Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dendoncker playing in defence now.

Hayden hasn’t played recently, for whatever reason.

Nakamba has been nothing more than a 2 pointer since he’s come in.

For the extra 0.3m I’d be happy to have Guendouzi who’s had 2 assists already this season and looks to be growing as a player.

Likes to get forward and have a shot when he can or try a killer pass.

Would rather have him as first sub over the other 3.

Personally speaking I'd prefer to have a 90 min cheap defender as my first and possible even second sub to come on, than a midfielder who might get a assist, but highly unlikely to get a CS point given how defensively poor arsenal are.

We've seen this season random teams getting clean sheets or cheap defenders getting goals. The idea of a fodder to me is someone who will come on and get me 1/2 points if absolutely need him, not someone who will be sitting on my bench picking up assists and given me a headache on whether to start him - and watch him return nothing week after week, but have more pressing issues and so you keep him.

Doughlas Luiz of villa is 4.5m and has 2 goal this season - surely you be off getting him in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Green&Red wrote: »
    TAA - every podcast I listen to when they talk about an ideal team start with TAA at the back and four others

The guy has 43 points so far this season. While I don’t go along with the theory that you can compare him to midfielders of the same price, if I did McGinn, Yarmelenko and Grealish all have the same points.
    I think when you’re comparing him it needs to be against a cheap defender and using that 2.5m elsewhere. Look at any of those and you have Lascelles 36, Dunk 35, soyboy 33, Janmaat 29 FFS, they have four points all season

And yet I’ve yet to read about him being mass transferred out, how come?

People suffer form regret aversion - it's clear as day on here - despite how poor Liverpool have been defensively - players are keeping their defence as that big score is bound to come. Reminds me of Alonso last year.

Each week you see like posting about double pool defence and sighing when they concede, as if they have been asleep for last 3 months. 7.2m defender who has 2 CS this season. You wouldn't keep a striker with that record of goals regardless of their form last season.

If pool where keeping CS, then yes that coupled with his attacking abilities would be a good reason to keep him, but they just can't defend. A fit again Mendy imo is a better buy than having 7.2m tied up in TAA.

But given top 10k ownership is around 40%, It's helping me move up the rankings every time pool concede.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Personally speaking I'd prefer to have a 90 min cheap defender as my first and possible even second sub to come on, than a midfielder who might get a assist, but highly unlikely to get a CS point given how defensively poor arsenal are.

We've seen this season random teams getting clean sheets or cheap defenders getting goals. The idea of a fodder to me is someone who will come on and get me 1/2 points if absolutely need him, not someone who will be sitting on my bench picking up assists and given me a headache on whether to start him - and watch him return nothing week after week, but have more pressing issues and so you keep him.

Doughlas Luiz of villa is 4.5m and has 2 goal this season - surely you be off getting him in?

No I won’t be.

No need to come across like a smart arse and tell me who I’ll be getting in.

If you’re on the forum to be right about everything then go nuts. Knock yourself out.

I’m sharing my opinion. Not trying to be right about everything.

Can’t be ****ed with this type of discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

No I won’t be.

No need to come across like a smart arse and tell me who I’ll be getting in.

If you’re on the forum to be right about everything then go nuts. Knock yourself out.

I’m sharing my opinion. Not trying to be right about everything.

Can’t be ****ed with this type of discussion.

To be honest man, I think Ace just forgot to add the word ''better'' into his sentence.

So it would read ''Surely you'd be better off getting him?'' In reference to Douglas Luiz.

4.5M 25 points

Guendouzi 4.7M 27 points.

Think Ace was just saying if you're gonna go for a midfielder in that range than Douglas Luiz is probably a better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Nap time Klopp!

I have Ceballos the useless c**t, I keep thinking this is the week he’ll do something and put him ahead of my defenders, I’d swap him for anyone that can take the last spot. King from Leicester is 4.3, if I get around to it I might get him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

I really don’t see it that way at all.

I think they are very close to nailed on top 3-4 and then you go on from there.

