Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

razorblunt wrote: »
    That's a good signing. If he's 4.5 he's a buy. (Pieters)

Jay Rod, too, if he can stay injury free.

He's in at 4.5 with mings. 6.5 for tielemans looks cheap too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pieters is one to watch in preseason now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

He's in at 4.5 with mings. 6.5 for tielemans looks cheap too

I’d rather Perez at 6.5 but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

6.5m for Tielemans seems like crazy good value.

I'm torn between him and Maddison now. I know I'll pick the wrong one! I guess Maddison is on set pieces which may swing him in my favour.

I'm personally not sold on Perez at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

km79 wrote: »
    Pieters is one to watch in preseason now
    Yes some decent value in the Burnley defence this season I reckon. I read that they will listen to offers for Heaton and Hart which would suggest that Pope will be first choice keeper.

Anyone have any thoughts on Lloyd Kelly signed by Bournemouth, a decent shout at 4.5 if he is first choice?

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    6.5m for Tielemans seems like crazy good value.

I'm torn between him and Maddison now. I know I'll pick the wrong one! I guess Maddison is on set pieces which may swing him in my favour.

I'm personally not sold on Perez at all.
    Leicester are currently building a good squad, I'd expect them to push for top 6. With the likes of Maddison, Perez, Gray, Barnes and Ghezzal all being more advanced players, I'd expect Tielemans to be sitting deeper with Ndidi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Will Giroud be Chelsea's main striker? 7 million seems great value if he is.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Yes some decent value in the Burnley defence this season I reckon. I read that they will listen to offers for Heaton and Hart which would suggest that Pope will be first choice keeper.

Anyone have any thoughts on Lloyd Kelly signed by Bournemouth, a decent shout at 4.5 if he is first choice?
    Bournemouth defender
    No
    Thank
    You

Bournemouth defender
    No
    Thank
    You

I reckon Bournemouth will do well this season, assuming they don't lose anyone, they have a settle squad and players who should improve from last season. Ake and Mepham at CB and no more Steve Cook should make them a bit more solid at the back. They have two young new full backs who will hopefully be better than what was there last season and offer a bit more going forward too.

I reckon Bournemouth will do well this season, assuming they don't lose anyone, they have a settle squad and players who should improve from last season. Ake and Mepham at CB and no more Steve Cook should make them a bit more solid at the back. They have two young new full backs who will hopefully be better than what was there last season and offer a bit more going forward too.
    I heard this last year
    Last time I checked Eddie Howe was still manager and still not interested in defending
    Even when Boruc was a 4 ml playing keeper I resisted and was happy I did
    It’s a hell no for me
    Just hope I pick the right attacker at start of season from them
    I know I won’t

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I heard this last year
    Last time I checked Eddie Howe was still manager and still not interested in defending
    It’s a hell no for me
    I know I won’t

Things were so much simpler when Wilson was injured.....

....and when King was a mid.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Things were so much simpler when Wilson was injured.....

....and when King was a mid.

I currently have king

@FullTimeDEVILS: Mario Lemina has been given permission to speak with Manchester United ahead of a potential £18.5m move, according to @TimesSport. #mufc https://twitter.com/FullTimeDEVILS/status/1148640734343573504/photo/1

5ml

Diego Costa close to signing for wolves......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I heard this last year
    It’s a hell no for me
    I know I won’t

Bournemouth kept 10 clean sheets last season

Burnley kept 8 and you recommend Pieters

An attacking Bournemouth full back for 4.5 is a much better option

Nuts102 wrote: »

Yep Burnley were stink last year .Europa really affected them . So I didn’t own any of their defenders all season. Sadly I owned Steve cook for a good bit of it .
    Burnley do not have Europa this season so I am banking on them going back to type as they did a little second half of the season last year .
    I did not recommend Pieters. I pointed out he had been signed and was 4.5. I am considering him as they have a decent start .
    How do the clean sheets compare for the year before under the same manager................
    One thing I liked about Burnley is you could nearly predict their clean sheets.
    There is no predicting anything with Bournemouth
    Annoying team

Yep Burnley were stink last year .Europa really affected them . So I didn’t own any of their defenders all season. Sadly I owned Steve cook for a good bit of it .
    Burnley do not have Europa this season so I am banking on them going back to type as they did a little second half of the season last year .
    I did not recommend Pieters. I pointed out he had been signed and was 4.5. I am considering him as they have a decent start .
    How do the clean sheets compare for the year before under the same manager................
    One thing I liked about Burnley is you could nearly predict their clean sheets.
    There is no predicting anything with Bournemouth
    Annoying team

Burnley didn't qualify for the group stages of the Europa league I don't think you can blame Europe for the drop in clean sheets

Bournemouth went from 6 to 10 clean sheets and are improving each season under the same manager

Burnley went from 14 down to 8

I would rather focus on last season which shows Bournemouth are improving and Burnley regressed

Bournemouth at home are very attacking and the full backs have potential for assists and goals

You pointed out Pieters and dismissed Bournemouth defenders which I find amusing as Bournemouth are improving defensively each season

Burnley didn't qualify for the group stages of the Europa league I don't think you can blame Europe for the drop in clean sheets

Bournemouth went from 6 to 10 clean sheets and are improving each season under the same manager

I would rather focus on last season which shows Bournemouth are improving and Burnley regressed

Bournemouth at home are very attacking and the full backs have potential for assists and goals

You pointed out Pieters and dismissed Bournemouth defenders which I find amusing as Bournemouth are improving defensively each season

I know all about their full backs “potential “ for assists and goals
    I am still waiting for charlie Daniels to deliver them !!!
    A quick look at last season again shows their full backs didn’t deliver much in the way of attacking points despite looking like they would

I would tentatively back Burnley to keep more clean sheets but I’m only looking at opening 4/5 games as I always do . I will reassess after that
    With the news of Heaton going to Villa I’ll prob end up with Pope instead of a defender now anyway which is what I wanted

The initial point was that Bournemouth have signed two young full backs this summer and they are cheap. They are a good team for bringing through young players so I am hoping that at least one will settle into the team and add to it. In terms of cs potential plus the odd attacking return, I don't see anything better at 4.5.

