Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Did they give the first lad back his team too?

Yeah, they told him that they couldn’t do anything for him when he raised it himself, then things changed when the other 2 lads raised it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, they told him that they couldn’t do anything for him when he raised it himself, then things changed when the other 2 lads raised it aswell.

I'm very surprised plenty of people seem to be ok with this situation. Serious dent in the credibility and trust in those who are running the game.

Turns out FPL didn’t do as much as was thought. They’ve restored the teams but can’t undo all the transfers made apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

An added layer of security would help, email should be sent to you confirming you want to delete. Unless the hacker has your email account aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

jamesbere wrote: »
    An added layer of security would help, email should be sent to you confirming you want to delete. Unless the hacker has your email account aswell

Now that would be useful. Even a text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Why is it on fpl to go to extra lengths, because someone entered their username/password on a 3rd party site? Where is the line drawn? Confirmation via text or email to make transfers?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Why is it on fpl to go to extra lengths, because someone entered their username/password on a 3rd party site? Where is the line drawn? Confirmation via text or email to make transfers?

It’s not really for that. It should exist because something different could happen to any of us. Email etc aren’t THAT secure anymore. Hence why a lot of sites have dual verification for certain things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Turns out FPL didn’t do as much as was thought. They’ve restored the teams but can’t undo all the transfers made apparently.

95 transfers Andy
    197 Chef

Neale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have a look here and check if your email has ever been hacked. Think most have to some extent.
    https://www.avast.com/hackcheck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Have a look here and check if your email has ever been hacked. Think most have to some extent.

Another similar one that you can check:
    https://haveibeenpwned.com/

The latest firefox also has this built in and will notify you if it sees an email you've used be mentioned in a breach.
    https://monitor.firefox.com/

It will only flag something though if the breach was disclosed or if the guy who runs the site gets notified somehow and adds it to his database.

This obviously wouldn't flag the FPL incidents mentioned above but if your password / email combination is in there there's nothing to stop someone trying the same combination on the fpls site if they had nothing better to do with their lives.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »

Eh I’ve quite a high number here. What kind of numbers are others seeing jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

13 for me but nothing in 8 months. That was about when I changed everything I use on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

jimmii wrote: »
    13 for me but nothing in 8 months. That was about when I changed everything I use on a regular basis.

Exact same for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

2 on a gmail account I've used for about 9 years.

1 on a hotmail account I've used a lot longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

And I bet you one of them is the same login details you use for FPL ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Also 13 & 8 for me.

But it did say that I have not been hacked in 8 months. I think I got a big hack recently as I got an email notification but also someone changed all my Netflix details. They didn't even want money or try accessing my bank, just wanted free TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who has no idea who PewPew is?

He does PewPew in video games.

Couldn't pick him out myself in a line up but know the name!

2 for me one on Heritage one on dropbox neither I remember signing up for but nothing in 3 years

FitzShane wrote: »
    Also 13 & 8 for me.

But it did say that I have not been hacked in 8 months. I think I got a big hack recently as I got an email notification but also someone changed all my Netflix details. They didn't even want money or try accessing my bank, just wanted free TV!

I've an EA account I set up to download a free game they had on offer. It has 2FA. I get text messages in Russian nearly every day with an access code so someone is trying to grab it :( Had a heart attack at the start as thought my card details were there but thankfully I never bought anything on it

FitzShane wrote: »
    Also 13 & 8 for me.

Strange its 13 & 8 for a few of us given how unlikely it is we use the exact same services?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

Also 13 & 8 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Ros1234 wrote: »
    Also 13 & 8 for me.

Exactly same hmm are we sure that the link is just trying get us buy avast?

Tasfasdf wrote: »

Just tried it with my gmail account and it came back with zero which was surprising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

It shows you all the leaks they came from and the email and actual password that was hacked if you click into the email they sent you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Check out the email they sent. It shows you what passwords were leaked. I recognised a few of mine.

Some of the sources are not from a specific site but were found on leaked databases online. Some are over a billion accounts strong. It's probably why so many seem to get the same number.

3. None in my last 2 years.

Just checked my email address I use for absolutely useless stuff or really old things.

Got hacked a lot more.

The bastards stole My MySpace password 1 year ago. Didn't even think it was still a thing :pac:

steve_r wrote: »

Couldn’t read it. Well not past the first paragraph of ‘the rank’. Struggled up to that point too.

Person void of humour attempts humour.

Just lay out the ****ing facts and leave the funny to someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Couldn’t read it. Well not past the first paragraph of ‘the rank’. Struggled up to that point too.

Person void of humour attempts humour.

Just lay out the ****ing facts and leave the funny to someone else.
    Scroll down a bit to see a picture of the team mr. grouchypants.

I enjoyed it :o

Advertisement