Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

km79 wrote: »
    Every league will have to take its lead from the main game
    If they cancel league and don’t award number one top prize then all leagues do the same
    If they do then all league does the same
    That would be my take on it

I don’t care either way
    The goodness is gone from it

I agree the goodness is gone.

Where do you go in h2h leagues where they have essentially been finished out with 0-0 draws. H2h leagues with a cup format at the end being decided by coin toss. Last man standing leagues. Regular leagues where monies were already partly paid out for monthly and cup prizes.

I am either running or involved in all such formats and following the FPL organisers lead (who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw) could lead to an even bigger shambles than currently in play.

I think all formats will have to be decided in different ways if the season ends next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If I was running a pay league, payout half the prizes based on current finishing positions, roll over the rest to a bunper year next year (or half price entry next year.

There's no right answer, if you're currently 2nd but have Chips remaining, you'd be sickened to call it early.
    If you're bottom of a pay league, you've no chance of getting anything if it was finished, but now might get something.

Tough decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Not looking forward to trying to resolve the inevitable grief that will come with the main pay league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,638 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If I was running a pay league, payout half the prizes based on current finishing positions, roll over the rest to a bunper year next year (or half price entry next year.

There's no right answer, if you're currently 2nd but have Chips remaining, you'd be sickened to call it early.
    If you're bottom of a pay league, you've no chance of getting anything if it was finished, but now might get something.

Tough decisions.

It's even worse if you've already paid out on monthly prizes.

My own strategy of multiple hits at the start of the season to build up value had me poised in 4th, 30 points behind but over 2m more than my peers has shot me in the foot but I'd have given it a good run over 9 GWs. Whatever way it ends, someone will be unhappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Todd Cantwell whose team props up the EPL moaning on Twitter about being human too, blah, blah. Pretty clear these bottom clubs want the season ended to get a free year in the EPL.

Such a mess, it's hard to seeing it returning at all. The UK's numbers aren't very encouraging either.

Just wish FPL towers would give us some info or put us out of our misery instead of posting utter drivel on their Twitter account.

Among the mess of a release plan the British Government have outlined is Pro Sports being allowed to proceed from 1st June. Next step is to get the teams/players to go along with it I guess.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11986561/coronavirus-pro-sport-in-england-could-resume-on-june-1-government-announces

Among the mess of a release plan the British Government have outlined is Pro Sports being allowed to proceed from 1st June. Next step is to get the teams/players to go along with it I guess.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11986561/coronavirus-pro-sport-in-england-could-resume-on-june-1-government-announces

At the earliest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hopefully that will mean we get an update from the premier league. They originally said it had to be done by the end of June right? Or did that timeline change at any point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

In some positive news Im in a H2H league that was setup so that the top 8 after gw35 would go onto a knockout for the last 3 gws tok decide the winner. Ive made it through to the final by two emphatic vrtual coin toss wins. 150 euro if I win the virtual coin toss this weekend.

In some positive news Im in a H2H league that was setup so that the top 8 after gw35 would go onto a knockout for the last 3 gws tok decide the winner. Ive made it through to the final by two emphatic vrtual coin toss wins. 150 euro if I win the virtual coin toss this weekend.

Tempted to chop or does 2nd pay too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

I am running a h2h league, similar scenario, except knockout stages started at the semi final stage. I voided the competition before the semis ko.

It’s getting silly now
    http://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1260269107867521024

No tackling In training
    Players to turn their face away when tackled during Matches

km79 wrote: »
    It’s getting silly now
    http://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1260269107867521024

No tackling In training
    Players to turn their face away when tackled during Matches

Wow that's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,638 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So, with 2 days left, what are folk doing?
    Playing TC or BB in a last ditch effort or hoping that GW 39 - 48 will be added?
    Have to say that I'm torn. Might just play BB as I'll likely waste it anyway (never seem to get more than 20 points out of it).

So, with 2 days left, what are folk doing?
    Playing TC or BB in a last ditch effort or hoping that GW 39 - 48 will be added?
    Have to say that I'm torn. Might just play BB as I'll likely waste it anyway (never seem to get more than 20 points out of it).
    Wildcarded last week to get a solid 15, Bench Boosting this "week". Might come to nothing, but will be ready if they let it roll and we get fixtures.

Now who to captain for an 8 games spell

Wildcarded last week to get a solid 15, Bench Boosting this "week". Might come to nothing, but will be ready if they let it roll and we get fixtures.

Now who to captain for an 8 games spell

I can’t believe they will allow this monster GW to happen without confirming it before the GW kicks off.

I think they’ll have to call a wrap after this GW.

They’ve backed themselves into a corner now. The fallout would be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I can’t believe they will allow this monster GW to happen without confirming it before the GW kicks off.

I think they’ll have to call a wrap after this GW.

They’ve backed themselves into a corner now. The fallout would be huge.

in a nutshell what was proposed happen? ive been really out of the loop regarding FPL lately.

• Advertisement

bmorrissey wrote: »
    in a nutshell what was proposed happen? ive been really out of the loop regarding FPL lately.

Nada.

No communication from them whatsoever.

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Proposed was theres a deadline tomorrow. Any games after that are counted in that gameweek. Its a shambals tho, means nobody can change team, captain etc between games. More likely to cancel the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

I have 2 chips still, free hit and bench boost and two transfers ,but my 15 players are fairly solid ,I haven't a clue what to do.

Ideally I won't do anything till I know what's going on, my way of thinking is if games are gonna be reduced to 80 mins surely it's better to have defenders as in less chances to score more goals?

My plan is pretty much players that start in general for chosen teams. Ideally if a massive game week I'd activate bench boost right now so all 15 players get some points for just playing to rack up some points.

Can anyone tell me which teams have a extra game or two more then other teams because of being cup tied back then,I'd even throw in those players to gain points to use up the 2 transfers at least.

Any suggestions? I have 2.5m in the bank for transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Proposed was theres a deadline tomorrow. Any games after that are counted in that gameweek. Its a shambals tho, means nobody can change team, captain etc between games. More likely to cancel the whole thing.

so basically one huge gameweek with each team having 8/9 games...sounds like a shambles if thats true :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Man.City, Arsenal, Sheffield United and Villa have an extra game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Taken from here: (but it doesn't really add any more detail)
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/1665216?sf234005504=1
    At the meeting of Shareholders earlier this week clubs were united in looking to complete the 2019/20 season, but only when it is safe and appropriate to do so.

We want to reassure FPL managers that we will provide further updates on the game when appropriate and we thank you for your continued patience.

We can confirm that any chips you retain at present (e.g. Triple Captain, Bench Boost, Free Hit and/or Wildcard) would remain available for you, in accordance with the Game Rules.

These are exceptional circumstances and we appreciate the understanding of FPL managers while the situation continues to evolve.

Kind of sounds like they will have a mega GW 38 if they are continuing the game with the chips in place?

Taken from here: (but it doesn't really add any more detail)
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/1665216?sf234005504=1

Kind of sounds like they will have a mega GW 38 if they are continuing the game with the chips in place?

I’m reading the total opposite.

Sounds more like ‘hang on to your chips we might have more GW’s’.

• Advertisement

I’m reading the total opposite.

Sounds more like ‘hang on to your chips we might have more GW’s’.

This

Advertisement