Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Morzadec wrote: »
    Liverpool and City basically locked in for 1st and 2nd now (or at least top 4 for City) and big European games on the horizon - going to be very interesting and difficult to navigate the inevitable resting.

Glad i still have my WC. It may be a little ways off, but it's something to consider. Those end of season DGWs might be hard to make the most of.

Some value might open up on the likes of Jesus, Origi and Minamino who i could see playing a lot

And God forbid The Madrids beat them!
    A rounded 15 with the other top 4 contenders and relegation battlers could work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

ElTel wrote: »
    And God forbid The Madrids beat them!
    A rounded 15 with the other top 4 contenders and relegation battlers could work.

Real Madrid are 18s to win the CL, savage odds, can see them beating City, you can't just switch off like they have and expect to pick it up when you need to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yeah very good point, i kinda forgot City had a very tough last 16 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Need Liverpool and city knocked out at round of 16 so they don’t rest players in the run in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Need Liverpool and city knocked out at round of 16 so they don’t rest players in the run in

Yes this is crucial for me as an early wildcarder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Havent a clue how to run excel but could anyone update cartmans spreadsheet for BGW/DGW?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

markc91 wrote: »
    Havent a clue how to run excel but could anyone update cartmans spreadsheet for BGW/DGW?

Go to the fixtures tab and on the GW28 column, delete teams with no games in 28.
    Will show up as blank in the team tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

From the BBC gossip column...
    Manchester City players asked manager Pep Guardiola to stop fiddling with his starting line-up after Sunday's defeat at Tottenham. (Mail)

Even the players are sick of his sh*t :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

COH wrote: »
    From the BBC gossip column...

Even the players are sick of his sh*t :pac:

Some how I don’t think Pep will take kindly to been told what too do by the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Some how I don’t think Pep will take kindly to been told what too do by the players

It's interesting that they felt they could challenge him. I guess that's what happend when results aren't going as well as they hope. Beginning of the end or beginning of a second coming there?

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    It's interesting that they felt they could challenge him. I guess that's what happend when results aren't going as well as they hope. Beginning of the end or beginning of a second coming there?

It’s the end of a cycle for sure. Kompany leaving. Dilva this year. I don’t know if it will be Pep or a new manager (the latter I suspect) but I think this team will be and needs too be, revamped shortly to freshin it up a bit. Or perhaps they are just tired of Pep and a new voice will revamp them but either way, something needs too change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmii wrote: »

I’ve been waiting for news of any potential bust up to come out before signing aguero
    They were held in dressing room for an hour after game
    Some players are gonna be scapegoated.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    I’ve been waiting for news of any potential bust up to come out before signing aguero

Sterling being one for me, he has been woeful for ages.
    Ferandinho back to midfield with Laporte fit.
    Mahrez has been a bright point last few games, i'd feel safe if i had him.

dahat wrote: »
    Sterling being one for me, he has been woeful for ages.
    Ferandinho back to midfield with Laporte fit.
    Mahrez has been a bright point last few games, i'd feel safe if i had him.

Sterling injured anyway
    Be suprised if David Silva isn’t brought back in for someone too
    Mahrez was terrible sunday.......

km79 wrote: »

Didn't realise they were in the changing room that long doesn't bode well!
    It’s the end of a cycle for sure. Kompany leaving. Dilva this year. I don’t know if it will be Pep or a new manager (the latter I suspect) but I think this team will be and needs too be, revamped shortly to freshin it up a bit. Or perhaps they are just tired of Pep and a new voice will revamp them but either way, something needs too change

It feels like its evolution or revolution time alright. It must be hard to keep the players motivated by you over the years when you're a manager. At this point everyone must have written off this season but would be interesting to see what happens if they fall behind from the start next season would he survive being this far back at the end of Jan again? Doesn't seem likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

On this, what the hell has happened Bernardo Silva. Pep loved him last season!

I reckon Aguero had a go at getting substituted & if rumours are true about the constant changing of the team I’d say he was the one flagging it.

Doesn’t bode well for Aguero owners

Chesty08 wrote: »
    On this, what the hell has happened Bernardo Silva. Pep loved him last season!

I reckon Aguero had a go at getting substituted & if rumours are true about the constant changing of the team I’d say he was the one flagging it.

Doesn’t bode well for Aguero owners

I’m holding off on that transfer for as long as I can
    But there is no telling really......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Is it simply time to go cityless??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pogue eile wrote: »

No way!!!

They had a similar heated exchange after loss to Newcastle & then went on and won 14 in a row to win the league.

Heated exchanges can also be good in team sport, particularly amongst a group of winners who are all striving to win.

I’d be inclined to think it will benefit them but if there was one to be the fall guy it would be Aguero as he is more senior & more likely to be outspoken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Never ever go cityless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I'm torn as to whether to bring Aguero in for Vardy this week.

He could run riot or he could simply end up playing 5 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

I made the switch earlier myself,have a feeling he will do well,Vardy is not on a great run tbh,plus other Leicester players are taking thier chances.Kept Vardy for months but I think it's time he was shipped out.
    ShimSlady wrote: »
    I'm torn as to whether to bring Aguero in for Vardy this week.

He could run riot or he could simply end up playing 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

KDB is a season keeper for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

For those who like a punt, Manchester United fan Odion Ighalo has been added at £6.5M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Appears that Son is on pens for Spurs. Took one just now against Southampton

GetWithIt wrote: »
    For those who like a punt, Manchester United fan Odion Ighalo has been added at £6.5M

Ffs fpl could you not have just priced him out! I can see this going badly.

How much was he at watford? I owned him for a period when he was there I know but I cannot remember

How much was he at watford? I owned him for a period when he was there I know but I cannot remember

15/16 started 5 ended 5.6
    16/17 started 7.5 ended 6.8

16 goals and 6 assists in 15/16!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

https://twitter.com/galv_lfc/status/1225154914285969409?s=21

Looks like the kids will be playing in the 5th round as well.

Advertisement