Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Personally I wouldn't sacrifice Vardy though (even just in the short term). Which then probably means sacrificing KdB or one of Manè/Salah. Tricky choice. If any, maybe KdB might be the one, only because Dilva is back and that will probably see KdB play deeper. Risky move though ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

manual_man wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't sacrifice Vardy though (even just in the short term). Which then probably means sacrificing KdB or one of Manè/Salah. Tricky choice. If any, maybe KdB might be the one, only because Dilva is back and that will probably see KdB play deeper. Risky move though ...

KDB was ridiculousy Deep in his last match, completely defeated the point of owning him. Problem with Dilva is that he won't always start so it's impossible to know of KDB will be advanced or deep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Chesty08 wrote: »
    He got the nod over Jesus for Wolves but was withdraw after 10 minutes when Ederson got sent off. He started the next game v Sheff Utd and scored.

Jesus missed the Wolves game though illness. I have Aguero myself but I'll be moving him on to fund a move for Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

siblers wrote: »
    KDB was ridiculousy Deep in his last match, completely defeated the point of owning him. Problem with Dilva is that he won't always start so it's impossible to know of KDB will be advanced or deep

Totally Agree with this, for the DGW I am looking at shipping KDB out, makes it a lot easier for me to get Salah in, can always reverse if needs be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

manual_man wrote: »
    Aguero for a punt if you're looking to make ground? Sure why not. But longer term Kane or Auba are probably the better picks. But short-term, with good fixtures and before the CL starts back, yeah I can see the argument for Aguero

Kane has pulled his hamstring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

siblers wrote: »

https://twitter.com/FPLGeneral/status/1214152499751538688?s=19

Edit: it's a bit of a skewed argument as city play so high up the pitch anyway. Worth keeping an eye on for a week or 2 with gw24 in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

https://twitter.com/FPLGeneral/status/1214152499751538688?s=19

Edit: it's a bit of a skewed argument as city play so high up the pitch anyway. Worth keeping an eye on for a week or 2 with gw24 in mind

Will hold him for the time being, not too many options out there that will match him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pep has said everyone is training bar Leroy Sane.
    Basically he has a full squad.

Who is the main man up front for Sheffield United ?

Points say Mousset but minutes say McGoldrick.

Edit - I’m more interested in which of their strikers will spend most time on the pitch. Not who’s the best or most talented striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Edit - I’m more interested in which of their strikers will spend most time on the pitch. Not who’s the best or most talented striker.

Seems to be McGoldrick plus another most games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

McGoldrick so. He's been excellent this season anytime I've watched them in the build up play, running his bóllox off to track players down. V important player and their fans love him apparently.

From FPL perspective, no goals and 2 assists but he'll play each and every game once he's fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Yeah McGoldrick is very important to the team and will play when fit, he just doesn't offer much of a goalscoring threat unfortunately.

This might be an unpopular statement but I think Southampton could keep Leicester scoreless at the weekend. They lost 9-0 to them earlier in the season and will be all out to prove a point. Over the Christmas period they had the second best form after Liverpool, 10pts from 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Green&Red wrote: »
    This might be an unpopular statement but I think Southampton could keep Leicester scoreless at the weekend. They lost 9-0 to them earlier in the season and will be all out to prove a point. Over the Christmas period they had the second best form after Liverpool, 10pts from 12

Southampton have been improving greatly defending too so not beyond the realms of possibility.

I should be captaining Vardy without thinking but I've doubts seeping in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Ndidi is a huge loss and potentially Maddison is injured too. Not sure I wholly trust Praet/Barnes, Perez and Tielemans to service Vardy consistently and Choudory is not Ndidi so Saints midfielders won't be completely over-run. Ings comes back into the equation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am now doubting everything I was about to do LOL

km79 wrote: »
    I am now doubting everything I was about to do LOL

I sold Vardy two weeks ago and have Ings so it could just be wishful thinking on my behalf

There strikers always get taken off in nearly every game in the 60-70 minute bracket, and there is some rotation with them at times, just not worth it, as an ex owner of mousset

Edit: not as bad as I was remembering, looking back now, but ya McGoldrick seems to get more minutes if thats the interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

And to think you said that my comment about Liverpool last week made me a troll...

