Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Does anyone know when the double game weeks are likely to start? Can’t remember if there was DGWs over the Christmas last year.

Liverpool west ham could have one in January if Villa knock liverpool out of carabou cup.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Wondering if I should bring in Dendoncker or fork out the extra 0.3m for Cantwell?

If you can afford the 0.3m then I’d go Cantwell but only because I’d want him on my bench over the festive.

As your bench is more important now I’d rather have Cantwell coming on than Dendoncker.

Under normal circumstances I’d always buy the cheaper bench fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No City cover since GW12, doubling up on Mane & Salah has paid off for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

PARlance wrote: »
    No City cover since GW12, doubling up on Mane & Salah has paid off for him.

Guy in my league is up at 3k OR and has been slaughtering me with a Mane Salah double up. Paid for by scoring cheaper players I was too posh to get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Champions League Draw

Real Madrid vs Man City
    Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool
    Chelsea vs Bayern Munich
    Tottenham vs RB Leipzig

Europa League Draw

Wolves vs Espanyol
    Olympiacos vs Arsenal
    Club Brugge vs Man United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Good article on Lundstram here (its from a few weeks ago so apologies if already posted!)
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11863421/john-lundstram-i-always-believed-i-would-get-to-the-premier-league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looking like Everton and Arsenal will have new management by the time they play each other.
    Ancelotti to Everton and Arteta to Arsenal. Unfortunately for Arteta he will inherit that defence.

When's the last game week for using the first wildcard?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

When's the last game week for using the first wildcard?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

With the Pool gone to the Middle East is it worth using a FT to go Mane to Grealish do ye reckon?

Grealish has nice fixtures and is picking up points.Gut feeling is to do it.
    Bought Mane for 12.1m .....he’s worth 12.3m at mo so wouldn’t lose much if I had to reverse the transfer later.
    Thanks for any thoughts....have over 1m in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

With the Pool gone to the Middle East is it worth using a FT to go Mane to Grealish do ye reckon?

Bought Mane for 12.1m .....he’s worth 12.3m at mo so wouldn’t lose much if I had to reverse the transfer later.

If you make this transfer then I think you should change your Boards name to ‘bleating lamb to the slaughter’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Sorry, couldn’t help myself!

As 1 week punt, I would say why not! But unless you also have Salah, i don’t think it would be wise to have no Liverpool coverage regardless of their fixtures!

Don’t have Salah but would have choice of either bringing him or Mane back in for festive period.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mane is gone for 1 GW, you talk about Grealish having nice fixtures but then you say about bringing Mane back for the Christmas period which contradicts you keeping Grealish for those fixtures. You havent posted your team either so its hard to give any reasonable answer, do you have players on the bench to cover Mane this week, if so why would you bother wasting the transfer unless you were going to bring in someone like KDB for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Don’t have Salah but would have choice of either bringing him or Mane back in for festive period.

You are taking him out for one game with the intention to (possibly) bring him straight back in.

No chance I’d do it. Use your bench this week and either keep the FT or upgrade a bench option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Axwell wrote: »
    Mane is gone for 1 GW, you talk about Grealish having nice fixtures but then you say about bringing Mane back for the Christmas period which contradicts you keeping Grealish for those fixtures. You havent posted your team either so its hard to give any reasonable answer, do you have players on the bench to cover Mane this week, if so why would you bother wasting the transfer unless you were going to bring in someone like KDB for a few weeks.

Doesn't have to be Grealish sacrificed for getting Mane back the following week with the money available.

Axwell wrote: »

Stuck my current squad up there on this Gameweeks transfer thread....appreciate any thoughts on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Xterminator

did many people transfer out liverpool players?

