Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Got it, thanks

Be worth double checking the order before the deadline. Especially if changing on mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Origi Punt GW1 - check
    Pukki Punt GW2 - check

GW3 punt available for a tenner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Have they done away with where you can see how many transfers a rival has done before the Gameweek closes? I can't see there team value either

Am I right we also can no longer see what transfers they've made? View Transfer History doesn't seem available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Am I right we also can no longer see what transfers they've made? View Transfer History doesn't seem available.

Yeah can't see it either. Annoying when I see they've made a transfer and I have to go back and forward to see who it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Is anyone else having issues with the PL iPhone app not updating as quick as it was? For example at the moment my Man City and Spurs players points aren’t displaying on my points screen. Bit disappointing because most of the fun is being able to go onto the app and see your players’ points updating in real time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

PARlance wrote: »
    Origi Punt GW1 - check
    Pukki Punt GW2 - check

GW3 punt available for a tenner :)

That Villa defence looks shaky.
    DCL? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Is anyone else having issues with the PL iPhone app not updating as quick as it was? For example at the moment my Man City and Spurs players points aren’t displaying on my points screen. Bit disappointing because most of the fun is being able to go onto the app and see your players’ points updating in real time.

This site shows each players points in real time:
    https://www.anewpla.net/fpl/live/16/

Think there was another one in the useful links thread that you can enter your team id and it will update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Have they done away with where you can see how many transfers a rival has done before the Gameweek closes? I can't see there team value either
    jay0109 wrote: »
    Yeah. Bad move by FPL IMO. Suits the casuals but impacts the serious players in terms of strategy etc
    dsmythy wrote: »
    Yeah can't see it either. Annoying when I see they've made a transfer and I have to go back and forward to see who it was.

I've found a work around for this:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/TEAMID/transfers

Enter the Team ID of fpl manager that you want to see the transfer history of in the url.

It's a pain not being able to see how many transfers a rival has made until after the deadline though. Anyone know a way to find this out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Bench which of VVD or Robbo so I can start Lundstram?

Couldn't pull the trigger on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Bench which of VVD or Robbo so I can start Lundstram?

Couldn't pull the trigger on this

Similar story myself. Could very much do with Zouma not starting today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Didn't get to watch the match yesterday. Whats the consensus on Tielemans?
    I have 0.5 in the bank so I'm considering an upgrade to Maddison, who by all accounts had a very good game.

I think I made a mistake starting with Bilva, he was so useful last year because KDB was injured. Think KDB returning will have a big impact on his minutes and returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Didn't get to watch the match yesterday. Whats the consensus on Tielemans?
    I have 0.5 in the bank so I'm considering an upgrade to Maddison, who by all accounts had a very good game.

I think I made a mistake starting with Bilva, he was so useful last year because KDB was injured. Think KDB returning will have a big impact on his minutes and returns.

Maddison was the best player on the pitch. Perez and Tielemans were poor. They actually spent their time wrecking a lot of the good work Maddison was doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

People who watched the match tonite - what’s ur thoughts on Jota and Martial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Martial scored one good goal. Should have scored a 2nd. Is playing as the CF mostly.

Jota....didn't really know he was playing tbh. And I'm a Jota owner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I dunno what to do about Martial after he scored in first week I was keeping eye on him cause price. Now even more so as a replacement for Fraiser.

Is pukki an absolute must? At this stage I don't wanna lose anymore value on him and I'm strongly thinking of Fraiser and Jota to Martial and Pukki.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I dunno what to do about Martial after he scored in first week I was keeping eye on him cause price. Now even more so as a replacement for Fraiser.

Is pukki an absolute must? At this stage I don't wanna lose anymore value on him and I'm strongly thinking of Fraiser and Jota to Martial and Pukki.

That seems like a solid enough transfer to me, albeit I haven't looked at any of those four teams' next fixtures.

Green&Red wrote: »
    People who watched the match tonite - what’s ur thoughts on Jota and Martial?

For a 7.5m midfielder, Martial is a must imo. PPG ratio was nearly 7 last year... albeit he only played half the season.

I'm weary of Wolves this year, EL will be a draining factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wilberto wrote: »
    That seems like a solid enough transfer to me, albeit I haven't looked at any of those four teams' next fixtures.

Gone with it anyway before they go up any further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Was James any good tonight? At 6m he could be bargain

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Was James any good tonight? At 6m he could be bargain

Not really, playing wide right and having to whip in balls with his weaker foot quiet often. It'll take time before he's a regular starter imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Bit of a strange one. I banked my transfer from gameweek 2 and just made 3 transfers on the app now. I kind of skipped through when I was confirming and thought I seen it say -8 even though I had two free. Anyway I can confirm it was -4? Transfer history showing as the 3 transfers I made for game week 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

stuba wrote: »
    Bit of a strange one. I banked my transfer from gameweek 2 and just made 3 transfers on the app now. I kind of skipped through when I was confirming and thought I seen it say -8 even though I had two free. Anyway I can confirm it was -4? Transfer history showing as the 3 transfers I made for game week 3.

Is this a typo?
    Do you mean you banked your GW1 transfer?

If you banked your GW1 transfer, then 3 transfers would cost you a -4.

However, if you used your GW1 transfer, then 3 transfers would cost you a -8.

Info is on your transfer page.

Put up your team ID and I'll take a look if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

F1ngers wrote: »
    Is this a typo?
    Do you mean you banked your GW1 transfer?

If you banked your GW1 transfer, then 3 transfers would cost you a -4.

However, if you used your GW1 transfer, then 3 transfers would cost you a -8.

Info is on your transfer page.

Put up your team ID and I'll take a look if you want.
    Technically you don't have a GW1 transfer. First transfer happens after GW1 has started. At least that's how I refer to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Lads I am in a spot of bother..I set up a private league in work with 16 in it.. when I checked it this morning only 15.. I know the lad who is not in now and would not delete it on purpose..is there any way of getting him back in and even keeping his week one score as he definitely was still in up to the weekend.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Technically you don't have a GW1 transfer. First transfer happens after GW1 has started. At least that's how I refer to it.

That's how it should be referred to but no one ever does one of my pet hates! I rolled my transfer over and didn't have any problems with it. Seems unlikely that there would bugs unique to a user but you never know.

j timber wrote: »
    Lads I am in a spot of bother..I set up a private league in work with 16 in it.. when I checked it this morning only 15.. I know the lad who is not in now and would not delete it on purpose..is there any way of getting him back in and even keeping his week one score as he definitely was still in up to the weekend.
    Thanks

There's a big chance that he left the league unintentionally, it's stupidly easy to leave a league when on a phone.

He'll have to rejoin the league. You can't add him. His total score will be ok afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

PARlance wrote: »
    There's a big chance that he left the league unintentionally, it's stupidly easy to leave a league when on a phone.

He'll have to rejoin the league. You can't add him.

Seems to be much more a problem this year. Dont recall so many posts about people doing this in the past.

I'd imagine that is what happened and I doubt he has even noticed yet but I would like to get it sorted if possible..any ideas how to?

j timber wrote: »
    I'd imagine that is what happened and I doubt he has even noticed yet but I would like to get it sorted if possible..any ideas how to?

He'll have to rejoin. You can't add people.

• Advertisement

So he will be starting from scratch again.. probably be handier to give him back his money at this stage.... thanks

Advertisement