As mentioned, Pope looks a good option for a keeper now as he should get cs against bottom half teams. I'll probably go with him and another and rotate for a total keeper spend of 9 rather than a premium and spend 9.5 or 10 for only one keeper option.

Double post.

• Advertisement

The initial point was that Bournemouth have signed two young full backs this summer and they are cheap. They are a good team for bringing through young players so I am hoping that at least one will settle into the team and add to it. In terms of cs potential plus the odd attacking return, I don't see anything better at 4.5.

As mentioned, Pope looks a good option for a keeper now as he should get cs against bottom half teams. I'll probably go with him and another and rotate for a total keeper spend of 9 rather than a premium and spend 9.5 or 10 for only one keeper option.

Heaton rotates reasonably well with him

I know all about their full backs “potential “ for assists and goals
    I am still waiting for charlie Daniels to deliver them !!!
    A quick look at last season again shows their full backs didn’t deliver much in the way of attacking points despite looking like they would

I would tentatively back Burnley to keep more clean sheets but I’m only looking at opening 4/5 games as I always do . I will reassess after that
    With the news of Heaton going to Villa I’ll prob end up with Pope instead of a defender now anyway which is what I wanted

I immediately thought Burnely for defenders also but from watching them last season and not being busy in work I had a look at the stats

I recall them being more attacking last season than previous seasons maybe due to having better players and the game at Old Trafford where they were very attacking is what springs to mind

They went from 36 goals to 45 last season
    39 conceded to 68 last season

All indicates to me and from what I watched they are more attacking than two seasons ago

Pope may be good for saves but for me a Bournemouth defender is much more likely to score higher

But I could be totally wrong I usually am when it comes to fantasy football

Just looking at fixture ticker for first 6 weeks (the max before I wildcard) there could be serious value in Chelsea. Picking the right player/s will be the problem though. Giroud could solve an awful lot of headaches for me.....

At the momentI only have one City player (KDB) and after GW3 i will be very very nervous about that. They have a lovely run of fixtures then......and Pool's turn around gw 6 so that could be my time. I am still considering Laporte over second pool defender though (VVD) but that could be dangerous.
    I am typing this out mainly for my own notes so it is basically a ramble :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just looking at fixture ticker for first 6 weeks (the max before I wildcard) there could be serious value in Chelsea. Picking the right player/s will be the problem though. Giroud could solve an awful lot of headaches for me.....

At the momentI only have one City player (KDB) and after GW3 i will be very very nervous about that. They have a lovely run of fixtures then......and Pool's turn around gw 6 so that could be my time. I am still considering Laporte over second pool defender though (VVD) but that could be dangerous.
    I am typing this out mainly for my own notes so it is basically a ramble :D

Are you free tonight to go to Dalymount to do some scouting for boards FPL?
    We'll expect a full write up :)

https://www.skysports.com/football/bohemians-vs-chelsea/413039

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Are you free tonight to go to Dalymount to do some scouting for boards FPL?
    We'll expect a full write up :)

https://www.skysports.com/football/bohemians-vs-chelsea/413039

oh nice one
    Be interesting to see the line up.
    A chelsea defender after gw 1 could also be value.
    I really really really do not want to get sucked into the Pedro trap again so I am hoping Giroud can nail down a spot. RLC when is back also of interest

Premium strikers are hard to get in and Kane starts slowly and Aguero has been away

I think I will start with Vardy up front with a cheap option maybe King or Adams beside him

Leicester have a fantastic midfield Rodgers players attacking football which will suit Vardy and he is on penalties

Can see Vardy scoring 20 goals

Premium strikers are hard to get in and Kane starts slowly and Aguero has been away

I think I will start with Vardy up front with a cheap option maybe King or Adams beside him

Leicester have a fantastic midfield Rodgers players attacking football which will suit Vardy and he is on penalties

Can see Vardy scoring 20 goals

I’m on Vardy and king at the moment too
    Only way Vardy will be shifted is if Rashford rips it up in preseason Cos there is value in leictser midfield
    Of course the likes of martial at 7.5ml also represents potential value ..........
    For those who are not aware Sanchez is hamstrung AGAIN
    Not too serious apparently but enough to put silly thoughts out of my head anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FPL success relies on predictability. Bournemouth defence is the antithesis to that. They could keep a clean sheet against Chelsea, yet leak 4 against a relegation candidate.

To get the benefit you need to get lucky with your timing, or keep for the season (not chop and change).

I'd trust Burnley to get a CS against fodder at home before Bournemouth if they'd a decent run of fixtures.

SlickRic wrote: »
    FPL success relies on predictability. Bournemouth defence is the antithesis to that. They could keep a clean sheet against Chelsea, yet leak 4 against a relegation candidate.

To get the benefit you need to get lucky with your timing, or keep for the season (not chop and change).

I'd trust Burnley to get a CS against fodder at home before Bournemouth if they'd a decent run of fixtures.

That what I was getting at
    Fairly sure the only clean sheets cook kept were in games I didn’t expect him to and then he got zero or one pointers when I played him !
    They are an annoying FF team

• Advertisement

J rod added as a 6ml striker

Advertisement