Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

Scroll down a bit to see a picture of the team mr. grouchypants.

I enjoyed it :o

Well at least I’m consistent.

I’m called that offline too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like Greenwood will play against Arsenal,no Rashford,Martial and no Pogba for the game after Ole's presser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Looks like Greenwood will play against Arsenal,no Rashford,Martial and no Pogba for the game after Ole's presser.

So 2 points instead of 1 then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hhhmmmm
    I’m actually tempted to sell digne now and keep Fredericks as well as Tomori
    Gives me money to upgrade McNeil after not break then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Heaton or Pope...

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Dempsey wrote: »
    Heaton or Pope...

Normally best to go with home when its 50/50 but on your head be it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have both and went with Heaton.

Villa have two clean sheets at home, Burnley have none away from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gareth McAuley retired today.

Pretty sure we all had him in our teams at one time. Bit of a FPL folk hero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Gareth McAuley retired today.

Pretty sure we all had him in our teams at one time. Bit of a FPL folk hero

Or anti-hero if you owned Chris Brunt that time!

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Don’t you mean Evans?

https://twitter.com/officialfpl/status/830476925080584192?s=21

Brunt would have gotten the assist if goal had been awarded to evans ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    Brunt would have gotten the assist if goal had been awarded to evans ......

I owned Evans and Brunt that day. A couple of rivals had McAuley.

It still hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

shineon23 wrote: »

It still hurts.

Never Forget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

shineon23 wrote: »

It still hurts.

The worse has to be that Terry goal a few years ago

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The worse has to be that Terry goal a few years ago

DONT MENTION THE WAR

City and Pep rotation could be about to get worse.

I know it’s started already although Sterling and Bilva look good for the upcoming game against Wolves.

Same can’t be said about Kun. That’s a big worry.

And I’d WC, in a heartbeat, if Mendy was guaranteed a start every week and reduce my City players from 3 to Sterling and Mendy.

I’ll not suffer much more Pep rotation if he keeps it up. The only time we had any hope was when players, like Jesus, were injured.

I’ll give it 2-3 weeks but could easily be down to 1 City player by then and go for regular starters in other teams. I want to enjoy my weekends and not be fretting about Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Same, I have Kun and Kdb with a lot of value built up in Kdb. Don't know what to do in the short term.
    He might play Ageuro seeing as there's a break after this week but it's so frustrating haven't to devote time to trying to figure it out each week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Same, I have Kun and Kdb with a lot of value built up in Kdb. Don't know what to do in the short term.
    He might play Ageuro seeing as there's a break after this week but it's so frustrating haven't to devote time to trying to figure it out each week.

Aguero only been left out once yet really and he allegedly had a slight knock. Even then he came on and returned so it wasn’t too costly. I’d hold the fire on him for at least another week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sterling's cameo last night has me thinking captain this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Sterling will play no doubt but others like bilva and Kun At risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I think those of us who held onto Sterling are in a great position right now. He is practically guaranteed to start this weekend and I reckon City will destroy Wolves have been shaky enough at the back this season and are playing in Turkey on Thursday. The City squad are well rested and full preparation after a home game on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

City and Pep rotation could be about to get worse.

I know it’s started already although Sterling and Bilva look good for the upcoming game against Wolves.

Same can’t be said about Kun. That’s a big worry.

And I’d WC, in a heartbeat, if Mendy was guaranteed a start every week and reduce my City players from 3 to Sterling and Mendy.

I’ll not suffer much more Pep rotation if he keeps it up. The only time we had any hope was when players, like Jesus, were injured.

I’ll give it 2-3 weeks but could easily be down to 1 City player by then and go for regular starters in other teams. I want to enjoy my weekends and not be fretting about Pep.

FPL Top guns made a strong case for Mahrez in their pod this week and it made sense. I'm thinking of getting him in for Mane. The only issue is when he doesn't start he seems to get minutes. I'd be tripling up on City mids with KDB & Sterling until the Liverpool game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Sterling's cameo last night has me thinking captain this weekend

City without KDB didn't work out too well at Norwich tho

Was thinking the same myself.

City without KDB surely can’t be as devastating.

Still hard to look past a City player for captaincy.

Could be a very good week to own and captain Aubameyang.

Green&Red wrote: »
    FPL Top guns made a strong case for Mahrez in their pod this week and it made sense. I'm thinking of getting him in for Mane. The only issue is when he doesn't play he seems to get minutes. I'd be tripling up on City mids with KDB & Sterling until the Liverpool game

Couldn’t buy Mahrez.

4 x 90 minutes and 3 x subs minutes.

Not for me under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

You can argue it's risky having City players in that are in danger of rotation, but it's more risky imo to not have them in and miss out on hauls. They are guaranteed (especially against the bottom half teams) to score lots of goals every single match.

I don't think it's doable to say you're just going to avoid Pep roulette, I think that will hurt you. Aggy should be quite nailed to start now, he didn't start the previous match as he had a bit of strain apparently - he's undoubtedly the number 1 choice for Pep.

With the way he's playing I think Mahrez is good for 2 starts out of 3 at the moment if KDB is out for a few matches, for 8.5 I'd still expect him to outscore all others in his price range. I'll take a 1 pointer sub appearance if he' bringing in a double digit haul in one of the two that he starts (which I think he's very likely to do).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Green&Red wrote: »
    FPL Top guns made a strong case for Mahrez in their pod this week and it made sense. I'm thinking of getting him in for Mane. The only issue is when he doesn't play he seems to get minutes. I'd be tripling up on City mids with KDB & Sterling until the Liverpool game

I'm not sure if that's a bad thing to be honest. I know he hasn't scored any points off the bench yet, but if you offer me Mahrez for 20 minutes or Lundstrum away to Watford for 90 I'm not sure that's an easy choice to say which you expect more points from

Advertisement