Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Aguero benched :mad:

Great to see Joe Ledley making a comeback at Palace at this stage of his career!

Aguero benched :mad:

Captain fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Can only imagine the variation in teamsheets Pep is planning with all this time off.
    Kun in goals and Ederson up front closer to the penalty spot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

All the FIFA WC films have been added to Prime for anyone that has it, looking forward to getting into watching them

All the FIFA WC films have been added to Prime for anyone that has it, looking forward to getting into watching them

Ooh nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

How's everyone coping with FPL withdrawal??

Can't say I'm missing it too much tbh, but any time I'm texting the predictive text comes up with random player names :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

)
    Cartman78 wrote: »
    I've taken up trading shares as my new hobby to learn during the downtime. Spending my time researching companies to buy and sell (transfers), watching stocks go up and down (price changes), it's like a new gameweek every single day.

My main faults as an FPL players and a stockbroker are the same - selling after a bad performance and then watching them haul next day.

Luckin coffee is like Aguero this season. Its fancy and from far away and you just know it's going to go off on one at some point but you have no idea when!

Cartman78 wrote: »

Can't say I'm missing it too much tbh, but any time I'm texting the predictive text comes up with random player names :-)

We all have our distractions from the reality of life so yeah I do miss it.

I probably do spend too much time on it but I’m competitive by nature and there are worse things I could be doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’m really missing it. If ever there was a time it would be huge to have it’s now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

CSF wrote: »
    I’m really missing it. If ever there was a time it would be huge to have it’s now.

The first week I thought about ff probably every day wondering what was going to happen.

I think about it now and again but once the thought is over I completely forget about it.
    Have too much going on between work and college. This is the first time this week its come to my mind as its Friday.

Have a strong "I better make a transfer or else I'm missing out" kinda feeling.

I think the season is over though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I miss checking live score app every couple of minutes while there is a game on. Grim times !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's the Saturdays I miss the most! Nothing to look forward to around 14.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I definitely miss the football now
    Not sure I am missing the fantasy side at this stage
    Only because when it restarts I get to look forward to my rank plummet and lose all the leagues I was coasting in

260 died in the uk yday
    In all seriousness there is no way they can get jack to football at any stage over the summer
    They are mirroring Italy’s numbers

km79 wrote: »
    260 died in the uk yday
    In all seriousness there is no way they can get jack to football at any stage over the summer

Premier League has a better chance than most IMO, the viewing money is so huge compared to the gate receipts, I could see them finishing the season behind closed doors once they have the initial wave under control. I can’t see there being a stadium full anywhere in Europe in 2020

km79 wrote: »
    260 died in the uk yday

Premier League has a better chance than most IMO, the viewing money is so huge compared to the gate receipts, I could see them finishing the season behind closed doors once they have the initial wave under control. I can’t see there being a stadium full anywhere in Europe in 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Apparently 8 West ham players have it. Football is months away I reckon

Premier league proposal:
    Put all teams in isolation in training camps.
    Play all games in London and midland grounds with no crowds.
    Season run off through June/July.
    Games every day
    Every game televised
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-premier-league-isolated-camps-remaining-fixtures-dates-suspension-latest-a9432961.html

Premier league proposal:
    Games every day
    Every game televised
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-premier-league-isolated-camps-remaining-fixtures-dates-suspension-latest-a9432961.html

I cant see it hppening but **** i hope they make it happen

• Advertisement

Premier league proposal:
    Games every day
    Every game televised

I’m glad I live in ireland
    Wow
    Money sure talks !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That seems mad. You would be moving players, managers, staff etc away from thir families for a couple of months and they wouldn't be able to see them. I know they're highly paid and all that but it seems a bit cold to put players etc through that

It's disgusting. If the govt have anything about them they wil stop it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

It’s all coming from “sources” & people saying it “could” happen. If a single person in the camp contracts the virus it won’t happen and trying to get all the players to agree will be another matter if they get the PFA involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It’s all coming from “sources” & people saying it “could” happen. If a single person in the camp contracts the virus it won’t happen and trying to get all the players to agree will be another matter if they get the PFA involved

Ignore the crowds for a minute - and think about the number of medical professionals and paramedics that would have to be present at a game. If a player suffers a heart attack for instance - they need paramedics/doctors pitch side ready to go - they need backup paramedics/doctors in case this happens. They then need to bring the player to a hospital.

Now imagine doing all that when UK is on shut down and every single medical professional is run off their feet - they won't have time to be hanging around at games - they won't have time to deal with a player who gets injured - be it a heart attack or a broken leg, least of all I doubt any medical professional would have any time for a multi millionaire footballer who get injured, while thousands of innocent people following the government advice lie sick in hallways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Is every single medical professional run off their feet?
    I would have assumed that club doctors aren't anyway.

The premier league is discussing options and I am sure nothing will be set in stone yet. Wait and see how the situation develops, I don't see any issue with that.

If 30 odd fit and healthy young lads can't go to work then none of us can - once regular people start returning to work, football will certainly be on imo.

Right so
    Let’s assume they do as they have done all along to protect the integrity of their game and stick RIGIDLY to their deadlines
    They can’t very well change their minds on that now ........
    No games will be played by May 17th

So I assume the deadline comes and goes and the fantasy season finishes as it stands

Are we still getting to use our weekly FT’s ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yes, they are sticking to GW deadlines.

• Advertisement

Yes but I stopped
    Firstly Cost it’s pointless
    Secondly amount of transfers uses could cost me ranking

Advertisement