Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

dsmythy wrote: »
    Subs too. They're not dice rolls.

They're not dice rolls. They're just the two cheapest playing players in the game in their positions.

Hardly 4D chess there.

Leagues still not fully updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Press conferences:

Howe - 9am
    Solskjær - 9:30am
    Wilder - 11am
    Klopp - 12pm
    Potter - 12:30pm
    Pellegrini - 12:30pm
    Smith - 1pm
    Mourinho - 1pm
    Nuno - 1pm
    Lampard - 1:15pm
    Rodgers - 1:30pm
    Guardiola - 1:30pm
    Hasenhüttl - 1:30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Is anyone else facing the prospect of 8/9/10 players playing away from home this weekend or is that just me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Is anyone else facing the prospect of 8/9/10 players playing away from home this weekend or is that just me?

9 away 2 home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

9 away 2 home

10 away yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Still have my wildcard and am aware it's nearly out of time!

Need to take a -4 to get abraham back (don't ask)

Could switch out my 2nd keeper (button) to a better playing choice (Henderson or Ryan maybe) too

There are also one or two upgrades I could make that aren't urgent or absolutely necessary (maybe swap out Tomori for Aurier)

Am I mad to consider the wildcard? Hate the thought of "wasting it" when so little change is needed, but also taking a minus 4 now and having an unused wildcard come 28th Dec is on my mind too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Still have my wildcard and am aware it's nearly out of time!

Need to take a -4 to get abraham back (don't ask)

Could switch out my 2nd keeper (button) to a better playing choice (Henderson or Ryan maybe) too

There are also one or two upgrades I could make that aren't urgent or absolutely necessary (maybe swap out Tomori for Aurier)

Am I mad to consider the wildcard? Hate the thought of "wasting it" when so little change is needed, but also taking a minus 4 now and having an unused wildcard come 28th Dec is on my mind too!
    Take some time and figure out the best time to use the wildcard before it is no longer available.

You're at the stage now, when even if your wildcard is only slight tweaks rather than drastic overhaul, it is still better than not using it, unless you've the perfect squad.

I only like 2 of Popes next 10 fixtures ?

Best replacement ? Narrowed it down to - Gazzaniga, Heaton, Ramsdale and maybe even Foster depending on who takes over.

Anyone else thinking of replacing Pope have a strong opinion ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Best replacement ? Narrowed it down to - Gazzaniga, Heaton, Ramsdale and maybe even Foster depending on who takes over.

In the same boat. Planning to keep Pope up to GW19. Think Ramsdale has a nice run of fixtures after that point so have my eye on him atm.

In the same boat. Planning to keep Pope up to GW19. Think Ramsdale has a nice run of fixtures after that point so have my eye on him atm.

Yeah.

I’m thinking Ramsdale or Heaton is the call.

Especially when I factor in who my attackers will be playing against.

So I can go into nearly all of those game without my own attackers playing against my own keeper.

The only thing with Gazzaniga is Lloris is due back in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pearson took over watford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What kind of style of play does Pearson generally adopt ?

Rikand wrote: »

I don’t have a tactical microanalysis to offer here but his Leicester team were usually a fairly good bet in the over 2.5 markets, both in the Championship and Premier League alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Rikand wrote: »

A unique ostrich approach at Leicester if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Emery linked with Everton,if that happens just keep getting in players who are playing them every week.

Emery linked with Everton,if that happens just keep getting in players who are playing them every week.

He had Arsenal looking ok at the start

Can’t believe how poor arsenal have become.

In my best seasons I’ve had success targeting teams that were very poor, even if it was just a poor period, and made sure I had attacking players playing against them. Even captain material.

Would love to have 3 City for next week.

Anyone considering FH chip for the Liverpool blank GW have to load up on Everton. Digne, if ok, Siggy and Richarlison.

Especially if Big Dunc is still in charge and even more so if they get a good result in their next game against Manchester United.

Arsenal are now to be targeted with your attacking players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Can’t believe how poor arsenal have become.

In my best seasons I’ve had success targeting teams that were very poor, even if it was just a poor period, and made sure I had attacking players playing against them. Even captain material.

Would love to have 3 City for next week.

Anyone considering FH chip for the Liverpool blank GW have to load up on Everton. Digne, if ok, Siggy and Richarlison.

Especially if Big Dunc is still in charge and even more so if they get a good result in their next game against Manchester United.

Arsenal are now to be targeted with your attacking players.

Surely West Ham is a far more profitbale angle, at home last night playing against a team low on confidence and loses their two full backs before half time and they still concede 3.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Surely West Ham is a far more profitbale angle, at home last night playing against a team low on confidence and loses their two full backs before half time and they still concede 3.

Well that may be true now, in terms of those injuries, but a good 25 minutes against another poor team doesn’t make Arsenal any better in my eyes.

In fact I’d say that West Ham have shown more resolve, as little as it’s been, than Arsenal this season.

Edit - iirc West Ham had a good defensive record at one stage this season. Could still have more clean sheets than most ? Including Liverpool ? So they could find that again. Arsenal haven’t had that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Well that may be true now, in terms of those injuries, but a good 25 minutes against another poor team doesn’t make Arsenal any better in my eyes.

In fact I’d say that West Ham have shown more resolve, as little as it’s been, than Arsenal this season.

Edit - iirc West Ham had a good defensive record at one stage this season. Could still have more clean sheets than most ? Including Liverpool ? So they could find that again. Arsenal haven’t had that.

I certainly havent seen this resolve that West Ham have shown, they have 4 clean sheets, three of those come in 3 consectuive gameweeks when Fabianski was inspired, and it was very much the exception and his absence has eroded their confidence big time. Burnley have more clean sheets than West Ham and are poison right now.

I fully agree that Arsenal are a shambles at the back but there are for more obvious dud teams to target. I also have a feeling that last night might very well be the catalyst for an upsurge in Arsenal's form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Got a dead team in the cup. He has Solanke (c) and Sane but does have Rashford, Vardy, Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Team I’m playing was set up specifically for GW8 and forgotten about since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm playing a very similar team to mine - Ryan, Soyuncu, double Sheff United defence, Son, Mane, Vardy, Jimi, Ings.

Will come down to 4 battles - TAA vs Chilwell, KDB vs Alli, Traore vs Maddison, captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

For the upcoming gameweek, is there any scenario that I start Martin Kelly ahead of anyone already there?

U3zkOb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

callaway92 wrote: »
    For the upcoming gameweek, is there any scenario that I start Martin Kelly ahead of anyone already there?

U3zkOb.jpg

Similar dilemma with Kelly/Soy.
    Currently starting Kelly, would have more fear of Norwich attack. It's close though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lundy? That’s a close one

I wouldn’t be in agreement over Lundy starting each week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

callaway92 wrote: »
    Similar dilemma with Kelly/Soy.
    Currently starting Kelly, would have more fear of Norwich attack. It's close though

It's Lundstram or Zaha for my money. I've had Zaha for a few weeks now and he's been underwhelming. The only ray of hope is that Palaces excellent fixtures are there for the foreseeable and Zaha will be putting himself in the shop window and might put in a few good shifts.

Personally, I'd leave it as you currently have them set up.

Advertisement