Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    No need to worry about Liverpool rotating in the run in

Yeah. That result will help people that have already played their WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

La Liga gone from closed door games to suspending their next two match weeks. The Premier League can only pretend everything is OK for so much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Three Leicester "first team players" in isolation but Rodgers seems to want the weekend game to go ahead for some reason. This is the first time I've really thought we might not see the season out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51856906

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Germany going behind closed doors but putting all games free to air

That's pretty sound. Guessing theres a big difference in how much TV companies have paid there though. Hard to imagine sky deciding eveyone can have it for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Can't see the full gameweek been done to be honest too many players coming down with it. Be very surprised if Leicester's and city's matches went ahead of they have players isolating over but not the full squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That's it, it's done. Got to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

ScummyMan wrote: »
    That's it, it's done. Got to be.

Highly irresponsible if it does go ahead now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I might sell Auba and Bellerin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I might sell Auba and Bellerin

I wouldn’t be buying or selling anyone. Won’t be games for a few weeks I’d imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Benimar wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be buying or selling anyone. Won’t be games for a few weeks I’d imagine.

Eh.......That was a joke

They’ll cancel everything till the international break I reckon. That’ll buy them time to see how it plays out and make a plan for the rest of the year.

If they’re being forced into a quick decision then it’ll most likely be postponed until further notice.

Then it’ll be up to UEFA to move the international competition to summer 2021.

That’ll allow all the European leagues to resume, at some stage, and play out.

Next season we’ll probably see no replays or semi final 2 legs in domestic cups. It’ll be 90 minutes and then penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Arsenal v Brighton is off

Should we create a separate thread for this?Some posts going here, others in injuries/suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Should we create a separate thread for this?Some posts going here, others in injuries/suspensions.

Yeah I think so or the posts could be merged into the injuries/suspension thread otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Reckon it will be suspended this morning.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Reckon it will be suspended this morning.

Seems likely alright. I wouldn't be surprised if they just cancelled this week for now then waited to see what happens with todays Cobra meeting and see what UEFA decide on Tuesday. So much obviously depends on what happens with Euro 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

jimmii wrote: »
    Seems likely alright. I wouldn't be surprised if they just cancelled this week for now then waited to see what happens with todays Cobra meeting and see what UEFA decide on Tuesday. So much obviously depends on what happens with Euro 2020.

Gone until April apparently

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Gone until April apparently

Yeah seen in the other thread. Presumably a few hours and everything will be official and fpl will probably release a statement on what they intend to do.

OR gone up 1k overnight with all the -4’s taking effect

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FullMoonFever

Transfers should be frozen until the PL is resumed. It gives teams languishing behind others an unfair opportunity to build up their squads to capitalise on unused bench boost chips and triple captains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Transfers should be frozen until the PL is resumed. It gives teams languishing behind others an unfair opportunity to build up their squads to capitalise on unused bench boost chips and triple captains.

Fairness is out the window this season - this seasons game of fpl has been spoiled no matter what happens.

If and when it comes back we can all play it out of course but win or lose I’ll be taking my mini league positions/OR with a pinch of salt this season.

Also don’t get these calls for the season to be cancelled - as if season next year will run smoothly from August to May.

If anyone needs a footy fix, I came across this site that has old matches on it

https://footballia.net/

Some crackers on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

How are people behind at an advantage in this way? surely there is no advantage to be had planning for fixtures that currently do not exist

I've 2ft's now, which I'm gonna start using later this week. Mostly just to get rid of some deadwood

This break could mix things up on the players front too if they get going again. The likes of Sane and Rashford were due back in April anyway, Spurs could have Son/Kane back before the end of the season too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've 2ft's now, which I'm gonna start using later this week. Mostly just to get rid of some deadwood

Can I ask why you would be using FTs this week? There are no fixtures on the horizon

Advertisement