Emery’s record is unreal. 3 consecutive European trophies. He is not a bad manager. He’s not even average. I think his biggest problem is not playing a consistent 11 in the league. He does chop around a bit.

Leno

Bellerin Luiz another Tierney

Guendouzi another

Pepe Ceballos Aubameyang

Lacazette

Another in defence is currently Sokratis and in midfield in could be Xhaka or Torreira.

Those 11 starting every week should finish top 4.

Their squad players are Chambers, Kolasinac, Ozil and Mkhi.

They have good younger players in Maitland-Niles, Willock, Saka, Martinelli.

That is not a bad squad.

They are currently 5th in the league.

Their front 3 could arguably start in almost every team in the league.

Two more windows could remove deadwood and add 2-3 players of quality.

The manager just needs to start playing his best 11 every ****ing week. In the same formation. Continuity (of selection) at that club for a few months would see automatic improvement.

I would very much agree about the consistency of selection. I think it hurts Arsenal badly in the PL. It also makes the fantasy selections a disaster. Lacazette should be a good option but he is almost a pointless one.

There's been something off at Arsenal for awhile. Torreira hardly seeing any PL starts. Xhaka captain. Lacazette in and out. Unable to offload Ozil (who I actually think would still be very good in a solid functioning team, and would be a brilliant FPL option still imo).

In terms of FPL, Tierney is about the only one I'll be keeping an eye on going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I like when Kranky Klopp makes his seasonal appearance :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Poker Face wrote: »
    Anyone know what the odds for a draw in a head to head match would be. I have 3 now already this year. Don't know whether to laugh or cry about it :-)

I would say chances are about 1 in ~20 but depends on the league the better quality the league the more likely it is due to less variance in selected players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Ace2007 wrote: »
    People suffer form regret aversion - it's clear as day on here - despite how poor Liverpool have been defensively - players are keeping their defence as that big score is bound to come. Reminds me of Alonso last year.

Each week you see like posting about double pool defence and sighing when they concede, as if they have been asleep for last 3 months. 7.2m defender who has 2 CS this season. You wouldn't keep a striker with that record of goals regardless of their form last season.

If pool where keeping CS, then yes that coupled with his attacking abilities would be a good reason to keep him, but they just can't defend. A fit again Mendy imo is a better buy than having 7.2m tied up in TAA.

But given top 10k ownership is around 40%, It's helping me move up the rankings every time pool concede.

Liverpool's clean sheet record hasn't been great but to be fair to them, they've played Chelsea, Tottenham, Man United, Leicester and Arsenal, among others. I'd expect them to keep a lot more clean sheets over the next ten given the opposition.

Watching the match yesterday, the guy was everywhere. He was unlucky not to score and puts in a surreal amount of crosses. I think he's a must have for the next ten or so games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

City have conceded 9 goals and have 5 CS. Liverpool have conceded 8 goals and have 2 CS.

• Advertisement

To be honest man, I think Ace just forgot to add the word ''better'' into his sentence.

So it would read ''Surely you'd be better off getting him?'' In reference to Douglas Luiz.

4.5M 25 points

Guendouzi 4.7M 27 points.

Think Ace was just saying if you're gonna go for a midfielder in that range than Douglas Luiz is probably a better option.

Well then there was a ‘d missing too.

I read it as - surely you’ll be off getting him in.

You read it as - you’d be better off getting him in.

Can take it either way.

I can only interpret what I see.

Apologies to Ace if you meant it the other way. My reply stands if you meant it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Matip out for six weeks, Lovren back in the team presumably

Considering they have city in GW12 and a blank in GW18 I’m not sure I’d be in a hurry to have any Liverpool defence

Green&Red wrote: »
    Matip out for six weeks, Lovren back in the team presumably

Considering they have city in GW12 and a blank in GW18 I’m not sure I’d be in a hurry to have any Liverpool defence

Delighted now I didn’t double up on their defence on WC.

