Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

FitzShane wrote: »
    Tiny sample size as Salah nearly always plays, but;

Mane scored & assisted when Salah went off injured against Villa.
    Mane had a goal ruled out against Man Utd when Salah didn't play, so a blank there.
    Mane scored against Burnley a couple years back when Salah didn't play
    Mane didn't score but was great against Barca in that 4-0 comeback game.

Still dangerous so despite the extra attention he'd get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Press conference times:

Howe - 9am
    Solskjær - 9:30am
    Wilder - 10am
    Klopp - 11:30am
    Smith - 1pm
    Nuno - 1pm
    Hodgson - 1:15pm
    Farke - 1:15pm
    Lampard - 1:30pm
    Silva - 1:30pm
    Guardiola - 1:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CSF wrote: »
    I feel a bit like this is unintentionally a ‘no easy games in the Premier League’ argument, and that’s certainly true, but some are easier than others for sure.

They’re not fixtures that would have me hurrying away from Spurs assets, but they’re not so pretty that I would pass up the chance to view them in action for a few games before deciding who the best assets to go with are.

Obviously Kane will improve now but will he improve enough to justify 10.8 million when Vardy and Abraham are performing so much better at cheaper prices.

Agree, hard to argue on that. I think we’ll see Kane form increased& the aforementioned twos dip (how much & when is the money maker question! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I've gambled and sold Aguero.

Watch him bag a truck load of goals in the next few weeks and me to spend the whole season rearranging to get him back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just looking ahead a few weeks, to GW18/19 (either side of Christmas),

Leicester: Man City (a), Liverpool (h)
    Man City: Leicester (h), Wolves (a)
    Liverpool: Blank, Leicester (a)

I currently have 6 starters (and about £50m) from those teams. Added in to the usual Christmas rotations, gonna be a few bleak gameweeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Hoping for a bit of a bounce from Spurs with Mourinho coming in. I moved Son in for Mount before the last GW with the favourable fixtures of SHU (H), WHU (A) and BOU (H) in mind. I even took a gamble and captained him against Sheffield Utd! Luckily, I wasn't punished too much for that as he managed to find the net despite a pretty poor overall performance from Spurs. Obviously, the managerial situation has changed the dynamic a bit and I feel he could a nice differential for the next two GWs anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Sell Henderson for a playing keeper this week or take the pain and have no keeper this week but 2 FT next week!????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

AdpRo wrote: »
    Sell Henderson for a playing keeper this week or take the pain and have no keeper this week but 2 FT next week!????

Roll that transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

ElTel wrote: »
    Roll that transfer.

That’s my thinking, just wanted someone to back it up!

I don't think any keeper can guarantee anything more than 2 points anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Shedite27 wrote:
    Just looking ahead a few weeks, to GW18/19 (either side of Christmas),

We have very similar teams.Thanks for the heads up.

If my chairman ever loosens the purse strings theres an assistant managers job that's all yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Might be the wrong forum for this, but does anyone know roughly when the fixtures for GW25-38 are announced? As in, which days and times games are on for TV etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Might be the wrong forum for this, but does anyone know roughly when the fixtures for GW25-38 are announced? As in, which days and times games are on for TV etc.

Dec 12 for February games.

Does anyone know if Hayden was dropped for one of the Longstaffs or was he injured for the few games he missed ?

Edit - found it. Looks like he was out suspended and has come straight back into the team so he’s a goer.

Does anyone know if Hayden was dropped for one of the Longstaffs or was he injured for the few games he missed ?

Edit - found it. Looks like he was out suspended and has come straight back into the team so he’s a goer.

