Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes, they are sticking to GW deadlines.

Ah no.

I didn’t realise.

Edit - and I bloody read the updated information on the site. Just didn’t fully understand it.

km79 wrote: »
    Yes but I stopped
    Firstly Cost it’s pointless
    Secondly amount of transfers uses could cost me ranking

Ah.

Why not prepare for one big GW because it may happen.

Is it too much to expect FPL to be sharing their thoughts with us ?

It is looking more and more likely there will be a 4 week period in which the premier league will try and play out the remaining fixtures.

A ‘world cup’ fixture scenario has been talked about.

What way do you thing FPL will play it ?

I’m expecting just one big GW. Fairly clumsy and no ability to adjust.

So as I see it you’ll get a chance to use just one more chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It is looking more and more likely there will be a 4 week period in which the premier league will try and play out the remaining fixtures.

A ‘world cup’ fixture scenario has been talked about.

What way do you thing FPL will play it ?

I’m expecting just one big GW. Fairly clumsy and no ability to adjust.

So as I see it you’ll get a chance to use just one more chip.

Gw 38 will have come and gone
    So if they are consistent
    The game is finished as it is now bar crazy people taking hits !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jimmii wrote: »
    Luckin coffee is like Aguero this season. Its fancy and from far away and you just know it's going to go off on one at some point but you have no idea when!

And then goes and gets a season ending injury just like him too :eek:

• Advertisement

Gw 38 will have come and gone
    So if they are consistent
    The game is finished as it is now bar crazy people taking hits !

With the further push back officially in place fpl will surely have to change their stance on existing gw deadlines it just makes no sense if they want to try and keep the game as normal as possible. Sensible thing to do now would be make the GW32 deadline end of June for now and then adjust it when the time comes. Just seems like the sensible thing to instead of having a monster gw38 or ending up with more than 38 weeks. Now its come through from the Premier League we will surely hear from fpl soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Governments in europe are struggling to organise political, economical, social, educational and financial packages. People are dying, hospitals are swamped, families are under huge pressure. Is it too much to expect a sporting organisation to tell us what is happening? It actually ****ing is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

Governments in europe are struggling to organise political, economical, social, educational and financial packages. People are dying, hospitals are swamped, families are under huge pressure. Is it too much to expect a sporting organisation to tell us what is happening? It actually ****ing is.

Its morally bereft.

With the further push back officially in place fpl will surely have to change their stance on existing gw deadlines it just makes no sense if they want to try and keep the game as normal as possible. Sensible thing to do now would be make the GW32 deadline end of June for now and then adjust it when the time comes. Just seems like the sensible thing to instead of having a monster gw38 or ending up with more than 38 weeks. Now its come through from the Premier League we will surely hear from fpl soon enough.

They can’t change the rules now
    They said as much when they kept all deadlines the same for that reason
    I think current standings will end up being final

If they do rio up the rule book now I expect we will all get an extra wildcard

They can’t change the rules now
    They said as much when they kept all deadlines the same for that reason
    I think current standings will end up being final

If they do rio up the rule book now I expect we will all get an extra wildcard

But then you couldn’t use it along with a BB in the case it’s just one monster final GW.

They should at least let us know how they are thinking and more importantly what they are capable of in terms of game flexibility.

Some think they are hamstrung in regards the website and what exactly they would be capable of doing to adapt and accommodate this situation.

And, KM, in relation to whatever they have done previously I think it would be unfair to hold a gun to their heads. It’s a very unusual situation and the premier league themselves are lining up a few options to try and finish the season.

• Advertisement

But then you couldn’t use it along with a BB in the case it’s just one monster final GW.

They should at least let us know how they are thinking and more importantly what they are capable of in terms of game flexibility.

Some think they are hamstrung in regards the website and what exactly they would be capable of doing to adapt and accommodate this situation.

And, KM, in relation to whatever they have done previously I think it would be unfair to hold a gun to their heads. It’s a very unusual situation and the premier league themselves are lining up a few options to try and finish the season.

It can’t be a monster final gw now
    Final Gameweek is in May. It will open and close as the others before it have
    So what I’m saying is they now have two options
    Call a halt and current standings are finals
    Very likely imo given all that they have said before about gameweek deadline etc and head to head games still being “played “ each week
    Or
    Add in extra gameweeks which apparently was impossible before ........these could not then be incorporated into H2H leagues obviously . And would also expect an extra WC .
    I think given the line they have taken all along it’s over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

The chances are that if the PL resumes, it will be June and July roughly. Surely with that, the fantasy premier league overlords must be looking at a way of resetting the game back to around gw30 when the games were postponed.

Is that impossible due to website or software issues or something along those lines? If it is, I wish they would come out and say so. They know well that a huge number of players playing the game have a lot riding on individual leagues.

^^^^^^

And players are also currently making FT’s in guessing mode.

If they let us know what they’re are capable of (in terms of their software or ability to reset) then we could switch off totally or start making FT’s toward an actual goal.

