Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

Why did it take them so long to drop that information ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Why did it take them so long to drop that information ?

km79 wrote: »

Yeah.

I used my WC last week.

Bench boost is currently active but I’ll deactivate it now.

Their silence is really unforgivable.

No reason they couldn’t have sent that tweet out weeks ago.

Their silence led me to believe they were pulling a fast one and were going to throw in a huge GW38.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Yeah.

I used my WC last week.

Bench boost is currently active but I’ll deactivate it now.

Their silence is really unforgivable.

No reason they couldn’t have sent that tweet out weeks ago.

Their silence led me to believe they were pulling a fast one and were going to throw in a huge GW38.

What are the chances that only this week did the FPL lads realise they have the capability to add on extra gws (software allowing etc.) Why would they wait until a couple of days before gw38 deadline? The amount of people who would have WC in gw37 and were going to bench boost then in gw38. Unforgivable nonsense from them.

Complete and utter shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Typical that they're all vague about it so we still have no idea what they are thinking! Time to try figure out which rule they are talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,912 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Eight clubs in the premier league seem to be against the resumption. It might never happen. I'm sure the clubs in and around the relegation zone are all against it, another season to get things right with lots of money sounds great to them I'd imagine.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Eight clubs in the premier league seem to be against the resumption. It might never happen. I'm sure the clubs in and around the relegation zone are all against it, another season to get things right with lots of money sounds great to them I'd imagine.

Yeah if you were a club in the relegation zone you would be doing your best to make sure it doesn't get finished. Hard to imagine them being willing to do what they can to get things up and running again so long as relegation is a risk. If it resumes it will be weird enough without their being no relegation granted they have to do their best for the club but at the same time feels like they're taking advantage of the situation too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why would they not clarify what happens if the fixtures are rearranged? And clarify what would happen if they aren't? That kind of vagueness does not help anyone. I have no idea if I should be dropping my bench boost or not now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Why would they not clarify what happens if the fixtures are rearranged? And clarify what would happen if they aren't? That kind of vagueness does not help anyone. I have no idea if I should be dropping my bench boost or not now.
    I’m saving mine. I’m not sure it’ll make any odds either way, but as it stands there’s no fixtures for the gw so I’m not using it.

manual_man wrote: »
    I’m saving mine. I’m not sure it’ll make any odds either way, but as it stands there’s no fixtures for the gw so I’m not using it.

I may have to do the same. But what if they do lump all the fixtures into one GW38 which seemed the most logical move up until this morning other than calling it as concluded.

• Advertisement

Because that would just be too dam helpful! Incredibly frustrating how mysterious they are being. All they need to say is if we'll get more weeks or the crazy monster week once fixtures have been arranged! I'm working on the assumption that there will be at least a few weeks added now.

I'm not doing my bb now.

jimmii wrote: »
    Because that would just be too dam helpful! Incredibly frustrating how mysterious they are being. All they need to say is if we'll get more weeks or the crazy monster week once fixtures have been arranged! I'm working on the assumption that there will be at least a few weeks added now.

I'm not doing my bb now.

It is almost a certainty imo.
    And if I was a betting man I would bet on an extra WC.

What will they do about H2H leagues.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I may have to do the same. But what if they do lump all the fixtures into one GW38 which seemed the most logical move up until this morning other than calling it as concluded.
    I think if it was the case (or likely to be) that they would have announced it by now. Then again they've bungled things so badly so who really knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah I'm the same, had WC'd last week to BB this week, but holding the BB off this week too.
    Hoping for the same. Didn't they give an extra wildcard a few years back when the site crashed before the deadline.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm the same, had WC'd last week to BB this week, but holding the BB off this week too.

Hoping for the same. Didn't they give an extra wildcard a few years back when the site crashed before the deadline.

Yep
    I’d say it’s almost a certainty
    If the game restarts with extra gameweeks months after the last gameweek they will give an extra WC
    Those who still have there second one will be in a very strong position then
    I still have free hit

I had assumed the game was just going to end tbh
    Now I’m beginning to start thinking about it again .....

What will they do about H2H leagues.......

That would be ridiculous so sounds exactly what they'll do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,149 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Didn't they give an extra wildcard a few years back when the site crashed before the deadline.

2011 I believe so yeah a "few" years back. :)

2011 I believe so yeah a "few" years back. :)

Wow was it that long ago! Very different scenario this time everyone is disadvantaged this time that time it was only the late comers I don't think this warrants an extra wc.

Wow was it that long ago! Very different scenario this time everyone is disadvantaged this time that time it was only the late comers I don't think this warrants an extra wc.

I think the fact that a lot of people used it last week due to the confusion that they created might influence proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I think the fact that a lot of people used it last week due to the confusion that they created might influence proceedings.

It was obvious that it was stupid to be using wildcards and chips recently with no official info.

• Advertisement

I think the opposite
    The very fact that everyone is disadvantaged makes it MORE likely that everyone will therefore be given a WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I think the opposite
    The very fact that everyone is disadvantaged makes it MORE likely that everyone will therefore be given a WC

Has everyone been disadvantaged though? It would seem to be a get out of jail free card for anyone who used their wildcard earlier in the season, or who took a calculated gamble using it in GW37. For anyone who held their fire and kept it, they seem to be getting the short straw.

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    It was obvious that it was stupid to be using wildcards and chips recently with no official info.

If it was obvious, why were so many well informed players wildcarding?