I have trent and salah, and i would lose 300k if i sell them this week and get them back next week at current prices. So im benching almost 20 million this week of liverpool assets, rather than spend -4 on 2 transfers and lose 300k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,512 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don’t sell anyone you will want back next week. Bench them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Wilder confirms Jack Rodwell is training with the club and a deal could be done. The 28-year-old has not played competitively since April. "We’re looking at a couple of signings to help us after January. We need to be strong, have cover and some competition within the squad." #SUFC

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Wilder confirms Jack Rodwell is training with the club and a deal could be done. The 28-year-old has not played competitively since April. "We’re looking at a couple of signings to help us after January. We need to be strong, have cover and some competition within the squad." #SUFC

giphy.gif

He can link up and hang with Ravel Morrison on match days sure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Stuck my current squad up there on this Gameweeks transfer thread....appreciate any thoughts on it.

Not recently. Do the decent thing and repost it if your looking for info & not have folk search for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Lads what are the thoughts on doubling up on Alli & Son? Not quiet sold on it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Lads what are the thoughts on doubling up on Alli & Son? Not quiet sold on it myself
    Well spurs are at home I guess but I think De Bruyne and Rashford are more on form ,those are the two players I'm Captaining and vice captain.

I have Alli and he does well against Chelsea but I'm sticking to my guns here with De Bruyne and Rashford.

This week is probably the hardest gameweek to pick captains so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

They discussed this on the FPL top guns pod, it’s AZ and Luke from the Scoutcast. They both agreed that they wouldn’t spend a fifth of their budget on spurs assets, that they can’t be relied upon to deliver every week as a team. But they both agreed Lucas + one of them could be a good option.

Confirmation bias for me as I have Alli & Lucas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Green&Red wrote: »
    They discussed this on the FPL top guns pod, it’s AZ and Luke from the Scoutcast. They both agreed that they wouldn’t spend a fifth of their budget on spurs assets, that they can’t be relied upon to deliver every week as a team. But they both agreed Lucas + one of them could be a good option.

Confirmation bias for me as I have Alli & Lucas
    If they're scoring, what does it matter where they come from. If Spurs were struggling in front of goal then obviously it'd be a different story, but they're 2 of the top 5 form players in the game. I never bought the argument that doubling up is bad in case they have a bad game. I think of it the opposite way. With Alli and Son, if one team (Spurs) scores, they're both likely to score points. If I have, say, Son and Martial/Richarlison/Maddison - well that's 2 teams that I need to score (or that could draw blanks). Bit of a glass half full thing I guess.

And anyway, they're not at superstar prices, you can easily afford all of KDB, Rashford, Vardy, Son, Alli into a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If they're scoring, what does it matter where they come from. If Spurs were struggling in front of goal then obviously it'd be a different story, but they're 2 of the top 5 form players in the game. I never bought the argument that doubling up is bad in case they have a bad game. I think of it the opposite way. With Alli and Son, if one team (Spurs) scores, they're both likely to score points. If I have, say, Son and Martial/Richarlison/Maddison - well that's 2 teams that I need to score (or that could draw blanks). Bit of a glass half full thing I guess.

And anyway, they're not at superstar prices, you can easily afford all of KDB, Rashford, Vardy, Son, Alli into a team.

But then where is the room for Mane/Salah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Green&Red wrote: »
    But then where is the room for Mane/Salah?
    Currently have

Pope
    Aurier / Soyuncu / Lundstram (Kelly / Rico)
    KDB / Mane / Son / Alli (Cantwell)
    Rashford / Abraham / Vardy

It's not that hard to fit them all in this year, in the past we'd be trying to fit in 2 of Aguero/Kane/Auba/Lukaku etc up top, plus some premium defenders so we've really got about an extra 5/6m to spend on midfielders this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I have a midfield of Alli, Son, Mane and KDB and I'm struggling with the conundrum of keeping both or downgrading one to Moura.

It puts me in mind of the Friends episode were Ross has a dilemma of choosing between Rachel and Julie... and Chandler chips in -

Oh, I know. This must be so hard. "Oh, no! Two women love me. They're both gorgeous and sexy. My wallet's too small for my fifties, and my diamond shoes are too tight!"

Or better yet;

Oh, I know. This must be so hard. "Oh, no! Two spurs players in my midfield. They're both scoring goals and assists. My wallet's too small for my fifties, and my diamond shoes are too tight!"

Advertisement