Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Green&Red wrote: »
    Interesting chat on the renegades pod re City assets. Basically because of the DGW in 24 and City more than likely having a blank GW in 28 people are unlikely to bring them in making them massive differentials. Aguero's EO in the top 10k last weekend was 3%. I know hes risen this week but the EO is still going to be 5-6%.
    They were advocating not bringing in city assets but as an Aguero owner its music to my ears.
    Palace (H)
    Sheff U (A)
    Spurs (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Leicester (A)

I'll probably captain him v Palace, Spurs and West Ham

There have been a few posts in here and elsewhere about City's bad fixtures coming up, but realistically only Liverpool is a bad fixture for City. They score 2+ goals in pretty much every game they play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dr. Bre wrote:
    He loves playing spurs!

I don't think his record recently is quite as good as it was 3-5 years ago.

In saying that, the way spurs are offering up chances I think he'll have a field day this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I don't think his record recently is quite as good as it was 3-5 years ago.

In saying that, the way spurs are offering up chances I think he'll have a field day this time around.
    Aguero seems to still be affected points potential-wise when Sterling starts. He seems to go wild when Raheem is not playing, like at Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Aguero seems to still be affected points potential-wise when Sterling starts. He seems to go wild when Raheem is not playing, like at Villa.

Is there more stats to back this up? What teams did he go wild against when Raheem wasn't playing? I'd have put this down to Villa being absolutely woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Is there more stats to back this up? What teams did he go wild against when Raheem wasn't playing? I'd have put this down to Villa being absolutely woeful.
    Don't have any stats for you off the top of my head but I believe this has been the case for the last couple of seasons? Maybe some other boardies can give a better answer. :pac:

I do remember Sterling outperforming Aguero in pretty much every gameweek at home last season for points when the two started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Don't have any stats for you off the top of my head but I believe this has been the case for the last couple of seasons? Maybe some other boardies can give a better answer. :pac:

I do remember Sterling outperforming Aguero in pretty much every gameweek at home last season for points when the two started.

GW6 is the only other GW Sterling has missed, Aguero got a goal and assist, 9pts, in the 8-0 v Watford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Green&Red wrote: »
    GW6 is the only other GW Sterling has missed, Aguero got a goal and assist, 9pts, in the 8-0 v Watford

Poor Raheem missing all the hidings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »

Maybe he's the reason they don't give hidings to other teams...

dsmythy wrote: »
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Maybe he's the reason they don't give hidings to other teams...

He's too busy hiding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This is not true, it can’t be. He has 13 league goals this year & id say Sterling was on the field in 8 of those goals.

Similar to last year they both played 30+ games so more chance they are on the field together & on the field when other scored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jesus is eating into agueros gametime a lot more this year. Its no surprise as aguero is now 31 and although aguero is still better Jesus is more than good enough to fill in. Anyone that captained/owned last week got a great boost. He was nearly nailed on to play after not playing the midweek and was up against a really poor defence. For the majority that missed out I dont see a reason unless you want to take a big risk for going for him . I reckon he starts sat and is benched v sheff utd or vice versa. If I had a transfer to spare for a city player it would be mahrez as at 8.4 compared to nearly 12 million
    I could stomach the benching unncertainty. All you need to do is go back a previous Gw when people brought in aguero for Everton at home and he didnt get on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jesus is eating into agueros gametime a lot more this year. Its no surprise as aguero is now 31 and although aguero is still better Jesus is more than good enough to fill in. Anyone that captained/owned last week got a great boost. He was nearly nailed on to play after not playing the midweek and was up against a really poor defence. For the majority that missed out I dont see a reason unless you want to take a big risk for going for him . I reckon he starts sat and is benched v sheff utd or vice versa. If I had a transfer to spare for a city player it would be mahrez as at 8.4 compared to nearly 12 million
    I could stomach the benching unncertainty. All you need to do is go back a previous Gw when people brought in aguero for Everton at home and he didnt get on the pitch.

You're really setting yourself up for these!

I've brought him in, I think having a decent bench in case of rotation is key but that's fairly attainable. "Gambling" on Aguero is a gamble I love taking and it offers a huge potential. I'm just gutted I didn't bring him in for the Everton GW when I was going to. I would have had a sub that week and he would have gotten the armband last week. His EO is just too low for me to resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I would agree with all this
    Having said that I may not be able to resist when I wildcard
    Given the options in both midfield and forwards I could go big in the middle or up top or a combo of both !

I get the argument about benching BUT when you have him he is captain material almost every single week, and he doesn't tend to get subbed on. So when he does start hes more likely than not to get points and you're more likely than not to have him captained

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I could bring Aguero in for this GW as I have 5m in the bank but it would mean I need to transfer him back out and take a hit to get Salah in for the double

Tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    You're really setting yourself up for these!

I've brought him in, I think having a decent bench in case of rotation is key but that's fairly attainable. "Gambling" on Aguero is a gamble I love taking and it offers a huge potential. I'm just gutted I didn't bring him in for the Everton GW when I was going to. I would have had a sub that week and he would have gotten the armband last week. His EO is just too low for me to resist.

