Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

With KDB out i'm left fielding the below team this weekend. Am i looking a bit lightweight? Ideally would prefer to bank a transfer.

Pope

Pieters, Guilbert, Lundstrum

Sterling, Salah, Mount, Cantwell

Abraham, Barnes, Haller

(Heaton, Dunk, KDB, Ward)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

ShimSlady wrote: »
    With KDB out i'm left fielding the below team this weekend. Am i looking a bit lightweight? Ideally would prefer to bank a transfer.

Pope

Pieters, Guilbert, Lundstrum

Sterling, Salah, Mount, Cantwell

Abraham, Barnes, Haller

(Heaton, Dunk, KDB, Ward)

Cantwell a doubt now apparently so I'd factor that into your plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Is it wrong to theorise that KdB is actually fine? with Pep ruling him out of a Wolves game (that they should easily win) so as spare him from international duty!!

Belgium are top of the group and taking on two Mickey Mouse teams next!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

City are 5 points behind and Bilva could be missing. Wolves won't be a rollover. They showed last season what they could do against top opposition. I'd say Pep and co will be doing everything to have KdB ready to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

I just think that it’s extremely convenient - and until a ban is handed down, Bilva should play provided he wins at Pep Roulette!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'd say KDB has a slight injury but City will be taking no chances with him given how much he missed last season. This is the ideal time for him to pick up an injury, miss one game and stay out of international squad, return well rested and fully recuperated for next league game.

I reckon City will win easy against Wolves. Wolves playing in Turkey on Thursday night and then going to City on Sunday is a big ask. NES won't have much time to prepare the team and they haven't looked like the same side from last season anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Is it wrong to theorise that KdB is actually fine? with Pep ruling him out of a Wolves game (that they should easily win) so as spare him from international duty!!

Belgium are top of the group and taking on two Mickey Mouse teams next!!

That would assume that 1. KDB is fine with it and doesn't fancy playing for his Country and 2. that City feel they need to make it more believable, Clubs withdraw after the final game all the time.... so it's a no from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Press conference times:

Wilder - 10am
    Pellegrini - 12:30pm
    Smith - 1pm
    Dyche - 1:15pm
    Potter - 1:30pm
    Silva - 1:30pm
    Rodgers - 1:30pm
    Flores - 5pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Where is the information that suggests De Bruyne returns after the break? Couldn’t find a quote.

I know the prevailing view is he returns after the break and to be willing to see him benched for one week, but I’m more concerned about the possibility that he isn’t straight back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

CSF wrote: »
    Where is the information that suggests De Bruyne returns after the break? Couldn’t find a quote.

I know the prevailing view is he returns after the break and to be willing to see him benched for one week, but I’m more concerned about the possibility that he isn’t straight back.

“It’s not serious but today he could not play,” explained the boss after overseeing City's eclipse of Dinamo.

“We will see for Sunday. Right now, I don’t know.

“Maybe he can get fit. We will see.

“After the international break he will be ready."

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2019/october/kevin-de-bruyne-injury-news-latest-update-manchester-city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

tailgunner wrote: »
    “It’s not serious but today he could not play,” explained the boss after overseeing City's eclipse of Dinamo.

“We will see for Sunday. Right now, I don’t know.

“Maybe he can get fit. We will see.

“After the international break he will be ready."

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2019/october/kevin-de-bruyne-injury-news-latest-update-manchester-city

Indeed. Not only that be hints at them actually being half interested in getting him involved this weekend as unlikely as that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That's just Pep being Pep. The way i see it he's saying he might be okay for this Sunday, but if not then he should be back after the int'l break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

manual_man wrote: »
    That's just Pep being Pep. The way i see it he's saying he might be okay for this Sunday, but if not then he should be back after the int'l break

Why would he want him fit for Sunday? Cry injury and keep him out of the Belgian team. Then he'll be nice and rested up for 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Considering Takingly somewhat of a gamble this week, triple captain Pukki (Norwich have had their greatest results and points returns at home, they face an Aston villa side without an away win .... Yet)

Both sides enjoy attacking football and both sides can't seem to keep a clean sheet.

Should I play conservatively and just give the armband to sterling or Salah (although I think Liverpool may not be able to ride their luck against Leicester, vardy is capable of grabbing a goal or two against the current Liverpool defence)

Decisions decisions... Any advice is welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Considering Takingly somewhat of a gamble this week, triple captain Pukki (Norwich have had their greatest results and points returns at home, they face an Aston villa side without an away win .... Yet)

Both sides enjoy attacking football and both sides can't seem to keep a clean sheet.

Should I play conservatively and just give the armband to sterling or Salah (although I think Liverpool may not be able to ride their luck against Leicester, vardy is capable of grabbing a goal or two against the current Liverpool defence)

Madness to TC pukki
    It might work out and someone may come back and quote this post if it does but it’s an unnecessary risk
    Not sure I would even captain him
    Villa are no walkover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

No, madness. Percentage chance of it working out is too low.

I think Aston Villa are allowed and expected to not win in 3 away games in a row. It's not remarkably so.

People can quote me in hindsight too if they want :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

It depends on many factors. Like are you in any high-stakes money leagues. Would you rather play conservatively or a more devil may care attitude.

I think if you have that gut feeling that a player can score big then go for it. If it doesn't pay off then you still have 30 gameweeks.

Do it for the laugh :)

I'm just playing for fun .... Have about €30 in total between head to head league and a LMS , so not invested in winning.

Yeah. Go for it.

Play your own game.

If you fancy it then do it.

I’ll be waiting for a DGW but only because I’m a boring and cowardly ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I think it was confirmed that Liverpool will have a double game week, that means the other obvious choice would be Mane / Salah in a double game week.

Captaining Pukki this week could be enough of a gamble, I'd hold it if it was me and just put normal captaincy on a differential if I wanted to take a punt. Good luck with it though whichever one you pick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm just playing for fun .... Have about €30 in total between head to head league and a LMS , so not invested in winning.

I'm playing someone in a h2h who TC'd Pukki was that you?

patmac wrote: »

I'm playing someone in a h2h who TC'd Pukki was that you?
    Possibly.... Also had a -8 from transfers (triple captain was supposed to compensate for the -8... Total fail) worst gameweek ever for me .... Only 2 players left to play this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Was there a site that gave you your rank and the average number of players people had left to play?

Was sure I used it last year but can't find it this

Was there a site that gave you your rank and the average number of players people had left to play?

Fantasy Football Fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

PARlance wrote: »

Fantasy Football Fix?

Found this which does a similar job

https://www.fplanalytics.com/compareRank.html

Found this which does a similar job

https://www.fplanalytics.com/compareRank.html

I'm closer to 200,000 than I am 100th @ 4,745 OR. Still waiting for it all to go wrong, and from that, it could go very wrong, very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Former Liverpool defender Nicky Tanner currently OR1 in fpl

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1180799370712752128?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

KevIRL wrote: »
    Former Liverpool defender Nicky Tanner currently OR1 in fpl

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1180799370712752128?s=20

Them winning the league would be bad enough as an Everton fan don't let them win FPL to :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Only 1 hour to the GW0 deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Only 1 hour to the GW0 deadline.

Hah?

Advertisement