Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

jamesbere wrote: »
    It's too good to be true, in form city against a weakened Norwich defence which was bad to start with anyway.

Watch as Norwich put in the game of their lives and draw 0-0

It is isn't it? Pep would surely be tempted to rotate though he might need to next week. This is either 7-0 or 2-1 to City after Norwich have the audacity to take the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Norwich normally play very attacking but do you think they'll try to park the bus given the injury situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Norwich normally play very attacking but do you think they'll try to park the bus given the injury situation?

They play attacking football as their best players are all attackers. Now that is even more the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Green&Red wrote: »
    Would anyone consider a man city treble up of Sterling, KDB and Aguero?

I'm giving it serious consideration, I have Kane currently, so am torn between switching him to Auba or Aguero

Have all 3 myself - given the form all 3 are in I think it’s a no brained especially if you were on WC, City have the potential to score bucket loads of goals each game

km79 wrote: »
    They play attacking football as their best players are all attackers. Now that is even more the case

And from the man himself !

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1172526520658812928

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Green&Red wrote: »
    Would anyone consider a man city treble up of Sterling, KDB and Aguero?

I'm giving it serious consideration, I have Kane currently, so am torn between switching him to Auba or Aguero

I did it in my GW3 WC. It's very enjoyable having all 3... once you see them in the starting line-up.

Not sure if it'll be a long-term thing but I'll be keeping them all until another striker puts a good case to replace Aguero/until I can make my mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »

"Rumours circulate tonight that Norwich have made a foray into the Free Agent market to help shore up their defence. Of course there is only one man up to the task since his release by Southend United at the end of last season. Leader of men. Legend of the (FSA) boards. A steady hand at the back. An indomitable presence in the oppositions box.

And it's only bloody Michael "Mickey T" Turner"!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4TYlhJfo7aEryF7-WqZK8S9i0asBLVB9cJ66G2HeaG7Dcbko4

Mr.Prodston, Chief Mickey Turner Correspondent, Fantasy Sports Arena, Boards.ie*

* hZhI6Py.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

4-4 Sterling and Pukki x4 each. KDB with all 8 assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is sterling worth the money over De bruyne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

FHFC wrote: »

That's a question you have to decide for yourself.... Sterling appears to be a more explosive player to me and can score or create opportunities for someone else to score, if KDB can remain fit he will contribute to a lot of goals and assists too, I think he is more creative than sterling but sometimes the creative player passes the ball and creates an opportunity... Doesn't always result in fantasy points.

If you had to choose between those two I would say sterling but if you could use the money elsewhere to upgrade other attackers or defenders then kdb is a good choice, I have them both in my team , I was torn between adding mane or kdb, I picked kdb and will be sticking with a 3-5-2 formation until teams get consistent with clean sheets.

My midfield is Salah, sterling, kdb, mount and cantwell (just brought cantwell in because Norwich have a decent run of fixtures)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

FHFC wrote: »

That's a question you have to decide for yourself.... Sterling appears to be a more explosive player to me and can score or create opportunities for someone else to score, if KDB can remain fit he will contribute to a lot of goals and assists too, I think he is more creative than sterling but sometimes the creative player passes the ball and creates an opportunity... Doesn't always result in fantasy points.

If you had to choose between those two I would say sterling but if you could use the money elsewhere to upgrade other attackers or defenders then kdb is a good choice, I have them both in my team , I was torn between adding mane or kdb, I picked kdb and will be sticking with a 3-5-2 formation until teams get consistent with clean sheets.

My midfield is Salah, sterling, kdb, mount and cantwell (just brought cantwell in because Norwich have a decent run of fixtures)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Am I the only one who doesn't love Mount?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

naughtb4 wrote: »

Not for me either. I think his goals will dry up long before his teammate Abraham. I mean obviously they will, CF against a CM, but I think Mounts will eventually fall way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

McBain11 wrote: »
    Not for me either. I think his goals will dry up long before his teammate Abraham. I mean obviously they will, CF against a CM, but I think Mounts will eventually fall way off.

I’d say a lot of people that own him haven’t seen him play before this season.

