liverpool tonight and either score a couple of goals or else have a stinker/pick up an injury - that way can make a decision on him tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Poor Adrian getting buried. I don't think Liverpool are in the business of signing goalkeepers who are crap. Even back up ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

What are peoples thoughts on a trade between Son and Pepe in draft? I want Son I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dsmythy wrote: »
    Poor Adrian getting buried. I don't think Liverpool are in the business of signing goalkeepers who are crap. Even back up ones.

Karius says hello

What’s the story with Sanchez at United ?

I’m guessing, when fit and available, he’ll be a starter or just one injury to the first 11 from being a starter ?

eoghan104 wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on a trade between Son and Pepe in draft? I want Son I think.

You definitely want Son. He was a 2nd round pick in my draft this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I’m guessing, when fit and available, he’ll be a starter or just one injury to the first 11 from being a starter ?

He won't be a starter when fit. I'm not sure he is even 1 injury away from playing. Daniel James didn't start on Sunday and is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Mata is probably ahead of him too.

Mokuba wrote: »
    He won't be a starter when fit. I'm not sure he is even 1 injury away from playing. Daniel James didn't start on Sunday and is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Mata is probably ahead of him too.

I hate this kind of speculation.

We've no evidence to prove any of this.

If he stays which I would expect him to, I don't see him starting games tbh but in the match day squad.

Ole has said he will be played as a striker and expects some goals from him but this would mean starting ahead of Rashford which I just don't see.

From a FPL perspective, I'd steer well clear.

• Advertisement

If he stays which I would expect him to, I don't see him starting games tbh but in the match day squad.

Ole has said he will be played as a striker and expects some goals from him but this would mean starting ahead of Rashford which I just don't see.

From a FPL perspective, I'd steer well clear.

He’s on my bench in draft league. Just deciding what to do with him.

I thought he may be a hold as I can see him in that starting 11 ahead of Lingard.

If there’s an injury he could be gold.

It’s not like he’s a bad pro. Previously a phenomenal points scorer. Always gives what he can. May integrate better now the team seems more together. And sounds like Ole has spoken positively about him.

But I may be way off as I don’t follow the club so there may be a feeling he’s finished or on his way out and I wouldn’t be aware of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I hate this kind of speculation.

We've no evidence to prove any of this.

I'm a season ticket holder who has watched or been to every game for the last couple of years.

If someone gets injured they'll rotate around and he won't come in. If Martial gets injured they'll move Rashford up front and bring in Mata or James. If Rashford gets injured they'll bring in Mata or James. If Lingard gets injured they'll bring in Mata or they'll push Pogba forward and bring in Fred or Matic.

Sanchez is miles away from gametime. I wouldn't even expect to see him until the Europa League. Who does he make the bench ahead of? Mason Greenwood? No chance.

He requires injuries and numerous players underperforming, or himself playing out of his skin in the Europa League to play.

Mokuba wrote: »
    I'm a season ticket holder who has watched or been to every game for the last couple of years.

If someone gets injured they'll rotate around and he won't come in. If Martial gets injured they'll move Rashford up front and bring in Mata or James. If Rashford gets injured they'll bring in Mata or James. If Lingard gets injured they'll bring in Mata or they'll push Pogba forward and bring in Fred or Matic.

Sanchez is miles away from gametime. I wouldn't even expect to see him until the Europa League. Who does he make the bench ahead of? Mason Greenwood? No chance.

He requires injuries and numerous players underperforming, or himself playing out of his skin in the Europa League to play.

Still no evidence there to back anything up.

Speculation that's all. That's fine an all but you're saying these things as if they were fact.

He’s on my bench in draft league. Just deciding what to do with him.

I thought he may be a hold as I can see him in that starting 11 ahead of Lingard.

If there’s an injury he could be gold.

It’s not like he’s a bad pro. Previously a phenomenal points scorer. Always gives what he can. May integrate better now the team seems more together. And sounds like Ole has spoken positively about him.

But I may be way off as I don’t follow the club so there may be a feeling he’s finished or on his way out and I wouldn’t be aware of that.

There's rumours this morning that he could leave but I don't think he will and haven't seen anthing from a reputable source. Solskjaer seemed to like what he seen at Copa America before he got injured.

Massive salary obviously but I don't see him leaving. If he stays, he'll be gradually brought into the side as competition for Rashford, less so Martial.

He's already said he'll be brought into the team to score goals so I see him being there for 12 months at least. Not sure how much he is in FPL, but still do think there might be better options elsewhere at the moment, unless you've to sell, might be worth keeping him and seeing what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Karius says hello

A very good young keeper. Disgraceful the pillioring he got especially having played through a champions league final concussed. But anyway I stray from FPL. Adrian is an experienced premier league player with VVD in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Regarding Man Utd and Chelsea - Chelsea they hit the post twice. Inches away from two goals. Overall, I don't think Chelsea were terrible, nor United crazily impressive. Chelsea assets can still be become attainable soon, I'm sure. Jorginho seemed relatively high up the pitch, and was trying quite a few nice through balls. Hope he'll be even further up when Kante comes back in. For 5m, I'm still happy to keep him for now. I also won't be rushing in to get United players either. Happy to bank my transfer this week and assess both teams without kneejerking on either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There's rumours this morning that he could leave but I don't think he will and haven't seen anthing from a reputable source. Solskjaer seemed to like what he seen at Copa America before he got injured.

Massive salary obviously but I don't see him leaving. If he stays, he'll be gradually brought into the side as competition for Rashford, less so Martial.

He's already said he'll be brought into the team to score goals so I see him being there for 12 months at least. Not sure how much he is in FPL, but still do think there might be better options elsewhere at the moment, unless you've to sell, might be worth keeping him and seeing what happens

Sanchez is 7 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Origi punter here, not sure what I want to see tonight in terms of seeing him start at the weekend. A little Mane knock would be ideal I suppose.

Kept 1m aside to upgrade him but would prefer to see another GW and use 2FTs rather. Pukki is shiney but it feels very knee-jerk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Anyone consider mane a starter for sat ? He usually does well against Southampton, Liverpool doing well with firminho, Salah and mane up front in the super duper cup.... Would expect them to push on and get a second goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is it good no Barkley tonight ? as in more likely to play this weekend? Deffo glad to see Trent not playing

Advertisement