Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I wouldn't be jumping on Pulisic, he's in a position where they have options and although his last 3 games have been brilliant he's already scored more in those 3 games than he ever managed in a full season for Dortmund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Tusky wrote: »
    There’s not a huge amount between them. Robbo has a couple more points so far this season. Trent probably shades it because of set pieces, however he is more likely to be rotated as there are other RB options. They don’t really have another LB.

Ya I was thinking that but Trent has played every minute of every game so far so surely this isn’t a huge worry? Klopp doesn’t seem to rate Gomez at all and certainly not at right back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ya I was thinking that but Trent has played every minute of every game so far so surely this isn’t a huge worry? Klopp doesn’t seem to rate Gomez at all and certainly not at right back.

At this stage, I'd say Robertson is as likely to be rotated out for Milner as Trent is for Gomez. That might change over the Christmas period when the games stack up but Gomez has looked very poor in the games he has played and, even at his best, he doesnt provide the attacking threat that Trent does, so its not a surprise to see his minutes very limited so far.

That said, I have neither of them in my team because at present. If I was to play a wildcard tomorrow, I'd definitely be trying to get Trent in I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I can afford either TAA or Robbo, presume it has to be TAA really? Seems like he carries greater attacking threat?

Definitely TAA for me, I've been saving up for him, he looks threatening every time I see him play. He's going to have a big score soon

I wouldn't be jumping on Pulisic, he's in a position where they have options and although his last 3 games have been brilliant he's already scored more in those 3 games than he ever managed in a full season for Dortmund

To be fair all those seasons he was a teenager. It's fairly certain a playe will score more goals in his 20's than his teens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

https://twitter.com/WHUFCFZ/status/1193988079549173760?s=19

Can't be any worse than roberto and he's in at 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Can't be any worse than roberto and he's in at 4.0

Is that the chap from Grey's Anatomy and Trainspotting?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My mate played an outstanding Free Hit this week. Got rid of all City and Pool players and loaded up on United, Chelsea and Leicester. Made up a good 30 points on me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

AdMMM wrote: »
    My mate played an outstanding Free Hit this week. Got rid of all City and Pool players and loaded up on United, Chelsea and Leicester. Made up a good 30 points on me!

Could be worth more to you later in the season. Not a bad score for him though considering when he used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Who would people go for out of Maddison/ Mount / Pulisic ? Leaning towards maddison as he seems rotation proof. Have tammy / vardy up top if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I have Mount and I'm thinking of getting rid for Pulisic or Maddison or maybe Martial.
    Also have Tammy and Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

rekluse wrote: »
    Who would people go for out of Maddison/ Mount / Pulisic ? Leaning towards maddison as he seems rotation proof. Have tammy / vardy up top if that makes a difference.

Maddison for me. Surely Hudson Odoi and Pedro have to get some games at some stage as the schedule gets tougher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pochettino has been sacked. Spurs assets could be worth looking at again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Will have to move some cash around and try and get Kane in

Pochettino has been sacked. Spurs assets could be worth looking at again.

100% have set about trying to fit Son in now.

Will have to wait until next gameweek and will involve a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Will have to move some cash around and try and get Kane in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Spurs are a mess and the players are a big part of the problem, it wasn't just Poch. If they get Maureen in Spurs players certainly won't be worth owning.

Mourinho wants to buy player. Levy says too much. Mourinho cries to press. Doesn't end well.

They will likely get an Ole at United style bounce but the players remain as they are. Might be some short term gains from having their players but you'll be looking for the tipping point to cash in.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Mourinho wants to buy player. Levy says too much. Mourinho cries to press. Doesn't end well.

They will likely get an Ole at Untied style bounce but the players remain as they are. Might be some short term gains from having their players but you'll be looking for the tipping point to cash in.

100%
    I’d get son or Alli in short term If he takes over
    It’s odd timing
    They must have someone lined up ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Spurs attackers out.
    Spurs defenders in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Target man Kane. The new Ibrahimovic

Gazzaniga could be good value now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

KevIRL wrote: »
    Target man Kane. The new Ibrahimovic

Yeah wingers often suffer but he might stop Kane dropping deep. We could see him return to taking big numbers of shots per game.

Alli is another interesting one. Think he can expect some tough love from Mou but he does have the physicality and nasty side that Jose might like.

What price will Fellaini be?

Spurs fixtures aren’t amazing up until Christmas so it might be worthwhile using a few games as evidence to see who Mourinho views as important to his very specific style.

I already have Gazzaniga so that may be enough for me until I see more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CSF wrote: »
    Spurs fixtures aren’t amazing up until Christmas so it might be worthwhile using a few games as evidence to see who Mourinho views as important to his very specific style.

I already have Gazzaniga so that may be enough for me until I see more.

They certainly aren’t tough.

West Ham... gone to ****. Just conceded 3 to Newcastle & 3 to Burnley

Home to Bournemouth

Man Utd... can’t remember there last clean sheet

Burnley... Not to defence of old

Wolves

Chelsea... great going forward but very leaky and conceding an awful lot

Brighton... Similar to Chelsea under new manager.

With no City or Liverpool upcoming, they haven’t the worst fixtures in the world & I can certainly see a bounce coming off his appointment

I wonder how well Mane does when Salah is not playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

dsmythy wrote: »
    I wonder how well Mane does when Salah is not playing?

Tiny sample size as Salah nearly always plays, but;

Mane scored & assisted when Salah went off injured against Villa.
    Mane had a goal ruled out against Man Utd when Salah didn't play, so a blank there.
    Mane scored against Burnley a couple years back when Salah didn't play
    Mane didn't score but was great against Barca in that 4-0 comeback game.

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    They certainly aren’t tough.

West Ham... gone to ****. Just conceded 3 to Newcastle & 3 to Burnley

Home to Bournemouth

Man Utd... can’t remember there last clean sheet

Burnley... Not to defence of old

Wolves

Chelsea... great going forward but very leaky and conceding an awful lot

Brighton... Similar to Chelsea under new manager.

With no City or Liverpool upcoming, they haven’t the worst fixtures in the world & I can certainly see a bounce coming off his appointment

I feel a bit like this is unintentionally a ‘no easy games in the Premier League’ argument, and that’s certainly true, but some are easier than others for sure.

They’re not fixtures that would have me hurrying away from Spurs assets, but they’re not so pretty that I would pass up the chance to view them in action for a few games before deciding who the best assets to go with are.

Obviously Kane will improve now but will he improve enough to justify 10.8 million when Vardy and Abraham are performing so much better at cheaper prices.

Advertisement