Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munroe Bergdorf dropped by the NSPCC

Options
  • 12-06-2019 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

Last week the prominent transgender celebrity Munroe Bergdorf was appointed as a childline ambassador by the NSPCC. There was an outcry, mainly by feminist groups that this was inappropriate due to Bergdorf's history of encouraging children to contact "her" privately if their parents weren't supportive. This goes against all safeguarding guidelines. There were also other issues regarding racist and homophobic tweets posted by Bergdorf.

The NSPCC reviewed this and decided that Bergdorf was not an appropriate ambassador for their Childline service and rescinded the role. Cue the outrage from the woke bros on Twitter who tried to paint this as transphobia. The Guardian, BBC, Owen Jones and several other prominent right-on dudes posted that this was a disgrace, while completely ignoring the concerns that were highlighted.

Then today it emerged that the NSPCC official who hired Bergdorf may also not be an ideal person to be working for a children's charity. He posted publicly videos and photos of himself dressed in gimp and rubber suits. Again, the woke bros swarmed Twitter to defend him, saying that what he did in private was his own business and any criticism was blatant homophobia.

Until a couple of hours ago when screenshots emerged of him dressed in rubber under his work clothes boasting about him masturbating in the toilets of his employer - the NSPCC. The woke bros have since gone very quiet.

https://twitter.com/BurgessWave/status/1138913878409142276?s=19

Comments

A Childline ambassador? Good grief. Some cognitive dissonance trying to justify that one.

i eagerly await the 'phobe accusations against you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Sooner we get off this planet the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Wtf deos woke mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The guy should have left this to after work hours and away from kids.

BUT NOOOOO. HE HAD TO BE A DEPRAVED FÜCKER…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

i eagerly await the 'phobe accusations against you

I am not transphobic, I am gender critical. I just don't buy into this non-scientific nonsense. And I most certainly am not homophobic. I would have huge concerns about anyone involved in child protection posting kink videos online, regardless of their sexuality. What is very worrying is the amount of people who try to defend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

_blaaz wrote: »
    Wtf deos woke mean?

Its a stupid word in the current trendy meaning.

The only woke I will use, will be, "I woke up early this morning".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

How many positions is this that she has lost? She was dropped by L'Oreal (guess she's not worth it :p) and she had something with the Labour Party which didn't work out. There maybe others. I don't really give her much attention. She's a gobsh!te.

Wtf deos woke mean?

You know what it means. How about you comment and address the substantive issues in my post instead of trying to deflect. Do you think it is appropriate for someone to encourage children to contact a stranger on the internet behind their parent's back and do you think it is appropriate for a high ranking official of the NSPCC to post publicly viewable photos and videos of their kink lifestyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Munroe is one ****ed up poisonous piece of work.

I've no problem with Trans people, I have a problem with poisonous nasty ****ers though, that stuff is all between the ears not about gender, sexuality etc.

• Advertisement

McDermotX wrote: »
    Sooner we get off this planet the better.

It means your bank balance is rising and shining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I find the whole mindless defense of this type of thing worrying.

Its like a cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Dante7 wrote: »
    The woke bros have since gone very quiet.

Should be interesting to see how quite this thread gets.

You know what it means. How about you comment and address the substantive issues in my post instead of trying to deflect. Do you think it is appropriate for someone to encourage children to contact a stranger on the internet behind their parent's back and do you think it is appropriate for a high ranking official of the NSPCC to post publicly viewable photos and videos of their kink lifestyle?

I dont know what it means,i seen it said online...but googling it,just leads to confusion!

Nah...fcuk that..kids should contact childline for trained profesiomals

As for the high ranking person posting pics of strange sh1te,dont see the harm tbh,so long as its legal and on a personal page and not the company facebook page like..what harm??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Last week the prominent transgender celebrity Munroe Bergdorf was appointed as a childline ambassador by the NSPCC.

It’s names like that alone that really should be enough to dissuade multiisms. A catastrophic clusterfùck of no particular abode

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I dont know what it means,i seen it said online...but googling it,just leads to confusion!

As for the high ranking person posting pics of strange sh1te,dont see the harm tbh,so long as its legal and on a personal page and not the company facebook page like..what harm??

If you worked for a charity dedicated to child protection, and posted a pic of you in your fetish wear to your personal page...
    Boasting about the sexually risqué behaviour you just indulged in at your place of employment?

You really don't see the harm?
    The risk of reputational damage?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Do you think it is appropriate for someone to encourage children to contact a stranger on the internet behind their parent's back?

Does that not essentially describe child line?

Your Face wrote: »
    I find the whole mindless defense of this type of thing worrying.

Its like a cult.

It is a cult, from the repetitive chanting on the street, hunting out sinners especially Internal enemies, fighting the forces of evil, the certainty of righteousness.

The people who joined the Christian Brothers years ago are now activists.

That isn't a flippant comment, they are the same.

Indeed it seems the loopier the name the bigger the looper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

So she's a he when s/he does something wrong

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    If you worked for a charity dedicated to child protection, and posted a pic of you in your fetish wear to your personal page...
    Boasting about the sexually risqué behaviour you just indulged in at your place of employment?

You really don't see the harm?
    The risk of reputational damage?

I can the reputational damage (i wouldnt do it like)...but not the harm

So long as no law been broken and noone hurt...what harm??

Its a personal page,and so long as not linked to company page or affecting their ability to do their job or the company,each to their own......

i used see some oddball.sh1t on social media back in the day....where do you draw the line of lads messing doing retarded crap online and sacking em

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah he can do what he wants in his free time but filming himself pissing and **** in the work toilet and posting it where it's easy to find really isn't ok. it's highly inappropriate for any workplace and especially one that is the official child protection charity of the UK. The fetish stuff was linked to on his professional LinkedIn page btw. It seems there was no separation of his work and sexual life here. It's pretty bad.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Does that not essentially describe child line?

No. Encouraging children to contact a stranger online goes against all safeguarding guidelines. Bergdorf advocated this in their role as a trans celebrity. When confronted about this Bergdorf doubled down and insisted it was fine. It most certainly was not. Do you not see the problem with this?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The fetish stuff was linked to on his professional LinkedIn page btw. It seems there was no separation of his work and sexual life here. It's pretty bad.

Jesus
    How deos someone this dumb get that high up a job?

I've no problem with what he does in private but celebrating pissing everywhere and **** in the toilet of your children's charity is all k8nds of ****ed up.

Jesus
    How deos someone this dumb get that high up a job?

It isn't a barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Doubt they’ll ever recover from this. Close down the charity full stop

What kind of upbringing might a Munroe Bergdorf have had anyway. A Jussie Smollet and all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Bobblehats wrote: »
    It’s names like that alone that really should be enough to dissuade multiisms. A catastrophic clusterfùck of no particular abode

It reminds me of the characters that write to the letters page in Viz magazine.

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It reminds me of the characters that write to the letters page in Viz magazine.

If I ever have kids I will call them Ann and Barry. Don’t want them grow up to be tapped

Advertisement