Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Other Forum Games' Subforum

Options
  • 13-06-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

The forum mods are delighted that some new games have started to be playing in FG.

In an effort to nurture these games whilst also keeping the main FG forum tidy, as per the charter, the Codenames subforum is being renamed to 'Other Forum Games'.

The intention is that all sign up threads, for Sheeps / Peehs / Codenames and any other games that require a sign up thread, to remain in the main Forum Games Forum; and any reveal or game threads to be hosted in the 'Other Forum Games' sub forum.

For In/Out, games should be hosted in the 'Other Forum Games' sub forum, and a notification thread informing people of new games can be established in the main Forum Games forum.

Ill leave the sheep/peehs notification thread where it is for another couple of games, then it will move over to the Other Forum Games subforum, as we have for the WW notification thread.

20 questions gets a special dispensation and stays where it is.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd like to formally lodge a complaint against the 20 Questions thread :p Cheating combining multiple games into one makes it the highest posting thread :pac:

Good idea, better to have the subforum used at least. I don't suppose anything can be done about all the silly 'Moved' threads in the main forum now no? They'll disappear over time I guess as others are posted in/created...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote:
    Good idea, better to have the subforum used at least. I don't suppose anything can be done about all the silly 'Moved' threads in the main forum now no? They'll disappear over time I guess as others are posted in/created...

They will be gone in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So if I have other other other forum games suggestions for the future, should they go in forum games or other forum games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Rikand wrote:
    So if I have other other other forum games suggestions for the future, should they go in forum games or other forum games ?

There is a workshopping thread for new games if you want to propose them. If you want to dive in and set up a game, create the sign up in forum games, the game thread in other forum games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Good idea. Stops clogging up the main forum :)

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necro wrote: »
    I'd like to formally lodge a complaint against the 20 Questions thread :p Cheating combining multiple games into one makes it the highest posting thread :pac:

cheating, lol.

You really shouldn't hold it in such contempt and come play.

Help it become the first 10k thread in FG.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    Help it become the first 10k thread in FG.

Never!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Necro wrote: »

Good idea, better to have the subforum used at least. I don't suppose anything can be done about all thesilly 'Moved' threads in the main forum now no? They'll disappear over time I guess as others are posted in/created...

They’re redirects and may disappear. If they bother the forum let me know and I can edit them.

Advertisement