Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What’s the speculation ?

And where are you reading the speculation ?

Didnt want to post who it was given there was no proof but someone has already mentioned it was fix now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You would think there has surely been a number of hacking cases by rivals in money leagues. They almost certainly have a process for these kinds of incidents and the issue now is do they feel they have to treat it differently now that it has happened to numerous people at once some of whom with a lot of Twitter followers.

Would not like to be the person who has to make that call in FPL headquarters because they’re gonna take criticism whatever they do.

CSF wrote: »
    You would think there has surely been a number of hacking cases by rivals in money leagues. They almost certainly have a process for these kinds of incidents and the issue now is do they feel they have to treat it differently now that it has happened to numerous people at once some of whom with a lot of Twitter followers.

Would not like to be the person who has to make that call in FPL headquarters because they’re gonna take criticism whatever they do.

Yeah when it was just one random on Twitter it was one thing but now it's a few people it's more of a problem. If the emails have been changed again will be interesting to see if they stick to the same decision. Now fpl are involved I'm sure we'll find what has happened soon. Fix seem to think it's not them we'll have go wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Just to be clear? What site do they think was hacked?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Just to be clear? What site do they think was hacked?

No ones knows yet. Its assumed it's one of the many 3rd party apps that you have to put your password in to but for now no one knows for sure. Safest thing to do is change your password and not update it on anything but the official site/app until it's been looked into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah when it was just one random on Twitter it was one thing but now it's a few people it's more of a problem. If the emails have been changed again will be interesting to see if they stick to the same decision. Now fpl are involved I'm sure we'll find what has happened soon. Fix seem to think it's not them we'll have go wait and see.

I’m more referring to people that have been hacked in the past. It’s surely happened. You will have those people going nuts if all of a sudden they find a solution.

But let’s be honest if it was us in the position, we would all want them to find a solution, hypocrisy or not.

CSF wrote: »
    I’m more referring to people that have been hacked in the past. It’s surely happened. You will have those people going nuts if all of a sudden they find a solution.

But let’s be honest if it was us in the position, we would all want them to find a solution, hypocrisy or not.

Yeah good point. There must be occasions when things have happened before. I would imagine it's mostly hilarious mates finding you're still logged in somewhere and sabotaging your side but presumably others have had issues similar to this in the past. If it is clearly a 3rd party issue and fpl do fix it I wonder if the time they need to put in gets invoiced to the 3rd party! Would seem only fair! Maybe they'll add a Google authenticator option or something so it can be made more secure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Do yis think Kelly gets his place back at Palace lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

FHFC wrote: »

He's back up once everyone is fit. Centre back and full back backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dsmythy wrote: »
    FHFC wrote: »

He's back up once everyone is fit. Centre back and full back backup.

He's 4th choice CB at best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looks like there are 3 teams gone from the Elite 64 league. Andy from lets talk FPL is one also looks like that Sid lad who is a bit of a mouth on Twitter might be gone too.

Looks like there are 3 teams gone from the Elite 64 league. Andy from lets talk FPL is one also looks like that Sid lad who is a bit of a mouth on Twitter might be gone too.

Is that 3 more or only 3 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

jimmii wrote: »
    Is that 3 more or only 3 now?

Only 3 now.

Magnus Carlsen is in the top 400 again to start the season. He did the same before then dropped back a bit. Clearly just a luck box :pac:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1908330/history

Only 3 now.

That's good. Presumably we'll find out more today about what happened. Good thing it happened at this time of the week would have been a right mess if it was just before game day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/1175705397828759552

Fix posted that they don't store passwords on their side
    They also posted something about a different way to login, I don't use the app / site so I'm not sure why it's better / more secure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Just thinking how much Pep is a nightmare for the fantasy football as in trying to predict who he starts. On the other hand Klopp is a dream. His lineups are fairly predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is it not a bit harsh that amn ended up on -3 yesterday? -2 for a red and -1 for 2 goals conceded even though he was sent off when it was only 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is it not a bit harsh that amn ended up on -3 yesterday? -2 for a red and -1 for 2 goals conceded even though he was sent off when it was only 1

Yep it’s harsh . He gets punished for other goal even tho not on pitch! If a defender comes off after 60 mins with clean sheet but then his team concede he keeps clean sheet .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

No it's not harsh. He was sent off so goals conceeded continue to go against him as a defender. The rule makes perfect sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Yep it’s harsh . He gets punished for other goal even tho not on pitch! If a defender comes off after 60 mins with clean sheet but then his team concede he keeps clean sheet .
    Yea but him getting sent off increases the chances of the team conceding which is not really fair on others, whereas someone going off post 60 with a CS is replaced, so shouldn't impact if they concede as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Strange one I didn't know about so a team had Sterling Captain and PEA VC.

None of the subs got any minutes so none of them subbed in for Sterling.

Captaincy stayed on Sterling and never switched to PEA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

kilburn wrote: »

That's a new one to me. Can you share the team link or ID?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I remember Southampton had made their 3 subs a few years ago at Old Trafford, Alderweirled got injured at 0-0 in 85th minute and had to go off.

As nobody went on to replace him, he still got docked points when Southampton conceded late. Was ragin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

That sounds like a bug.

Rules from: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

"Selecting a Captain and a Vice-Captain
    From your starting 11 you nominate a captain and a vice-captain. Your captain's score will be doubled.

If your captain plays 0 minutes in the Gameweek, the captain will be changed to the vice-captain.

If both captain and vice-captain play 0 minutes in a Gameweek, then no player's score will be doubled."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Having my worst season ever. Outside the top 4m. Is it worth subscribing to fpl scout or just write off the season? In a few money leagues but I'm already about 100 points down on the top 50k

The Captaincy doesn't switch, just the VC points should get doubled.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Having my worst season ever. Outside the top 4m. Is it worth subscribing to fpl scout or just write off the season? In a few money leagues but I'm already about 100 points down on the top 50k

100 points down 33 games to go - that's on average 3 points to make up a week, all you need is two greats weeks on the bonce and you'll shoot right up.
    That's basically a triple captain when Salah/Aguero hit a hattrick for instance. - easy say than done but not impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

If he hasn’t got sent off then they might not have conceded as many !
    So he costs other defenders points in the process .....

• Advertisement

Haven't looked into the stats of the type of goals being scored, but do you think that there are a lot less clean sheets this season to date, because of VAR, gone is the time of dragging out of players at corners/free kicks etc, because defenders know that VAR will be there to check on incidents?

Yes VAR may not be overruling to many non penalties awards, but surely it is having some bearing on mindsets?

Is it a case that defenders are simple not good at defending, but this has been masked over the years, as you could drag/hold onto players and get away with it as there was so much going on the ref just applied the 6/1 half a dozen to the other approach and gave nothing?

Advertisement