Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I have the budget to splash out around 5.5 to 6.5 comfortably enough. Hayden is a good shout for his price though

Hayden has been taking the piss. Only get him if your intention is to have him always benched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

dsmythy wrote: »
    Hayden has been taking the piss. Only get him if your intention is to have him always benched.

I think the way Newcastle are playing this season with a reliance on goals from set pieces is good for Hayden who is one of the more physically competitive players in the Newcastle team. He plays more defensive midfield usually but after that late goal against Chelsea I think Bruce will encourage him to get in the box whenever they get a free kick or corner. Just signed him myself and think he is worth a starting slot in next weeks game against Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Having the worst run I can remember in 10+ years of playing the game.

Was hovering around the 100k mark all season.
    • Sold KDB a few weeks back - he scored 19
    • Decided to correct my mistake immediately, sacrificed TAA for it, he scores 24
    • First time I've ever had a captain get sent off (Son)
    • If I had left my team as it was at GW16, I'd now be 60 points better off and around the 50k mark, but instead am at 320k.

My last 10 transfers out are ridiculous. If I don't laugh I'd cry:
    GW14 - Sterling, scored that week
    GW15 - Mount, scored that week
    GW16 - Martial, scored that week
    GW17 - DeBruyne, 2 goals and an assist that week
    GW17 - Greenwood, scored that week
    GW18 - Tomori, clean sheet that week
    GW19 - TAA, goal, 3 assists and a CS that week
    GW19 - Son, suspended so couldn't score
    GW20 - Abraham, scored that week
    GW21 - Kelly out - surely he won't score this week
    So GW21, Kelly out, I was safe. Since then normal service has resumed.

GW22 - Pope out - Saves penalty next week
    GW23 - Jimenez out, 2 goals that week
    GW24 - Alli out, goal and an assist that week

10 weeks of pain to go from 100k to 500k :(

**** that’s harsh.

I can feel your pain but not as bad as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Who are you taking out this week?

Sometimes you ever think you are making too many transfers? I am similar in your approach to the team & sometimes I feel worse off as things like this happen but I never remember the ones come in & effect they have over the next few weeks.

Some of the top players, make very little transfers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I really want Laporte for the run in. Think city will get tighter and he’s hardly going to be rotated as he has been out for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I really want Laporte for the run in. Think city will get tighter and he’s hardly going to be rotated as he has been out for a bit.

Yeah looked at it last night but he's too expensive atm. Will try when I WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

What were your lotto numbers last week?

It's just a joke at this stage, 24 points in 3 weeks for Pope since I took him out.
    21 points in 2 weeks for Jimenez since I took him out
    Alli 13 points in the week since he's out.

Averaging 10 points per game. Not only should I not be transferring out I'm thinking of, I probably should be captaining them :mad:

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Sometimes you ever think you are making too many transfers? I am similar in your approach to the team & sometimes I feel worse off as things like this happen but I never remember the ones come in & effect they have over the next few weeks.

Yes, definitely taking too many transfers the past 2 months, last season I was the opposite, played conservative, was about 500k at this stage and just went gung ho for the last 15 week. Paid off big time with a lot of hits and punts working out. Tried to start like that this season but has backfired.

Too many of the big performers have been consistent this season. Every time you take a punt, even if someone like Grealish, DCL, Yarmolenko, Zaha score, chances are the solid pick who's highly owned has also scored that week so you rarely make up ground. Look at the overall dream team - bar Henderson in goals, and Rashford up front, you'd probably have guessed the other 9.

Anyway, it was a strategy that was my own choice, been playing this game 15 years, plenty of top 100k finishes, another one wasn't gonna get the heart racing. Might as well have gone for the top 10k finish I've never managed

• Advertisement

Yes, definitely taking too many transfers the past 2 months, last season I was the opposite, played conservative, was about 500k at this stage and just went gung ho for the last 15 week. Paid off big time with a lot of hits and punts working out. Tried to start like that this season but has backfired.

Too many of the big performers have been consistent this season. Every time you take a punt, even if someone like Grealish, DCL, Yarmolenko, Zaha score, chances are the solid pick who's highly owned has also scored that week so you rarely make up ground. Look at the overall dream team - bar Henderson in goals, and Rashford up front, you'd probably have guessed the other 9.

Anyway, it was a strategy that was my own choice, been playing this game 15 years, plenty of top 100k finishes, another one wasn't gonna get the heart racing. Might as well have gone for the top 10k finish I've never managed

Agree with you, to get a top 10k you really need a strong start. It’s very rare that you would see someone jump from ranks into the top 10k these days given how many play the game, the info out there & then you end up with Template teams.

I’m starting to take punts as I want differentials, jump big ranks & get more enjoyment out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Agree with you, to get a top 10k you really need a strong start. It’s very rare that you would see someone jump from ranks into the top 10k these days given how many play the game, the info out there & then you end up with Template teams.

I’m starting to take punts as I want differentials, jump big ranks & get more enjoyment out of it.

Excuse the thinly veiled brag, after gw 10 my rank was 1,122,460 and I have progressed to 7740 now. The only hits I took were in the last 2 weeks (including Jimenez and Zaha) and I would have been better of not doing them.
    This season seems to be about patience, if players have a bad week, best to hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

patmac wrote: »
    Excuse the thinly veiled brag, after gw 10 my rank was 1,122,460 and I have progressed to 7740 now. The only hits I took were in the last 2 weeks (including Jimenez and Zaha) and I would have been better of not doing them.
    This season seems to be about patience, if players have a bad week, best to hold.

Agreed. I was 529k after GW9. I’ve taken no hits since and I’m now 1k.

I haven’t really taken any mad punts either. Excluding GK and cheap defender transfers I’ve brought in (and removed in some cases) Mane, Vardy, Jimenez, Son, TAA, Alli, Richarlison, Grealish, Ings, Martial and Salah in that time. I don’t think there are many Prodston Punts among them :pac: (Sorry Mr P!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »

Just when this season couldn't get any more weird and/or shyte...Pelle gets set to make his return

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

YESSS!!!

Mr. P has reentered the building :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

BUIB

BUIB BRB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

BUIB

BUIB TC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

'Nam like flashbacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Whats the consensus about the best time to Wc ive a couple of injury doubts and some deadwood to transfer out so would look at playing it, i remember a spreadsheet last year i followed religiously that sorted out the best times to use which chip, im 100 pts behind in my ML so want to stop taking hits and set my team up for the rest of the season just worried about the few BGW's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Use the wildcard thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Sweet Baby Jesus, protect us all.

P5W5h7R.jpg

What could possibly go wrong ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Adebayor rumoured to be returning to the premiership. Had a love/hate relationship with him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Cedric to Arsenal and KWP to Southampton, both interesting transfers for FPL players...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Cedric to Arsenal and KWP to Southampton, both interesting transfers for FPL players...

end of an era :( :P

#InCédricWeTrust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Could make Ritchie interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm not going to go there but always fun to make predictions!

What price do people think Fernandes comes in at? I'd guess he would be coming in similar to Pogba at 8/8.5. Surely 9 is too much for a United mid right now. A decent few months and wouldn't be surprised if he comes in at 9 next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

jimmii wrote: »
    I'm not going to go there but always fun to make predictions!

What price do people think Fernandes comes in at? I'd guess he would be coming in similar to Pogba at 8/8.5. Surely 9 is too much for a United mid right now. A decent few months and wouldn't be surprised if he comes in at 9 next season.

Hopefully they'll have learnt their lesson from overpricing Pepe!

Advertisement