Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card daily withdrawal limit

Options
  • 13-06-2019 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Is it possible to increase the daily withdrawal limit on credit cards?

Currently I have a BOI classic credit card and can only withdraw 700 from an ATM a day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

InfoHungry wrote: »
    You know you pay interest on that money ? Its effectively a high interest loan !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 InfoHungry

Ya I know but unfortunately it’s my only option

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Currently I have a BOI classic credit card and can only withdraw 700 from an ATM a day

Are you mad withdrawing 700 off a credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi InfoHungry,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. The maximum you can withdraw using your Credit Card at an ATM is €700 per day. If you wish to withdraw more than this it would need to be done over a 2 day period. Please be advised that a cash advance fee will apply when using your Credit Card at an ATM.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

I'm sure op knows this isn't the most cost effective way of raising funds but if someone is looking to withdraw over 700 at short notice then there is probably some serious sh!t going on.

Being called out as 'mad' might not be the best thing at this time.

op - if this isnt the case and you are just going on a spending spree whatever then sorry!
    If you are in serious trouble tho - maybe they are other forms of help you haven't considered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 InfoHungry

km991148 wrote: »

I'm sure op knows this isn't the most cost effective way of raising funds but if someone is looking to withdraw over 700 at short notice then there is probably some serious sh!t going on.

Being called out as 'mad' might not be the best thing at this time.

op - if this isnt the case and you are just going on a spending spree whatever then sorry!
    If you are in serious trouble tho - maybe they are other forms of help you haven't considered?
    Thanks, km991148.

It's definitely not for a spending spree and there are other places I can go but I just don't have the time.

It will only short term and will be paid off soon. I have the interest + cash advance fees worked out and I'm aware of what I'll be paying back.

Thank you all for your input and to be honest I am a bit mad smile.png

Advertisement