Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

KevIRL wrote: »
    Got a dead team in the cup. He has Solanke (c) and Sane but does have Rashford, Vardy, Salah

My opponent has the triple Liv def of Robertson VVD Gomez. He also has Pepe (c) with Guendozi vc.
    I'm still concerned....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Similar dilemma with Kelly/Soy.
    Currently starting Kelly, would have more fear of Norwich attack. It's close though

No way I would bench soyuncu for a home game. Also he has serious goal threat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

km79 wrote: »
    No way I would bench soyuncu for a home game. Also he has serious goal threat

It's play 2 from Lundy Kelly Soyuncu for me. Lundy is even more of a goal threat and Kelly a bap magnet

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I certainly havent seen this resolve that West Ham have shown, they have 4 clean sheets, three of those come in 3 consectuive gameweeks when Fabianski was inspired, and it was very much the exception and his absence has eroded their confidence big time. Burnley have more clean sheets than West Ham and are poison right now.

I fully agree that Arsenal are a shambles at the back but there are for more obvious dud teams to target. I also have a feeling that last night might very well be the catalyst for an upsurge in Arsenal's form.

And that’s what it’s all about.

You go nuts doing your thing and I’ll go nuts targeting Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

callaway92 wrote: »
    For the upcoming gameweek, is there any scenario that I start Martin Kelly ahead of anyone already there?

U3zkOb.jpg

Palace playing in a Derby match so much chance they could concede

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

callaway92 wrote: »
    For the upcoming gameweek, is there any scenario that I start Martin Kelly ahead of anyone already there?

U3zkOb.jpg

Zaha maybe as close as it gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My cup opponent's team is called "Blink 1 Eto'o." I doff my cap to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Where do you find your cup opponent? I don't see one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Biggest difference between me and my cup opponent is going to be the fact he has Salah Kane mount Jimenez, where I have Mane Abraham vardy and Alli. I would say I'm favorite but they probably captain Salah which could be damaging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

If you qualified it is on the "my team" tab under the list of leagues you are in on the right if you scroll down.

• Advertisement

What was your gw rank last week?
    Had to be in top 4 million to qualify

Technical problem here for dumbo me.

Some legend posted this here earlier in the season. I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s my most important FPL tool.

Once the page loaded it showed fixtures from GW 4 but would update in about 3-5 second and show the current upcoming fixtures.

Now it’s just stuck on GW 4.

Any suggestions ?

https://public.tableau.com/profile/timbayer#!/vizhome/PremierLeagueFixtures1920/PLFixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Some legend posted this here earlier in the season. I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s my most important FPL tool.

Once the page loaded it showed fixtures from GW 4 but would update in about 3-5 second and show the current upcoming fixtures.

Any suggestions ?

https://public.tableau.com/profile/timbayer#!/vizhome/PremierLeagueFixtures1920/PLFixtures

Updating here.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Updating here.

Weird.

Do I do the cookies delete thing ?

Edit - deleted history and cookies and it’s now updating. Thanks for letting me know it was still working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Any suggestions ?

I wish I hadn't seen that why do Bournemouths fixtures look so good after this week... I won't sign wilson I won't sign wilson I won't sign wilson
    I won't sign wilson I won't sign wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I wish I hadn't seen that why do Bournemouths fixtures look so good after this week... I won't sign wilson I won't sign wilson I won't sign wilson
    Callum Wilson pulled his hammy last week

Hamstring gone.

I’d love the above table but just plain and boring with no colours and in alphabetical order.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those table/grids that I agree with in terms of fixture difficulty.

Bournemouth caught my eye too as I’m looking for a Pope replacement but they are currently riddled with injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Tandey

Is it madness to use bench boost in a single game week?

Think I’ve got a decent bench for this week. 3 50/50 calls on who to start which I can’t decide on unusually.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Tandey wrote: »

Think I’ve got a decent bench for this week. 3 50/50 calls on who to start which I can’t decide on unusually.

In a similar position but have question marks around a couple on whether they'll start so will likely hold fire. If you're sure they'll all start I'd say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Not at all. Double gameweeks tend to be when players are rotated anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Not madness at all. If you have a full 15 who you are confident will all start and have decent fixtures then go for it.

Not madness at all. If you have a full 15 who you are confident will all start and have decent fixtures then go for it.

I’ll be doing it
    It just a question of whether I transfer Tomori out
    Or finally get rid of Fredricks

Obviously I’d prefer to keep tomori as he has villa at home and a game next week
    But he may not start.....

Both will eventually be moved on in next two weeks either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nope. I'm a GK away from giving it a go this week. BB normally disappoints, even if you get 20, chances are you've spent a few transfers getting those players in, and have favoured DGW players over better players for the few weeks beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I BBed a few weeks ago. Bumped from 62 to 80 (I think!) so was definitely the right call.

Only downside was one of my CBs - Tarkowski - got zero, but I had him starting anyway so it made no difference.

It was a last minute call which, if I had planned better, I would have prepared for by getting in a second keeper that played but, ultimately, I don't think it made a huge difference.

Last few years, I've tried it in double gameweeks and I've never come anywhere near 60 or 80 because of rotation.

Same with the TC - saved it up for double weeks and it resulted in nothing! Use it in a single week and you might get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    I’ll be doing it
    It just a question of whether I transfer Tomori out
    Or finally get rid of Fredricks

Obviously I’d prefer to keep tomori as he has villa at home and a game next week
    But he may not start.....

Both will eventually be moved on in next two weeks either way

You've been threatening to move Fredricks out since April 2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I got this fella in the fpl cup

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/76697/history

Great rank 60k.
    He has used his free hit, wildcard, Treble captain and Bench Boost already.
    All of which would make you think oh that is the reason.

But on closer inspection -

only 55 scored with his Free HIt, gw 3

Then the very next gameweek wildcarded scored 59 gw 4

Then Treble captained gw 5 only got 6*3 (18)

Then Bench Boost gw 15 yeilded him a whole 3 points extra! :eek:

--

Now that makes his overall rank even more impressive!
    I am obviously playing the game wrong! :confused:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Green&Red wrote: »
    You've been threatening to move Fredricks out since April 2015

And I am not sure I’ll even do it this week now LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Is David Martin (West ham GK) nailed on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bezuaua wrote: »

Yes until Fabianski is back which won’t be until the middle of January I’d say.

His only competition Roberto is absolutely awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

bezuaua wrote: »

No idea they do talk a lot about him on Talksport because he is Alvin Martin's son (former footballer works with the station now.)

Fabinanski is set to be back jan 1.
    Until then I would say he will be OK clean sheet on debut helps!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement