Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

I have BB and FH left.

I used my WC last week with the intention of using BB this week depending on what noises may have come from FPL.

They predictably made a noise just 2 days before the final GW was due to start.

And they took that opportunity to clear up absolutely nothing other than throw more doubt in to the situation. It feels like they are playing games. And not good ones. It’s not like they have plenty of good faith in the bank (have I mixed up expressions there?).

I can’t believe that anyone thinks being able to use ANY chip on a unprecedentedly monster GW is fair.

I could use BB for such a GW but I would have no joy in winning any leagues that would come with it.

There are many many podcasts, websites and twitter feeds making plenty of money on the back of us but not one stood up and pushed FPL for some clarity. Useless bunch. At least we didn’t expect anything better from FPL.

Not sure who owns the game but the people running it should be out on their ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I have BB and FH left.

I used my WC last week with the intention of using BB this week depending on what noises may have come from FPL.

They predictably made a noise just 2 day before the final GW was due to start.

And they took that opportunity to clear up absolutely nothing other than throw more doubt in to the situation. It feels like they are playing games. And not good ones. It’s not like they have plenty of good faith in the bank (have I mixed up expressions there?).

I can’t believe that anyone thinks being able to use ANY chip on a unprecedentedly monster GW is fair.

I could use BB for such a GW but I would have no joy in winning any leagues that would come with it.

There are many many podcasts, websites and twitter feeds making plenty of money on the back of us but not one stood up and pushed FPL for some clarity. Useless bunch. At least we didn’t expect anything better from FPL.

Not sure who owns the game but the people running it should be out on their ear.

Did the same (only 374 WCs played last week according to GW37 status tab)
    Have moved up 103 places since the suspension of the PL to an OR of 10906.
    No grey arrows.
    Like many have not though about the game but will be keen as mustard when footie and FPL returns.
    Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

There's only one thing the guys at FPL head quarters can do now to sort out this mess and that's to appoint Mick Foley as commissioner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

There's only one thing the guys at FPL head quarters can do now to sort out this mess and that's to appoint Mick Foley as commissioner.

This mess wouldn’t happen under Vince McMahon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

Raging I already used my Tables Ladders & Chairs chip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any leaked team news for today ?
    Expect a few suprises and lots of goals as per usual
    I’ve played my all out attack chip
    Baines Captain - likely to be his final game so he is nailed on to score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I've gone TC on Aguero, he'll probably stuffer a slight sprain in the warm up then Jesus will appear outta nowhere to cash in his money in bank chip and score 4 goals.

8 years ago aguero got the late winner
    Thank god I didn’t play back then as he would prob have been my captain at home to QPR and I would have hated myself for celebrating the goal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    8 years ago aguero got the late winner
    Thank god I didn’t play back then as he would prob have been my captain at home to QPR and I would have hated myself for celebrating the goal :D

He was mine, and he won me my league:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

4 years ago, Giroud got the hat trick on the last day against an already relegated and godawful Villa team. I had him captain and the sexy b*stard won me 3 leagues totaling about 2 grand in cash. I wasn't top of any of the leagues going into the last day, and nobody else around me touched Giroud on that fateful, final day.

He will always have a place in my heart.

5c08c1b4adad43c236b58440b0b51b0e.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    He was mine, and he won me my league:)

Him taking off the jersey to celebrate the goal cost me one league.

Oh Jesus :D
    Imagine that is what you remember about that moment
    This game does strange things to us !

I might miss it

Moved up one place to 1005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Same, I'll never forget it! It was my work league, had him captain and lost it by a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Right lads....am one of those players who sat back over last 2 months as had bigger fish to fry.
    Have 2nd W/C still available to play.In a nutshell I think they will give everyone another W/C and will play on into. GW 39,40,41 etc scenario....that’s the fairest way to do things imo and then people who have other chips left can use them during those GW’s.

It makes no logical sense to have a monster GW38 and I would go as far to say that it would turn thousands of semi serious players off ever playing the Game again as it would totally undermine the integrity of FPL.
    Sometimes we give out about how an assist etc was given....what the hell are we meant to think of it if FPL throw all the games into one GW.

Same, I'll never forget it! It was my work league, had him captain and lost it by a point.

Exact same the elation when aguero scored to the devestation when he took off the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

If you look at the cup it is down to the final this week, hard for them to reverse games but will be interesting if it is a coin toss again.

Gameweek rank etc has not updated.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gameweek rank etc has not updated.........

Shure we've 100 games to go in the gameweek ;)

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Shure we've 100 games to go in the gameweek ;)

It still hasn’t been updated so something is stirring

I wonder if they updated it would that mean the game was closed off for the season . So it will be left like this until fixtures are confirmed etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭shmeee

It still hasn’t been updated so something is stirring

I wonder if they updated it would that mean the game was closed off for the season . So it will be left like this until fixtures are confirmed etc

They won't be able to fix this game. All chips now unavailable as expected.

Any software engineers out there know can this be changed if already preset.

If it was able to be changed, they would not have ran blank GWs all along.

Maybe this was discussed here recently , so apologise to be repeating stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

shmeee wrote:
    Any software engineers out there know can this be changed if already preset.

They just need to turn it off and turn it back on again, it will be grand then.

It will be interesting to see what happens there is a return to training vote today that needs 14 clubs to approve and many high profile players expressing concerns.

Some of the Bundesliga stuff was farcical can't celebrate a goal and you cam have a 6 man wall for a free-kick

kilburn wrote: »
    They just need to turn it off and turn it back on again, it will be grand then.

It will be interesting to see what happens there is a return to training vote today that needs 14 clubs to approve and many high profile players expressing concerns.

Some of the Bundesliga stuff was farcical can't celebrate a goal and you cam have a 6 man wall for a free-kick

What I found most hilarious was the subs socially distancing on the bench and wearing masks
    But lads grappling from corners etc is fine :D

I think they are one player getting ill away from it all stopping and being cancelled for the year tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

What I found most hilarious was the subs socially distancing on the bench and wearing masks
    But lads grappling from corners etc is fine :D

I think they are one player getting ill away from it all stopping and being cancelled for the year tbh

As well as that in one game the players forgot themselves when team scored and all piled in to celebrate with the goal scorer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52726278

That will presumably cause another delay?

Wonder if more will follow Deeneys lead now too.

jimmii wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52726278

That will presumably cause another delay?

Wonder if more will follow Deeneys lead now too.

Cant imagine it will. Was always going to be some testing positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cant imagine it will. Was always going to be some testing positive.

I guess it depends on who they are. A few key players at certain clubs and they'll start pushing a lot harder to delay further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

jimmii wrote: »
    I guess it depends on who they are. A few key players at certain clubs and they'll start pushing a lot harder to delay further.

One person is the Burnley assistant manager.

There was always going to be a couple of cases, the key now is to isolate those individuals and prevent the spread to a large scale. And obviously hoping they make a full recovery.

What will the numbers be like in one week's time, and two weeks etc. Preventing the spread from 3 clubs to all 20 clubs will be critical here.

I think it just needs to be treated like missing a player through injury/flu. Obviously something needs to be put in place if a team is missing a certain amount of players then the club affected should be given the option to postpone the game.

• Advertisement

Game updated ranks , head to head leagues etc
    So gw38 is complete

Advertisement