McBain11 wrote: »
    The chances are that if the PL resumes, it will be June and July roughly. Surely with that, the fantasy premier league overlords must be looking at a way of resetting the game back to around gw30 when the games were postponed.

Is that impossible due to website or software issues or something along those lines? If it is, I wish they would come out and say so. They know well that a huge number of players playing the game have a lot riding on individual leagues.

They made a HUGE error not pausing the game
    Or else they were not able to.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

I agree, if they had the ability to pause the game, it was a ridiculous call not to do so.

If they didn't have the ability to pause the game, they should have said so at the time. It would at least give people a sense of what is going on and why.

The PL will probably make an announcement in next couple of weeks about pushing a possible restart date back to after gw38 deadline. I presume at that stage, the fantasypremierleague lads will have to give definitive clarity on what will happen and why the game wasn't paused like it should have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

They made a HUGE error not pausing the game
    Or else they were not able to.........

Yep...totally idiotic to continue if they had the option to pause the game.

As it stands, I'm guessing FPL season just fizzles out and ends once the end of GW38 arrives (??).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Griselda wrote: »
    Its morally bereft.

I don't remember you posting in this forum before. A lot of players take the game seriously and may be in with a chance of winning money, money which could be very useful during these uncertain times. Food for thought while you're up there on your high horse.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Yep...totally idiotic to continue if they had the option to pause the game.

As it stands, I'm guessing FPL season just fizzles out and ends once the end of GW38 arrives (??).

If they stick to the rules they were so at pains to point to before gw31 yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have not checked in to forum in a few weeks cos I presumed (mistakenly it appears) that the game would have being stopped once Premier League announced suspension of games.

So what is the story now?....why are players values still been affected by transfers etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Have not checked in to forum in a few weeks cos I presumed (mistakenly it appears) that the game would have being stopped once Premier League announced suspension of games.

So what is the story now?....why are players values still been affected by transfers etc?

FPL haven't paused the game so players are allowed to make transfers over these cancelled gameweeks just as they were if the PL was in full function.

• Advertisement

FPL haven't paused the game so players are allowed to make transfers over these cancelled gameweeks just as they were if the PL was in full function.

So have I (and hundreds of thousands of others) being asleep at the wheel then perhaps not to have being making one FT each week to strengthen our bench options for example?

How many weeks of possible transfers have we missed since Premier League play was halted!

Are many regular posters on here making transfers at the mo.....or waiting till the dust settles?

A thought just came to me there that you could bring in likes of Rashford now as his back injury should be ok by time play resumes and he would be cheaper to buy now.

Sorry for all the questions:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

So have I (and hundreds of thousands of others) being asleep at the wheel then perhaps not to have being making one FT each week to strengthen our bench options for example?

How many weeks of possible transfers have we missed since Premier League play was halted!

Are many regular posters on here making transfers at the mo.....or waiting till the dust settles?

A thought just came to me there that you could bring in likes of Rashford now as his back injury should be ok by time play resumes and he would be cheaper to buy now.

Sorry for all the questions:)

I made 2 transfers out if injured players. You have the chance to make some free transfers yet, but this is all likely to be academic anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah as things stand (from what FPL Towers have told us), we're going to have the entire end of season packed into one gameweek, so I'm getting a strong 15 together in case that happens and I can bench boost in final gameweek. I expect we'll get more clarity by GW36/37 in which case I will wildcard 37 and BB 38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sad news today - Pep's mum has passed away from coronavirus. May she RIP.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah as things stand (from what FPL Towers have told us), we're going to have the entire end of season packed into one gameweek, so I'm getting a strong 15 together in case that happens and I can bench boost in final gameweek. I expect we'll get more clarity by GW36/37 in which case I will wildcard 37 and BB 38

So do you mean that all remaining games (which is a good few) would all be in one GW they could literally go on for over a month?

So do you mean that all remaining games (which is a good few) would all be in one GW they could literally go on for over a month?

Based on their implementation of their own rules and deadlines the season is over
    Gw 38 will open and then it will close after kickoff (all games are due to be played simultaneously)
    No way fixtures will have been rearranged by May 17th
    So no way they can be included in gw 38

Forgot to check at the weekend
    I rose 4 places to 1010
    Maybe because of transfers made
    I’ll break top 1 k yet !!!!

Seems crazy right? They'll surely have to do something so we don't end up with that sort of carnage.

Seems crazy right? They'll surely have to do something so we don't end up with that sort of carnage.

Carnage ?

Sounds like having a, never to be had ever again, ball.

I’d love it to happen.

Edit - but only if I can use BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

tbh it's hard to know what they would do - even for the likes of H2H games - like they are currently still being decided by the current rules, so what would you if there was a week 40, who would be playing against who - some people would be playing a team 3 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,638 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Anyone involved with this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/FantasyChampMan

01-02 season which I still remember fondly for breaking 2000 points for the first time.
    That was the last year of dialling in your team and changes on the tone phone too I think?

Advertisement