Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munroe Bergdorf dropped by the NSPCC

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Well that’s true of all societies. Whenever there’s a moral code people who transgress the moral code privately are often the most public defenders of it.

Also I do notice a fair bit of misogyny creeping into the pro trans debate from the bearded whatsnots. Women need to suck it up if they are uncomfortable with penises in once safe female spaces. Lesbians better get to like dick.

Then there’s the fact that while much of the public criticism of extreme trans ideology is from men, like glinner, the verbal and physical attacks are on terfs. Which means, in general, women.

It’s like the bearded wokes were anti women all along and hiding it behind a veil of pseudo feminism.

I think a lot of feminists don't give a **** about women. They just care about themselves, and use feminism as an excuse to blame their own personal failures on men.

"I'm not the head of a FTSE 500 company, it's because of the patriarchy!"

Eh no, it's because you don't work 60 hours a week, don't have a MBA, don't spend your life networking, and simply don't have it in you.

Me too btw, I don't work 60 hours a week, don't have a MBA, don't spend my life networking, and simply don't have it in me. But I don't blame men for this. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Then there’s the fact that while much of the public criticism of extreme trans ideology is from men, like glinner, the verbal and physical attacks are on terfs. Which means, in general, women.

terf were called white supremacists on the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

FYI - The Suffragettes were white supremacists who were fighting for WHITE womens rights - they specifically left black women out of the movement. It is not 100 years since women got the vote it's 100 years since WHITE women got the vote. Black women couldnt vote until MUCH later
    MB public announcement feb 18

http://https://mobile.twitter.com/MunroeBergdorf/status/965391527014027264

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Er, no they werent. Not least because it’s a new term.

• Advertisement

Er, no they werent. Not least because it’s a new term.

Er yes they were cos someone said so and so it has to be held as true.

.* note to self add icon next time.

Er yes they were cos someone said so and so it has to be held as true.

.* note to self add icon next time.

I don’t think icons are going to help the lack of clarity in your posts.

On a serious note.

Looks as if there are suggestions that the NSPCC Education packs about sexual abuse have downgraded child sex abuse from any sexual contact to sexual contact which worries the child.

If this is true the organisation has a systemic problem with safeguarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

Putting everything aside, would Munroe Bergdorf really have been dropped if she was a straight white man? I doubt it!

hcf500 wrote: »
    Putting everything aside, would Munroe Bergdorf really have been dropped if she was a straight white man? I doubt it!

You posted this earlier today:
    Im white so there is shame on me. I can accept that.

Please tell me you're a troll account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    You posted this earlier today:

Please tell me you're a troll account.

Where is the conflict?

Where is the conflict?

If that's a "no", then obviously I'm not going to engage in conversation with a racist, sexist, heterophobe who is clearly unable to think things through.

"But you can't be racist against whites".

"But you can't be sexist against men".

"But you can't be bigots against heterosexuals".

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Yes. Bergdorf was hired because she was transgender. She was fired for breaching safeguarding guidelines by asking children to contact her privately without their parents knowledge. Anyone who did this, male, female, transgender, straight, gay, black or white would be similarly dropped. It's that simple. Stop putting hurt feelings ahead of child safety.

Where is the conflict?

It’s hard to actually explain to people colonised by American thought that Irish people have a different history to American whites. It shouldn’t be but it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

"Such a problematic person, there are many transpeople of substance I would gladly see take this role, rather than a wanna be z lister, self promoting narcissist."

That sums it up for me. I will never understand someone claiming to be discriminated against daily, and supposedly wishing to help others being victimised, using the word ****** to insult someone else. She is a brat, and those defending her are not much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

She/hes a weirdo, playing the professional victim all the time. I suppose she/he wouldn't have a job otherwise. She got made a show of in this YouTube clip

http://https://youtu.be/VQTnnDCXZNM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Danzy wrote: »
    Anal Retentive fundamentalist.

Not sure why you call yourself that which does come across as homophobic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I see that this racist lady has been re-hired by L’Oréal.

“She will now join the company's UK diversity and inclusion advisory board.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52984555

Looks like I now need to switch my deodorant. Pity, I liked the L’Oreal Men Export roll-on and could always get them better than half price on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Micheal Monroe blew his horn in my ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Micheal Monroe blew his horn in my ear

Ms. Bergdorf would probably do the same, if given the opportunity.

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »
    I am not transphobic, I am gender critical. I just don't buy into this non-scientific nonsense. And I most certainly am not homophobic. I would have huge concerns about anyone involved in child protection posting kink videos online, regardless of their sexuality. What is very worrying is the amount of people who try to defend this.

Nah man. In this case I would be a fully fledged transphobe

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Moved from AH > CA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Was she yer wan that L’Oreal fired for saying that all white people are racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Was she yer wan that L’Oreal fired for saying that all white people are racist?

There is a long list of people calls racist.

Recently tore in to JK Rowling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Presume the BLM movement is now the new #MeToo, with all the corresponding virtuousness associated with it.
    Similarly with BLM, collateral damage will be expected .... and of course tolerated.

Advertisement