You can thank me later when he hauls again this week. Will revisit the post again in 6 gws and see whats happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Press conferences:

Bruce - 8:45am
    Howe - 9am
    Solskjaer - 9:30am
    Mourinho - 1pm
    Santo - 1pm
    Dyche - 1:15pm
    Lampard - 1:15pm
    Hodgson - 1:15pm
    Farke - 1:15pm
    Ancelotti - 1:30pm
    Rodgers - 1:30pm
    Klopp - 1:30pm
    Guardiola - 1:30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

So with Liverpool possibly able to wrap up the league early and I'm pretty sure I heard pep say champs league and cups will become priority I wonder if it's a case for using chips early as some games could end up having big players (aguero, Salah etc) being rested closer to the end of the season

Just wondering what peoples stats are like for yellow cards, I felt at the start of the season that I got a huge amount of yellows, its eased off recently
    Looked at FPL Statistico, interesting that I've only benched 2 goals, 1 assist and one CS, probably shows how weak I've left my bench more than anything

Goals 71 2
    Assists 48 1
    Clean Sheets 37 1
    Own Goals 0 0
    Red Cards 0 0
    Yellow Cards 30 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Saw this on Twitter, if every pair of Liverpool games so far this season had been a double gameweek (eg GW1/GW2), how would each of their big hitters have performed. Food for thought for those of us using the TC chip

bQc7H4ol.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I feel happier that I have Salah, Mane and TAA looking at that but no wiser who to TC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I feel happier that I have Salah, Mane and TAA looking at that but no wiser who to TC

Same, would be disappointed if all 3 of them don't hit double figures this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    So with Liverpool possibly able to wrap up the league early and I'm pretty sure I heard pep say champs league and cups will become priority I wonder if it's a case for using chips early as some games could end up having big players (aguero, Salah etc) being rested closer to the end of the season

We need Liverpool to stay unbeaten. If they want to go the season unbeaten they will have to field a strong side mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Saw this on Twitter, if every pair of Liverpool games so far this season had been a double gameweek (eg GW1/GW2), how would each of their big hitters have performed. Food for thought for those of us using the TC chip

bQc7H4ol.png

Looking at that Mane is the most consistent, closely followed by Trent who is a step up on any other defender. However what needs to be taken into consideration is Liverpool’s form since Allison came back & they tightened like their old selves.

With that, I can only see 1 DGW where both matches where away & the defenders came out on top

With that, I think TAA is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It's Salah for me.

Firstly, I'm ruling out going for a defender, TAA - the Leicester game was likely a freak occurrence and I don't think he is likely to truly explode the way the attackers will. He is obviously an attacking threat but I'd fancy him for no more than one assist - if you look at his record this year that's what he's roughly averaging, an assist every two games, which is obviously phenomenal for a defender but still would arguably show where his ceiling likely is. Just 2 goals, a free kick and the counter against Leicester. His main attacking threat is the assists of course. Then of course he's likely to get cleany points, but all it takes is one goal to burst that.

TAA could well outscore the two attackers with a couple of cleanies and Salah/Mane blanking, but ultimately if he does it will not likely be a devastating haul. Salah and Mane are more likely to explode imo, and explosivity is what you're often looking for with your captain. There's a reason we never captain defenders (though certainly TAA has some of the most attacking potential we've seen from a defender and probably challenges this basic principal like no other defender has before).

This is a long way of saying that if you're wrong with TAA it's going to likely hurt you a lot more than if you're wrong with Salah/Mane.

So it's Salah vs Mane for me. On all counts Salah edges it:

- Form - Salah scoring better than Mane in recent games
    - Eye test - Salah looking that bit sharper and more involved
    - XG/XA 90 - Salah slightly better on both counts
    - Positioning - Salah getting the lone CF counter attacking role late in games (e.g. the United goal)
    - History - as much as people will tell you Mane is as good as or better than Salah, Salah has outscored him in FF the last two seasons (matched each other on goals last season but Salah outscored him comfortably on assists). This year Mane is slightly ahead but only very very slightly when you account for minutes played and Salah was struggling with an injury earlier this season.

There's very little to choose between them, but imo on all the things you'd be looking at to make your judgement Salah is just a very slightly better option right now.

Mane and TAA could easily outscore him, but I'm struggling to find an argument for either of them being better options right now.

My only argument for TAA is that I have both Salah/Mane, whereas a lot would have two Pool defenders and just one of Salah/Mane. Captaining TAA could spread my load around so that essentially I have a double Liverpool defence and I'm arguably quite well covered in attack anyway, but I still am happier going with Salah overall especially when we're talking about triple captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Morzadec wrote:
    It's Salah for me.

Good post even if it's not what I want to hear (Mane owner).

Also worth adding to your post that Salah is also on penalties.

Morzadec - excellent post and your point about captaining TAA to spread your risk makes sense. I do agree that Salah is more appealing than Mane, in fact I’d consider a -4 to switch them

I’ve said before that I think Liverpool will tighten up. 2 x 1-0 and 2 x 2-0 in the last four. They’re not going to stuff teams, especially away from home. I can see one goal, and then like yesterday pushing for a second but deciding to close up shop after 60. That plays into defenders getting BPS

Liverpool are on seven CSs in a row, if we had Mane or Salah on seven goals in a row we wouldn’t even think about it, armband straight away.

Nobody considering Bobby considering his away record this year?

TAA / Salah / Firmino ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Nobody considering Bobby considering his away record this year?

TAA / Salah / Firmino ?

I am and maybe even tc on Bobby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Looking at the chart if you take the last 6 or so GWs alone you could have any of the above and they've a good chance to score well. It will be ultimately a slice of luck as to who scores the biggest.

Advertisement