Leicester have failed to score only 3 times this season in all competitions - first game of season against Wolves, Against United and then against Liverpool. so 3 blanks in about 27 games. Maybe they will blank v Southampton but the odds are that they won't. You have also mentioned other times that you don't have Vardy, so you view is always going to be skewed.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    And to think you said that my comment about Liverpool last week made me a troll...

Leicester have failed to score only 3 times this season in all competitions - first game of season against Wolves, Against United and then against Liverpool. so 3 blanks in about 27 games. Maybe they will blank v Southampton but the odds are that they won't. You have also mentioned other times that you don't have Vardy, so you view is always going to be skewed.

Ya not really the same. I think Southampton can shut out Leicester, you had Liverpool losing two games and city being 5 points behind them

Good to see you’ve let that go though

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299dbca6c7a10b76ad88a82932efa79fc9f1e7d5ab&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Let it go in frozen did not mean what people use it for......
    Let it go, let it, I'm not holding back any more

It appears I am not alone a woman after all but a sad one!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

What is the chance of Greenwood starting against Norwich?
    He started his last home game vs Newcastle (got a goal) and was probably United's best player mid-week vs City. Between him and James for the RW.

Mulling over starting him and benching Alli instead :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Am i mad benching Ings (Lei A) & Grealish (City H) to play 5 defenders. All at home bar Gomez. Just think it might be a low goalscoring week among the lesser teams....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

He started his last home game vs Newcastle (got a goal) and was probably United's best player mid-week vs City. Between him and James for the RW.

I have him starting myself with Kelly (ARS), Cantwell (mun) and Montoya (eve) on the bench.

I'd say it'll be Rashford, Martial, James with Pereira behind. Greenwood will get minutes and at that, I'd take a chance with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,512 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I have him starting myself with Kelly (ARS), Cantwell (mun) and Montoya (eve) on the bench.

I'd say it'll be Rashford, Martial, James with Pereira behind. Greenwood will get minutes and at that, I'd take a chance with him.

I’ve the same conundrum between him and Adama and I’m asking myself if I should continue to own Adama if I don’t select him in that decision.

James BADLY BADLY needs a rest
    He has hit a wall understandably
    Greenwood has been excellent and deserves a start
    So bearing all that in mind OGS will of course start James.
    Greenwood will surely play at least 20/30 mins though......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »

They struggled mideweek with a full strength team, tough game in horrible conditions, I agree Southampton will have a massive point to prove. The 9-0 was the turning point of their season, they've really kicked on since then, bit of a cup final for them. I'll be playing Vardy but won't be captaining him.

If ur not starting Adama this weekend then when will you start him? Newcastle are decimated with injuries. Jimi is a top C pick, madness not to start him IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,512 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If ur not starting Adama this weekend then when will you start him? Newcastle are decimated with injuries. Jimi is a top C pick, madness not to start him IMO

Agreed, that’s if I decide not to start him this week, I will have to be simultaneously considering his inclusion going forward.

But I’m currently on
    KDB
    Mane
    Salah
    Grealish
    Vardy
    Abraham

Given Grealish’s recent form and City not being a defensive stronghold at all, it’s hard to see how the remaining spot isn’t a tossup between Traore and Greenwood.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Agreed, that’s if I decide not to start him this week, I will have to be simultaneously considering his inclusion going forward.

But I’m currently on
    KDB
    Mane
    Salah
    Grealish
    Vardy
    Abraham

Given Grealish’s recent form and City not being a defensive stronghold at all, it’s hard to see how the remaining spot isn’t a tossup between Traore and Greenwood.

Answered in other thread but basically do not bench traore

In my own team I actually have benched Grealish for Zaha and I am not comfortable with it. Kind of hoping I get news Zaha is out so I can sell him for fodder a week early

Advertisement