Has everyone been disadvantaged though? It would seem to be a get out of jail free card for anyone who used their wildcard earlier in the season, or who took a calculated gamble using it in GW37. For anyone who held their fire and kept it, they seem to be getting the short straw.

I wildcarded early but had a plan for rest of season which included having 2 FT and a full team heading into 31 when a lot of teams would have been decimated and/or would have had to use WC/Chip. GW 31 did not happen obviously. I am now stuck with a team of gw 31 players and didn't get the boost I had hoped for. I also had plenty of transfers to plan for the DGWs
    Those who used their WC last week did so in the hope/expectation that the rules would continue to be applied as the have been since 31 i.e. deadlines would come and go and the game would end. Playing WC was just a failsafe for them in case all games were lumped into 31.
    The last minute information update is no good to them now.
    Whomever held their wildcard would still have that along with any new one.
    So they will not be disadvantaged.

It is effectively a new mini season so IF it happens I will be amazed if there is not an extra WC.

Not sure what they can do about H2H leagues however. They will be over tomorrow I would say.

Of course all of this is caveated by the expectation that the PL restarts at all

I wildcarded early but had a plan for rest of season which included having 2 FT and a full team heading into 31 when a lot of teams would have been decimated and/or would have had to use WC/Chip. GW 31 did not happen obviously. I am now stuck with a team of gw 31 players and didn't get the boost I had hoped for. I also had plenty of transfers to plan for the DGWs
    Those who used their WC last week did so in the hope/expectation that the rules would continue to be applied as the have been since 31 i.e. deadlines would come and go and the game would end. Playing WC was just a failsafe for them in case all games were lumped into 31.
    The last minute information update is no good to them now.
    Whomever held their wildcard would still have that along with any new one.
    So they will not be disadvantaged.

It is effectively a new mini season so IF it happens I will be amazed if there is not an extra WC.

Not sure what they can do about H2H leagues however. They will be over tomorrow I would say.

Of course all of this is caveated by the expectation that the PL restarts at all

I'd still have to disagree on the point about being disadvantaged. It's much more advantageous for me to have one wildcard when other people have none, than to have two and everyone get one extra.

If they add in 9 extra game weeks in roughly the same order they were in previously, I can't see many good reasons to gift an extra wildcard to everyone. It's clearly just gifting extra points to people who made a conscious decision earlier in the season to go without a wildcard during the upcoming DGWs.

I'd still have to disagree on the point about being disadvantaged. It's much more advantageous for me to have one wildcard when other people have none, than to have two and everyone get one extra.

If they add in 9 extra game weeks in roughly the same order they were in previously, I can't see many good reasons to gift an extra wildcard to everyone. It's clearly just gifting extra points to people who made a conscious decision earlier in the season to go without a wildcard during the upcoming DGWs.

I made a conscious decision to use it and plan for blank ge 31 leaving me with enough players and transfers coming out of it for the doubles
    I didn’t get gameweek 31 to take advantage of

I made a conscious decision to use it and plan for blank ge 31 leaving me with enough players and transfers coming out of it for the doubles
    I didn’t get gameweek 31 to take advantage of

I planned for GW31 aswell, I had dreck like Rico and McNeill in my team for weeks in the lead up to it, I dont think suffering with them in my team entitles me to an extra WC though.

It's worth mentioning that everyone has had the ability to do free weekly transfers for the past 9 weeks to set themselves up, which is essentially a wildcard in itself so there has been ample time to rectify what you describe.

Who knows what they'll do but my initial point was that those who still had their wildcard would be getting shafted if they start divvying out extra ones, I dont think there's any doubt about that really.

I planned for GW31 aswell, I had dreck like Rico and McNeill in my team for weeks in the lead up to it, I dont think suffering with them in my team entitles me to an extra WC though.

It's worth mentioning that everyone has had the ability to do free weekly transfers for the past 9 weeks to set themselves up, which is essentially a wildcard in itself so there has been ample time to rectify what you describe.

Who knows what they'll do but my initial point was that those who still had their wildcard would be getting shafted if they start divvying out extra ones, I dont think there's any doubt about that really.

I did not make weekly transfers for 2 reasons
    1. It affects rank.
    2. I did not know if I was making transfers for a huge gw38 or for additional gameweeks or if they were going to stick to their rules and end the game

In the event that they do hand out an extra WC you will still have an extra WC and be in a very strong position

Anyway it is all conjecture. As far as I was concerned they stuck to the gameweek deadlines all along starting with GW31 so the game should just end tomorrow!

Be interesting to see what they do decide in the event of a restart. Whether right or wrong I would bet on an extra WC

I did not make weekly transfers for 2 reasons
    1. It affects rank.
    2. I did not know if I was making transfers for a huge gw38 or for additional gameweeks or if they were going to stick to their rules and end the game

In the event that they do hand out an extra WC you will still have an extra WC and be in a very strong position

Anyway it is all conjecture. As far as I was concerned they stuck to the gameweek deadlines all along starting with GW31 so the game should just end tomorrow!

Be interesting to see what they do decide in the event of a restart. Whether right or wrong I would bet on an extra WC

Agreed telling us we're sticking to the original deadlines then after the last deadline be like ok now we're making all these changes seems the most unfair way to do things possible!

• Advertisement

I accept that I am completely biased by the way :D

I am just predicting what I think is most likely scenario assuming extra gameweeks are added

Advertisement