Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is it good no Barkley tonight ? as in more likely to play this weekend? Deffo glad to see Trent not playing

Trent just came on at the start of extra-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

They've tweaked the bug where you couldn't uncheck the 'close league to new entries' tab and open the league back up to new entries anyway.

Save a lot of bother going :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

dsmythy wrote: »
    A very good young keeper. Disgraceful the pillioring he got especially having played through a champions league final concussed. But anyway I stray from FPL. Adrian is an experienced premier league player with VVD in front of him.

concussed me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

really like Pulisic as an option. Price tag is shameful but assist and disallowed goal against a Liverpool defence on the face of it is promising against lesser opposition. Nice run of Chelsea fixtures as well. not a bad attacking threat but muck at the back. (as were Pool last night)

Press conference times:

Pellegrini - 12:30pm
    Smith - 1pm
    Dyche - 1:15pm
    Emery - 1:30pm
    Potter - 1:30pm
    Hasenhüttl - 2pm
    Gracia - 5pm
    Nuno - Post-match

• Advertisement

There's rumours this morning that he could leave but I don't think he will and haven't seen anthing from a reputable source. Solskjaer seemed to like what he seen at Copa America before he got injured.

Massive salary obviously but I don't see him leaving. If he stays, he'll be gradually brought into the side as competition for Rashford, less so Martial.

He's already said he'll be brought into the team to score goals so I see him being there for 12 months at least. Not sure how much he is in FPL, but still do think there might be better options elsewhere at the moment, unless you've to sell, might be worth keeping him and seeing what happens

My decision is to sell now or keep. I’d keep him if I thought he’d be in the mix at some stage.

I think he’s too good and player and too good a pro not to be involved.

There’s no doubting his quality.

One injury at United could kickstart his time there.

Think I’ll leave him on the bench for a month or two. He could easily be a huge part of that team at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

My decision is to sell now or keep. I’d keep him if I thought he’d be in the mix at some stage.

I think he’s too good and player and too good a pro not to be involved.

There’s no doubting his quality.

One injury at United could kickstart his time there.

Think I’ll leave him on the bench for a month or two. He could easily be a huge part of that team at some stage

Still being linked with a move away
    More stories last night
    United are desperate to get him off the wage bill

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    concussed me hole.

You’re looking for the soccer forum there pal.

km79 wrote: »
    Still being linked with a move away
    More stories last night
    United are desperate to get him off the wage bill

That’s the kind of thing I needed to hear.

Well if their not into keeping him I won’t bother either.

Means I can swap him out for Mount who I think has looked very very good in his last two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    really like Pulisic as an option. Price tag is shameful but assist and disallowed goal against a Liverpool defence on the face of it is promising against lesser opposition. Nice run of Chelsea fixtures as well. not a bad attacking threat but muck at the back. (as were Pool last night)

Yeah agree those Chelsea lads looked good last night and a great run post Leicester.

Any issue is which ones start......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Taxuser1 wrote: »

He's in 8.5% of teams already. I was impressed with him too - if he took the Hazard role and produced some of what Hazard provided last year then I think he's a bargain.

Remains to be seen how well he settles and how productive he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is it good no Barkley tonight ? as in more likely to play this weekend? Deffo glad to see Trent not playing
    If you own him: "Nice, he got a rest for Saturday"
    If you don't: "He's been dropped"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

is Pukki on pens? Any Norwich fans? I see Vrancic didn't play gw1 - didn't even come on as a sub - does that suggest Pukki will be on them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads on draft for this first set of waivers does it follow draft order or league standings does anyone know?

The help section says this:

The order will be based on the draft order before the first deadline, then once the season starts, the lowest placed in the league will get first pick. Please see the section in the rules around ‘Transactions’ for more information.

I assume this week is considered the first deadline as you could just free agent up till kick-off last week? So it would be based on draft order?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads on draft for this first set of waivers does it follow draft order or league standings does anyone know?

The help section says this:

The order will be based on the draft order before the first deadline, then once the season starts, the lowest placed in the league will get first pick. Please see the section in the rules around ‘Transactions’ for more information.

I assume this week is considered the first deadline as you could just free agent up till kick-off last week? So it would be based on draft order?

GW1 was the 1st deadline.

This is the 2nd deadline.
    Based on league order now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

F1ngers wrote: »
    GW1 was the 1st deadline.

This is the 2nd deadline.
    Based on league order now.

Was there an actual deadline though last week in draft? Thought it was just free agent after the draft so this would be the official first 'deadline'?

Edit: nevermind I see in the transactions section they have a list of deadlines and there was one for GW1 on the 9th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

That’s the kind of thing I needed to hear.

Well if their not into keeping him I won’t bother either.

Means I can swap him out for Mount who I think has looked very very good in his last two games.

Well this is awkward
    http://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1162288250993729536

Ogs talking him up this morning. But sure what else would he do if nobody will take him from united
    Mount is a better option
    Looked really good when he came on weds night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bench which of VVD or Robbo so I can start Lundstram?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Being reported that Liverpool keeper Adrian got injured by a fan celebrating the Supercup win and may have to play third choice keeper v Southampton. For any Pool defence owners.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Being reported that Liverpool keeper Adrian got injured by a fan celebrating the Supercup win and may have to play third choice keeper v Southampton. For any Pool defence owners.

Which is basically everyone. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Basically everyone..... ahem :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

VW 1 wrote: »
    Also harsh on the 150000 odd people who transferred him in.

Basically everyone..... ahem :pac:

There's always one. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

KevIRL wrote: »
    Bench which of VVD or Robbo so I can start Lundstram?

Neither.

No chance I'd start Lundstram over VVD or Robertson.

Even attacking wise they're way more potential than a DM playing for a newly promoted team v Palace.

And still more CS potential even without Alisson IMO.

I have both and starting Lundstrum over Cathcart but never even considered benching either of the Liverpool lads.

Neither.

No chance I'd start Lundstram over VVD or Robertson.

Even attacking wise they're way more potential than a DM playing for a newly promoted team v Palace.

And still more CS potential even without Alisson IMO.

I have both and starting Lundstrum over Cathcart but never even considered benching either of the Liverpool lads.

It's the Adrian injury moreso than the Allison one that has me wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

84.2% have at least 1 Liverpool defender .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I will not bench Robertson. Not a chance.

Kelleher and Lonergan added at 4.5 mil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

4.5. Well done fpl :)

Surprised they didn't put 5.0 on them just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I have VVD and Robertson, Sterling, Salah,Martial and Kane. Or.....I mean I did have Kane but I just bit the bullet and transferred him out for Auba this week. Have .5 ITB so I'll get Kane back in next week. Was deliberating all week about it but now that I've done it it feels like a no brainer. Yes?

Advertisement