Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I agree about the whole FPL Twitter community thing. But that could happen to anyone for any reason so it’s worth having a review of your security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thanks God. Here at work looking at it all day then got stuck on a call and its 19:10. Oh well hopefully Otmendi has a stinker!!

Ummm.... maybe don't look at this week's scores and just get started on next week's team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had a look at the guy with the top score this week - impressive 131 points.

Then spotted he's got an OR of 5m.

His transfer history is ridiculos.

GW3, he got Firmini in for Kane for a hit, then 20 mns later reversed it for a further hit.
    GW5 he managed to do Ceballos - Tielemans for a hit, then 1 minute later removed Tilemens for a further hit.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/5861842/transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A post on FFS saying that Andy (letstalkfpl and formerly of scoutcast) and Neale (scoutcast and team news vids) fpl accounts are showing as deleted (possibly hacked)

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/58/history Andy

[url]Https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/143/history[/url] neale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Had a look at the guy with the top score this week - impressive 131 points.

Then spotted he's got an OR of 5m.

His transfer history is ridiculos.

GW3, he got Firmini in for Kane for a hit, then 20 mns later reversed it for a further hit.
    GW5 he managed to do Ceballos - Tielemans for a hit, then 1 minute later removed Tilemens for a further hit.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/5861842/transfers

At least they have a transfer history most of the top score teams don't!

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    A post on FFS saying that Andy (letstalkfpl and formerly of scoutcast) and Neale (scoutcast and team news vids) fpl accounts are showing as deleted (possibly hacked)

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/58/history Andy

[url]Https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/143/history[/url] neale

Wonder if its connected how bizarre. Fingers crossed this isnt something that's going to be widespread.

Edit: apparently 13 teams in the elite 64 league have gone. I wonder if security of one of the apps has been compromised? If I was doing alright I would definitely be changing my password right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jimmii wrote: »
    Wonder if its connected how bizarre. Fingers crossed this isnt something that's going to be widespread.

Edit: apparently 13 teams in the elite 64 league have gone. I wonder if security of one of the apps has been compromised? If I was doing alright I would definitely be changing my password right now!

13 gone from elite 64 qualifier league too.

KevIRL wrote: »
    13 gone from elite 64 qualifier league too.

Hard to imagine fpl itself being compromised surely if passwords have been compromised then it's related to an app. Now it's this many accounts it will start being looked into more.

Edit: speculation on source has started. Wouldn't be surprised if that was it I've always resisted using it when it asked for a password just to be able to do the basics.

Be interesting to see if the ffs guys get the same treatment as fpl chief. Surely if this happens to Mark's team then the email issue would disappear!

Hard to imagine fpl itself being compromised surely if passwords have been compromised then it's related to an app. Now it's this many accounts it will start being looked into more.

Edit: speculation on source has started. Wouldn't be surprised if that was it I've always resisted using it when it asked for a password just to be able to do the basics.

What’s the speculation ?

And where are you reading the speculation ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Andy just confirmed his team has been deleted. This is a serious issue now affecting high profile players so will be interesting to see how they handle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

I’d say it’s WADA related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What apps are ye using? Most seem to just take your Team ID don't they?

FantasyFootballFix is the only one I use that takes my FPL password.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What apps are ye using? Most seem to just take your Team ID don't they?

FantasyFootballFix is the only one I use that takes my FPL password.

I use it too, might be best to uninstall for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Which is ???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I use it too, might be best to uninstall for now.

If you've given it your password it would be no ham to also change your password if you stop using it.

If you reuse that password anywhere (like email) then I'd change that too to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I don't think 13 accounts have been deleted, I think the league just doesn't let you load page 2 when 1 team has been removed.

Anyway I changed my PW just to be safe as I'm in one of those leagues. I'd advice anyone to stop using 3rd party apps that require the password until they figure it out.

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1175688961894883328?s=19

This is what they choose to post first today...

Bunch of amateurs

I changed my email and password and deleted FFFix

If it’s high profile teams being targeted I couldn’t take any chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

km79 wrote: »
    I changed my email and password and deleted FFFix

If it’s high profile teams being targeted I couldn’t take any chances

I'm safe so :(

• Advertisement

From FFFix twitter feed

At fix, the only information we store on our users is your email address used to login.

We do not store password information. You can choose to store your password locally on your device using cookies, however, this is not stored on our servers. (1/3)
    We are aware of certain users who have had a breech on their account, however we would like to point out some of these users do not use our product. (2/3)
    If you still have concerns, we have added a login by FPL ID button on our homepage https://t.co/2zQPIjOXQd

At least they are being proactive

FPL twitter responded after being tagged in response to these tweets

@FPL_Audit @FantasyFootyFix We're speaking directly to the affected users and will have more information once the initial investigations are complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

I'm not sure what FPL are doing with their session tokens because I've changed my password on my laptop but can still change my team while logged in on the browser on my phone. That's not good.

Markx wrote: »
    I'm not sure what FPL are doing with their session tokens because I've changed my password on my laptop but can still change my team while logged in on the browser on my phone. That's not good.

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

The way my season has gone so far I'd be almost delighted if someone deleted my account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

COH wrote: »
    The way my season has gone so far I'd be almost delighted if someone deleted my account

I'm at the stage where I'm thinking about deleting it and blaming it on the hackers.

I'm at the stage where I'm thinking about deleting it and blaming it on the hackers.

And this is the problem they have now .......

If it is a 3rd party problem which seem likely then it’s going to be tough titty .......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Seen a thread from this morning where the guy who was hacked last week has mentioned that he has taken over a team provided by him by another member of the @FPL community.

The team sits in 20k OR

How many teams have these lads got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Probably dozens each :)

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Seen a thread from this morning where the guy who was hacked last week has mentioned that he has taken over a team provided by him by another member of the @FPL community.

The team sits in 20k OR

How many teams have these lads got?

It's his son's team apparently. A seven year old is doing better than most of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

It's his son's team apparently. A seven year old is doing better than most of us.

“Apparently” being the key word

Advertisement