Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He played just fine for a player who is listed as a defender and is waving his hand up few times in a game while running into the penalty area.

I don't think that 63% would go against him watching the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Is that your only consideration for a midfielder ?

Did you watch the game ?

Have you watched much of Sheffield United this season ?

Yes and I’m still watching as chris wilder is complaining about his team giving the ball away cheaply in the second half in his post match sky interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Yes and I’m still watching as chris wilder is complaining about his team giving the ball away cheaply in the second half in his post match sky interview.

Did he give it away cheaply? Changing a successful formula would be risky.

Do you own Lundstram ?

Or any of their players ?

dsmythy wrote: »
    Did he give it away cheaply? Changing a successful formula would be risky.

Well he gave it away more than 1 time in every 3 times he had it. He wasn’t great tonight. Probably under a little more pressure from Besic. That’s all.

• Advertisement

Do you own Lundstram ?

Or any of their players ?

Yes I do own him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well he gave it away more than 1 time in every 3 times he had it. He wasn’t great tonight. Probably under a little more pressure from Besic. That’s all.

They are different types of players
    I got the feeling he was trying to protect the lead by bringing on Besic
    I’m fine with lundstram going off when they are a goal up after 60 minutes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lundstram has been outstanding all season, a couple of misplaced passes isn't going to lose him his place.

Lundstram has been outstanding all season, a couple of misplaced passes isn't going to lose him his place.

Aye, just wouldn’t want to make a habit of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Found Cartman78s' excel sheet from last year.

Updated it for the remaining fixtures.

The key input column D, put in the corresponding 3 letters for teams to see fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Legend

Is that in reference to me or F1ngers??? ;)

My Excel crown has indeed slipped....don’t use it at all at work now so would stick out like a sore thumb if I was fannying about with a fixture planner all day.

Anyway, great work by F1ngers....my legal team will be in touch regarding royalties etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pepe Reina to Aston Villa until end of season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    I would play Traore and agree re Norwich results but Norwich won't sit back and that will suit United.

Bottled my Martial or Rashford captain pick when I seen the captain poll / Vardy %. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bottled my Martial or Rashford captain pick when I seen the captain poll / Vardy %. Ah well.

I had the balls to go through with the Jimenez captain pick. Didn't work out any better than you.

To win you need the balls and the intelligence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

No bonus for Martial so not a huge loss by not captaining him. I captained him but frustrated with no bonus, no assist and only one goal

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Well that's a bit extreme.

Aguero currently has the same amount of goals as Salah and 1 less than Mane. He is 10 PL goals this season.

He started the season scoring in 6 straight games.

Like mentioned, it could be argued that his fitness is the reason he didnt start over Christmas. I do think Pep will priortise the Champions League but that is not til March. By prioritising he will need to get Aguero up to speed. I can see Aguero playing more then Jesus.

On the flip side he is capable of hitting the 2 & 3 goals a game more so then Mane & Salah and should he be rested you always have the VC and a sub to come in.

If I do bring him in, it is for C reason (with the exception of DGW24 when it is Salah)

I am so mad with myself!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bit of advice if possible

Usually a conservative player, late WC and usually win my ML but about 40 behind leader now in second

He has a very solid team with most of the template picks, Mane, Ryan, Robbo, Lund, Soy, Vardy, Martial etc.

Hard to see me catching him barring a great change after the WC.

Am I best to keep plugging away getting the "best" players? Or is a possible early WC or risky approach better with differentials to his?

Game is feeling very boring at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

40 points is nothing... plug away for another 8-10 weeks then it's differential time during the final 5-6 weeks. Just concentrate on staying with him for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Bit of advice if possible

Usually a conservative player, late WC and usually win my ML but about 40 behind leader now in second

He has a very solid team with most of the template picks, Mane, Ryan, Robbo, Lund, Soy, Vardy, Martial etc.

Hard to see me catching him barring a great change after the WC.

Am I best to keep plugging away getting the "best" players? Or is a possible early WC or risky approach better with differentials to his?

Game is feeling very boring at the moment

Agree 40 points is nothing even if you have identical teams right now so much will happen just a few better transfers more than close that gap in very little time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’m getting very worried that I’ve the wrong Liverpool mid

I kept Mane on the WC cause I’ve had him all season and have the value but I think Salah is the one to have. Tempted to swap them before GW24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

anyone know why my ream is only worth 98m and ive no money in the bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Seve OB wrote: »

Can you post your team?

Your players prob have decreased in value if you haven't been using it much.

Losing 2 mil seems like a lot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Played wildcard last week with the view of playing the bench boost soon and looking at the potential bench next week I'm thinking this might be the week worth playing it.

Bench would look like Foster (v. Tottenham at home). Cantwell (v. Bournmouth at home), Chilwell (v. Burnley away), Lundstram ( v. Arsenal away)

Kind of eager to play it so I can downgrade the bench to upgrade the first team again so seems like a good week to play it to me. Any opinions appreciated.

macraignil wrote: »
    Played wildcard last week with the view of playing the bench boost soon and looking at the potential bench next week I'm thinking this might be the week worth playing it.

Bench would look like Foster (v. Tottenham at home). Cantwell (v. Bournmouth at home), Chilwell (v. Burnley away), Lundstram ( v. Arsenal away)

Kind of eager to play it so I can downgrade the bench to upgrade the first team again so seems like a good week to play it to me. Any opinions appreciated.

That is a very strong bench and it is a very good reason to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Can you post your team?

Your players prob have decreased in value if you haven't been using it much.

Losing 2 mil seems like a lot though.
    Actually this is the first year where I have regularly changed team.
    But some of my players were worth more now than I paid for them and I’m not getting the benefit back that way

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Go to your transfer page, select list view.
    This will tell your the purchase price(PP), current price(CP) and selling price(SP).

You'll find out quick enough where your team value went.

As suggested, post your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Seve OB wrote: »

Stick to the Golf buddy :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Interesting chat on the renegades pod re City assets. Basically because of the DGW in 24 and City more than likely having a blank GW in 28 people are unlikely to bring them in making them massive differentials. Aguero's EO in the top 10k last weekend was 3%. I know hes risen this week but the EO is still going to be 5-6%.
    They were advocating not bringing in city assets but as an Aguero owner its music to my ears.
    Palace (H)
    Sheff U (A)
    Spurs (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Leicester (A)

I'll probably captain him v Palace, Spurs and West Ham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Green&Red wrote: »
    Interesting chat on the renegades pod re City assets. Basically because of the DGW in 24 and City more than likely having a blank GW in 28 people are unlikely to bring them in making them massive differentials. Aguero's EO in the top 10k last weekend was 3%. I know hes risen this week but the EO is still going to be 5-6%.
    They were advocating not bringing in city assets but as an Aguero owner its music to my ears.
    Palace (H)
    Sheff U (A)
    Spurs (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Leicester (A)

I'll probably captain him v Palace, Spurs and West Ham

He loves playing spurs!

Advertisement