Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Nobody considering Bobby considering his away record this year?

TAA / Salah / Firmino ?

I am - which is probably not what you wanted to hear? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Funston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is your team name 6europeancups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Saw this on Twitter, if every pair of Liverpool games so far this season had been a double gameweek (eg GW1/GW2), how would each of their big hitters have performed. Food for thought for those of us using the TC chip

bQc7H4ol.png

Am I being dumb or is this just repeating what you can see from looking at the total scores? What does lumping two games together add? Genuine question!

Seems to artificially lower VVD average aswell. Gw1 and 23 are only counted once and he scored in both.

Am I being dumb or is this just repeating what you can see from looking at the total scores? What does lumping two games together add? Genuine question!

Seems to artificially lower VVD average aswell. Gw1 and 23 are only counted once and he scored in both.

It's consecutive scores to show the likelihood of the players scoring/cs/assist in back to back games essentially. Well that's what I grasped from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Morzadec wrote: »
    It's Salah for me..

Great post. I was on Mané but think you've convinced me to go Salah. I can also blame you when it goes tits up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is your team name 6europeancups?

Nope it's.....

*quickly logs into FPL to remember*

PukkiPies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dam that's probably the most convincing table I've ever seen posted here! I wasn't really planning on using it this week at all now I'm convinced it's the week for if lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

I don't love any of the options but will TC Salah, largely because I just do not envisage a better option down the line.

I'll never TC a Pep player, Liverpool will have the league sewn up in Feb, Kane cooked and Leicester falling off.

One thing's for sure, it is not a decision worth the amount of thought I give it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

99% sure I'm TC'ing Salah. My only concern.....

Liverpool V United, 83rd minute, Mane and Firmino subbed. Salah stayed on till the end.

Surely it wasn't becuase he was getting a rest midweek was it

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I see FPL General has been picked up by The Athletic, fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

SameOleJay wrote: »
    I don't love any of the options but will TC Salah, largely because I just do not envisage a better option down the line.

I'll never TC a Pep player, Liverpool will have the league sewn up in Feb, Kane cooked and Leicester falling off.

One thing's for sure, it is not a decision worth the amount of thought I give it.

Same as this. Liverpool will soon start rotating and Pep roulette rules out so much of City esp as I reckon they'll start focusing on Europe also....as long as they stay in it.
    Who else would you Triple C this season apart from Leicester? Assuming they get a double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Liverpool V United, 83rd minute, Mane and Firmino subbed. Salah stayed on till the end.

Not a chance
    They are going to try and get league wrapped up as soon as they can
    They have serious momentum no need to interrupt that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It was 10 minutes difference.

Would not read too much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

No, it was totally tactical. Play Salah through the middle to try catch Man U on the break as they pushed on.

In fact, Origi for Mane has been a late sub in each of the last 3 games, while Salah has played 90 in all 3 (I think he may have been subbed in the last minute of injury time in one of the games)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Green&Red wrote:
    I see FPL General has been picked up by The Athletic, fair play to him

Been with them since the start of the season writing articles but they seem to have taken over the podcast now as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Been with them since the start of the season writing articles but they seem to have taken over the podcast now as well

Ya all rebranded podcast today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Crucial week coming up my 3 pool Of VVD, TAA and Mane not looking too good now. Going to captain TAA.
    Every non-pool ffs players watching these games will be going through the ringer, crying as Robertson assists Salah, shrugging as Robertson assists Mane, cheering as TAA scores a free kick after Mane is fouled, going to be some craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    No, it was totally tactical. Play Salah through the middle to try catch Man U on the break as they pushed on.

In fact, Origi for Mane has been a late sub in each of the last 3 games, while Salah has played 90 in all 3 (I think he may have been subbed in the last minute of injury time in one of the games)

mane has looked tired in every single game I have watched over the last month
    Prob cos of the amount of chasing back he does
    Salah looks fresher
    Moves TC to Salah.......

Wow. Just realized the gameweek starts Saturday at 3PM. Nearly caught me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wow. Just realized the gameweek starts Saturday at 3PM. Nearly caught me off

Yeah handy having plenty of time to prepare for this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    Not a chance
    They are going to try and get league wrapped up as soon as they can
    They have serious momentum no need to interrupt that
    wonski wrote: »
    It was 10 minutes difference.

Would not read too much into it.
    Benimar wrote: »

That's what I wanted to hear, TC Salah it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Thoughts on Free HIT this week?

Randolph - (McCarthy)

Robertson - Soyuncu - Tanganga - (Williams) - (3.9m)

Noble - Mane - Salah - Son - Martial

Vardy - Haller - (Greenwood)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Thoughts on Free HIT this week?

Randolph - (McCarthy)

Robertson - Soyuncu - Tanganga - (Williams) - (3.9m)

Noble - Mane - Salah - Son - Martial

Vardy - Haller - (Greenwood)

I'd get rid of Haller,even with a double can't see him doing much. Tosun would be worth a punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

siblers wrote: »
    I'd get rid of Haller,even with a double can't see him doing much. Tosun would be worth a punt

Yeah, or maybe Calvert-Lewin. Just with the two games it might be worth it, although they are two tough games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Start Greenwood or Jimi? Reckon Greenwood could start going by what Ole said.

Bottom of the league looking very tight.

A Norwich win tomorrow would be great to keep it even tighter.

Will make it very interesting for us FPL managers.

The longer all the bottom sides are genuinely fighting relegation the harder it will be for us.

Are there any cheapies that are worth trading Grealish in for? I'm not a huge fan of his games coming up and could be tempted by Redmond, JWP, Trossard or Traore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Are there any cheapies that are worth trading Grealish in for? I'm not a huge fan of his games coming up and could be tempted by Redmond, JWP, Trossard or Traore.

Hayden doing the business these days - cheap at 4.3m and plays if you need to upgrade elsewhere

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Hayden doing the business these days - cheap at 4.3m and plays if you need to upgrade elsewhere

I have the budget to splash out around 5.5 to 6.5 comfortably enough. Hayden is a good shout for his price though

Advertisement