Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

But you still can't see this current week's number of transfer, which was main advantage.

Letting me see what the opponent did after the deadline has no benefit at all, I can just have a look at his team and its all there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

jay0109 wrote: »
    Not following you!

I can see my opponents transfer history and their team value. Last week I couldn't

You are correct in what you say. However they have made a change this year in that before you could see if a player had made a transfer during the week (You couldn't see who they bought but it would say how many transfers had been made). Now you have to wait until the games updates before you know if they made a transfer this gameweek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

jay0109 wrote: »
    Not following you!

I can see my opponents transfer history and their team value. Last week I couldn't

Can't see what opponent's current number of transfers for this gameweek either, only what they have done in past gameweeks. Hope they change it back to what it was previously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Digne passed fit for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anyone else not seeing triple captain or bench boost option. Says they are unavailable in the app and can't find them on website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Anyone else not seeing triple captain or bench boost option. Says they are unavailable in the app and can't find them on website

I can see them on the web app anyway (android).
    You could try the "request desktop version" of the page if you are using an android phone, the buttons should be right under your team then.

From looking at Twitter it seems there's also some sort of bug with the apps where it sometimes doesn't show you taking a -4 when you are taking a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I can see them on the web app anyway (android).
    You could try the "request desktop version" of the page if you are using an android phone, the buttons should be right under your team then.

From looking at Twitter it seems there's also some sort of bug with the apps where it sometimes doesn't show you taking a -4 when you are taking a hit

No sign of the boosts on the website, i have played my wildcard so maybe that is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    No sign of the boosts on the website, i have played my wildcard so maybe that is it?

Yip, only one chip per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

this is all a bit late to the party but having lundstrom and martial in your team, gives you very easy access to formation changes. (being two OOP players)

I guess there is still some doubt over Lundstrum starting long term but his, preseason, his underlying stats and performance last week are quite posisitve

Why is there doubts over Lundstram starting long term?

On the eye test he was one of Sheff U main threats plus he can also cover a lot of positions.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Why is there doubts over Lundstram starting long term?

On the eye test he was one of Sheff U main threats plus he can also cover a lot of positions.

Sorry I didn't explain that very well.

I dont think he is a doubt but again I've no real idea.

Sheff Utd fans didn't think he'd be a starter this season and online noise said besic would be in competition with him

I just wanted to keep some neutrality on my post

I've both and unless there is some massive drop off in his minutes, I'll be keeping him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just an fyi lads, matchday threads get started on matchdays - not the day before.

Sorry if that seems pedantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just an fyi lads, matchday threads get started on matchdays - not the day before.

Sorry if that seems pedantic.

Extremely pedantic - it went up less than 30 mins before match day and a lot of people will be caught unaware by the fact it’s a FNF game week, head out after work on the Friday and think they can finalize their team up to 11.30pm Saturday

Imo exceptions should be made for a Friday Night GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Press conference times:

Bruce - 8:45am
    Howe - 9am
    Solskjaer - 9:30am
    Pochettino - 12:30pm
    Nuno - 1pm
    Dyche - 1:15pm
    Lampard - 1:15pm
    Klopp - 1:30pm
    Guardiola - 1:30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

How many more games do we reckon we'll get out of Zinchenko before Mendy is back, or before they start trying Cancelo at LB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Extremely pedantic - it went up less than 30 mins before match day and a lot of people will be caught unaware by the fact it’s a FNF game week, head out after work on the Friday and think they can finalize their team up to 11.30pm Saturday

Imo exceptions should be made for a Friday Night GW
    I think 19 hours notice is more than adequate

I see this weeks one was started around 4am. So that’s 15 hours before the gameweek deadline

So it is there the whole day Friday .........as well as Official FPL Twitter accounts and a lot of others tweeting about it all day I’d say people are fairly well informed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Did that post not initially go up at 11.45 last night? I definitely saw it before going to bed as I remember thinking that we didn’t even make it to the actual day of the first game, which must be a new record (low).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

We all know what it's all about, don't we ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Why give any notice of an upcoming game week deadline?

Isn’t that half the fun - with all of us competing against one another in some league, there’s the hope that a rival will forget to change a captain or make a transfer!

Could it be a rule that no match day threads are opened until after the Gameweek deadline?

Benimar wrote: »
    Did that post not initially go up at 11.45 last night? I definitely saw it before going to bed as I remember thinking that we didn’t even make it to the actual day of the first game, which must be a new record (low).

Yes and that what he is arguing against
    That it should have been left up
    The day before!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Isn’t that half the fun - with all of us competing against one another in some league, there’s the hope that a rival will forget to change a captain or make a transfer!

Could it be a rule that no match day threads are opened until after the Gameweek deadline?

It’s the unwritten rule that has always been broken.

A lot of us long for that day! :pac:

• Advertisement

It’s the unwritten rule that has always been broken.

A lot of us long for that day! :pac:

That is really only a bit of craic though I don't think any of us really mind
    Arguing to open the matchDAY thread the day before (Don't care if it is 15minutes ir 15 hours before ) is ludicrous

The matchday thread is for posting teams, late team news, late selection decisions and then updates.
    Anything before that has a dedicated transfer/captaincy thread.
    There is no need for another at that stage

You can certainly propose it in the feedback thread that will soon be open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

This.

There is currently a GW3 transfer thread, a GW3 captaincy thread, a WC thread and a General Chat thread to discuss selection issues for this week.

The match day thread should only open after deadline, there is actually no (legitimate) need for it beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Benimar wrote: »
    This.

There is currently a GW3 transfer thread, a WC thread and a General Chat thread to discuss selection issues for this week.

The match day thread should only open after deadline, there is actually no (legitimate) need for it beforehand.

+1

There's too many threads in this forum imo.

A weekly super thread to include transfer talk, general fpl chat ,price changes etc should be created each week with a match thread created after the deadline.

There is too much stuff repeated throughout the different threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Start Robinson or Dendocker this wkd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Start Robinson or Dendocker this wkd?

That's for the Game Week 3 Match Day Thread :P

I'd prob go Robinson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This is the maddest conversation I've ever seen in FSA!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

As a developer I'm going to add to this debate - what about timezones!!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Paully D wrote: »
    Also, this year teams will be getting a one week break in February, but it will be staggered. So 10 teams will play one week, and 10 the next.

Nightmare stuff from an FPL point-of-view!

They should really consolidate that into one Gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Chesty08 wrote: »
    This is the maddest conversation I've ever seen in FSA!

Ian Halloway has also chimed in on this debate:

"I hope we get out, Brexit Early Matchday Threads, because that's what we all voted for. Sort it out because you cannot have someone telling us how to do our own game"

Advertisement