The fact is that he’s on fire and his price is low, so getting him really is a no-brainer.

Maybe with Champions League his minutes will go down now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

McBain11 wrote: »
    naughtb4 wrote: »

Yeah pretty much how I am looking at it as well. On a wildcard and Abraham looks a much better long term option to me.

Tasty run of games all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Did anyone else spot the new fantasy points feature on fotmob? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

callaway92 wrote: »
    I’d say a lot of people that own him haven’t seen him play before this season.

The fact is that he’s on fire and his price is low, so getting him really is a no-brainer.

Maybe with Champions League his minutes will go down now.

I would definitely expect his minutes to go down with CL games. Also iys hard to know yet exactly what system Lampard will regularly start with. As things are, Mount seems to have huge license to be right up off the striker at times. That may well continue, or Mount may be asked to do a bit more in terms of midfield shape and defensive work, as Chelsea are leaking goals galore. The shape of the team tactically is definitely a big part in that.

I'm just not convinced he'll get this role with so much freedom all season. I agree that it's almost a no lose with the price though. Maybe it's just my stubbornness stopping me getting on the bandwagon now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dearg81 wrote: »

Whereabouts is it? I see they've also added a link to youtube highlights within the match section. It's hands down my favourite app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Does anyone have a good tactic re: using their bench boost.

My bench is strong and I left 12 points on it last week.

Do people think they are best used in a DGW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dearg81 wrote: »

Yeah that was there last year - very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Does anyone have a good tactic re: using their bench boost.

My bench is strong and I left 12 points on it last week.

Do people think they are best used in a DGW?

Some curse having it sometimes as it makes them do funny things with their teams. A double isn't absolutely necessary to play the chip in. It's only the bench you're playing that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Im in a money league with 15 other lads. My brother is leading the pack (first time Fantasy player) is currently sitting inside the 1k overall rank in the world. He has never played the game before, has 3 aston villa players in his first 11 since opening week because hes a villa fan. He also has used no chips so his overall rank of 1k is incredible going.

Meanwhile Im currently sitting almost 70 points behind him after only 5 weeks. I am playing fantasy for years, spend literally hours planning transfers, study form, study fixtures and still miles behind the leader.

This game honestly is a mental challenge at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah that was there last year - very handy

Wow I really wasn't paying attention.

My GW 1 team:

Pope
    VVD Digne Robbo Rico (Diop)
    Salah (c) Sterling Barkley Perez (Dedonker)
    Kane King (Greenwood)

Total if I hadn't touched my team since then - 290 points (790k)
    Actual team after transfers - 271 points (1.9m)
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

My GW 1 team:

Pope
    Kane King (Greenwood)

GW1 team:

Pope

VVD Digne Robbo Cathcart (Lundstrum)

Salah Perez Sterling Barkley (Dendonkcer)

Kane King (Greenwood)

GW5 team (after WC)

Pope

Robertson Digne Walker Lundstrum (Kelly)

Robinson Salah Sterling McGinn (Cantwell)

Aguero Abraham (Greenwood)

Total if I hadn't touched my team since then - 280 points
    Actual team after transfers & WC - 274 points

This was not fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

My GW 1 team:

Pope
    Kane King (Greenwood)

Where can I find this out? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm 50+ points worse off than my GW1 team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

My GW 1 team:

Pope
    Kane King (Greenwood)

Nice idea.
    May be worth a separate thread?

Mine is:

Heaton
    AWB, VVD, Dunk,
    Martial, Salah (C), Sterling, Barkley
    King, Kane, Wood

McGovern, Dendoncker, Lundstram, Balbuena

Total if I hadn't touched my team since then - 330 points
    Actual team after transfers - 294 points

Main downfall was not sticking with Salah for captaincy

I don’t want to know

Where can I find this out? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm 50+ points worse off than my GW1 team.

I did it on a spredsheet, got the totals for each player, then put in a sub wherever a player didn't play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

My GW 1 team:

Pope
    Kane King (Greenwood)

Have been resisting doing a similar exercise but pretty sure it's be the same result.

Advertisement