He was suspended
    Sent off the week I signed him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Interesting set of fixtures coming up in the next 4 weeks. Following teams have 3 of next 4 at home:
    Liverpool
    Leicester
    Chelsea
    Wolves
    Southampton
    Burnley

Following have 3 of 4 away:
    Man City, Bournemouth, Villa, Brighton, Everton, Watford, West Ham

A lot of teams will have laods from the home list.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Interesting set of fixtures coming up in the next 4 weeks. Following teams have 3 of next 4 at home:
    Liverpool
    Leicester
    Chelsea
    Wolves
    Southampton
    Burnley

Following have 3 of 4 away:
    Man City, Bournemouth, Villa, Brighton, Everton, Watford, West Ham

A lot of teams will have laods from the home list.

Yep 9 for me
    And might have another when I sell Fredricks next week
    Also KDB 3 away hhmmmmmm

United also have 3 in 4
    So that’s 19 for me but I was planning on selling martial
    Hhhhhmmmmmmhhhmmmmhhmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

km79 wrote: »
    Yep 9 for me
    And might have another when I sell Fredricks next week
    Also KDB 3 away hhmmmmmm

United also have 3 in 4
    So that’s 19 for me but I was planning on selling martial
    Hhhhhmmmmmmhhhmmmmhhmmmm

Wow 19 players at home. No wonder you are doing well :D

Rikand wrote: »
    Wow 19 players at home. No wonder you are doing well :D

Oops I meant 10 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

is Lundstram the best FPL player ever now? In terms of value for money, OOP and returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FitzShane wrote: »
    is Lundstram the best FPL player ever now? In terms of value for money, OOP and returns.

Mahrez the year Leicester won the league, starting from 5.5 IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

CSF wrote: »
    Mahrez the year Leicester won the league, starting from 5.5 IMO.

Simpler times. I had Callum Wilson that year, got a hattick, got injured and I replaced him with Vardy. Had Mahrez and Alli for pennies too.

Nowadays I can't make a good decision to save my life.

Southampton failed to score in two games. Their opener and that freak game against Leicester.

Their next four fixtures.

WATFORD
    NORWICH
    Newcastle
    WEST HAM

Danny Ings has 5 goals in 7. But is frequently subbed/protected.

Jinxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Who is a better signing?

Alli (BOU, utd, BURNLEY, wolves)

or

Pulisic (WHU, VILLA, everton, BOU)

I suppose on paper it's Pulisic but i fear he may be rotated. Plus I have no Spurs cover aside from Aurier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Price drop for Mount,I say many panic sold him as Pulisic is flavour of the month with another rise even though Lampard said Mount didn't start against City due to a formation/tactical change.
    Chelsea are at home to an appalling West Ham so I expect he'll start and get a haul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Price drop for Mount,I say many panic sold him as Pulisic is flavour of the month with another rise even though Lampard said Mount didn't start against City due to a formation/tactical change.
    Chelsea are at home to an appalling West Ham so I expect he'll start and get a haul.

I have a question mark over him for the last few weeks but I can't see anyone I'd like to replace him with without going up by 2-3.0 in value.

The next 2/3 games will determine how I go with him, though. Chelsea have so many options that with Pulisic, CHO, Willian, Pedro and, potentially, RLC all fit (when is RLC due back?), there is likely to be some rotation in there.

If I move Sterling for KDB (why didn't I do this weeks ago?), I still need to find an extra .5 or more to upgrade Mount to someone like Son or Alli so, as it is, I'm likely to just stick with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I have a question mark over him for the last few weeks but I can't see anyone I'd like to replace him with without going up by 2-3.0 in value.

The next 2/3 games will determine how I go with him, though. Chelsea have so many options that with Pulisic, CHO, Willian, Pedro and, potentially, RLC all fit (when is RLC due back?), there is likely to be some rotation in there.

If I move Sterling for KDB (why didn't I do this weeks ago?), I still need to find an extra .5 or more to upgrade Mount to someone like Son or Alli so, as it is, I'm likely to just stick with him.

That could be my route to getting in Son and keeping City cover,I have Abraham so having no Chelsea isn't really an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So who would you choose Jimenez or Rashford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

when is RLC due back?

It seems like he'll be out for at least another 3 weeks.

Advertisement