Lovern makes them a no go for me. Gomez and I’d be interested in the double up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Aguero likely to start tomorrow , probably will score 5 and be rested for the weekend to totally Pep us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

patmac wrote: »
    Aguero likely to start tomorrow , probably will score 5 and be rested for the weekend to totally Pep us

I've learnt my lesson and sold him for Vardy. He was one of my worst transfers ever last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Delighted now I didn’t double up on their defence on WC.

Lovern makes them a no go for me. Gomez and I’d be interested in the double up.

Gomez was worse then Lovren any time he had played this year.

Both of them spread panic.

I reckon Lovren is ahead of him in pecking order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

36 points this week,31 last week, I have no goals in 2 weeks and dropped 750,000 places to 1.2m,
    Regarding overall points, I have
    2 of the top 4 defenders
    3 of the top 6 midfielders including the top 2
    3 of the top 4 forwards
    Not sure what more I can do. What a waste of time this game has become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fixture pile up incoming for pool with the league cup QF due to be played at the same time they are away for the world club cup. So it will be rearranged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I see they've changed the functionality of the leagues page. Earlier in the year there were a few people caught out clicking into a league and leaving the league by accident. It's a lot harder to leage a league now.

Lampard put out a second string and said he only played the two boys in the middle as he had no other option because of injuries.

Wonder where it leaves Alonso (as he played the full 90) and Emerson. The latter didn’t make the bench.

I’ve no in at Chelsea but was pretty sure Lampars had Emerson in his first team.

Also signs not good for CHO getting the full 90.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Lampard put out a second string and said he only played the two boys in the middle as he had no other option because of injuries.

Wonder where it leaves Alonso (as he played the full 90) and Emerson. The latter didn’t make the bench.

I’ve no in at Chelsea but was pretty sure Lampars had Emerson in his first team.

Also signs not good for CHO getting the full 90.

I'd be fairly sure Emerson will be back for his spot when fit. Maybe he still wasn't ready for the game midweek? May still not be ready come the weekend who knows.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd be fairly sure Emerson will be back for his spot when fit. Maybe he still wasn't ready for the game midweek? May still not be ready come the weekend who knows.

Thought I seen him on the bench recently.

I understand he will start on the bench, when available again, but I’d expect him to oust Alonso in due course.

He was rushed back from that injury which has really cost him. I think another 10 days would have seen him right but now the recurrence of the same injury has set him back even further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

patmac wrote: »
    36 points this week,31 last week, I have no goals in 2 weeks and dropped 750,000 places to 1.2m,
    Regarding overall points, I have
    2 of the top 4 defenders
    3 of the top 6 midfielders including the top 2
    3 of the top 4 forwards
    Not sure what more I can do. What a waste of time this game has become.

I hear ye, a friend and ML rival has 4 transfers all season and in the top 10k and barely looks at FPL.

Meanwhile, I've spent countless hours and sit at 1.5million OR with 3 of the top 4 midfielders and 2 of the top 3 forwards.

No joy this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Press conference times:

Bruce - 8:45am
    Howe - 9am
    Solskjær - 9:30am
    Klopp - 12pm
    Pochettino - 12:30pm
    Emery - 1pm
    Smith - 1pm
    Hodgson - 1pm
    Nuno - 1pm
    Farke - 1:15pm
    Lampard - 1:30pm
    Silva - 1:30pm
    Rodgers - 1:30pm
    Guardiola - 1:30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Rare situation for me this week - I have 12 players I want to start. Dreading dropping a shock hattrick hero... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rare situation for me this week - I have 12 players I want to start. Dreading dropping a shock hattrick hero... :pac:

Bench boost ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Bench boost ?

I'd rather save it for a week where I might get all 15 out there but maybe.

I need something to jolt my season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Might BB myself this week and be done with it. It's either now or wait for next years WC. All three outfield subs are at home, although opposition is a mixed bag. Pope is my sub keeper this week and could get a few points from SU away.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Who to start out of the following three?

Tomori (Watford away)
    Pieters (Sheff Utd away)
    Soyunchu (Palace away)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Who to start out of the following three?

Tomori (Watford away)
    Pieters (Sheff Utd away)
    Soyunchu (Palace away)

Tomori for me

Advertisement