Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Zoe heavy refresh nearly here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

If it wasn't so plasticky inside. It's not bad, but just feels like a slightly cheaper version of Clio (I'm talking about current model).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

jontr wrote: »
    If it wasn't so plasticky inside. It's not bad, but just feels like a slightly cheaper version of Clio (I'm talking about current model).
    It is not cheap plasticky anymore. New dashboard is very nice, even with just the 7" screen. With 9,6" it looks even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I have been mulling over buying an EV for several years now - I think the Zoe 50 will be the car that will finally tip the balance for me. I am looking forward to having a test drive - but I really liked the Zoe 40 when I drove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Did you spot the Model 3 & eGolf when he heads out on his drive?!!

491512.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is he in Norway? Would be more remarkable to not spot an e-golf or model 3 if he was! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah not many rattlebox BMW 520d over there. Unlike Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Did you spot the Model 3 & eGolf when he heads out on his drive?!!

491512.jpg

You'll **** yourself if you watch this!

Your link is not working, you need to remove the 4 spaces at the end, like so:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

unkel wrote: »
    Your link is not working, you need to remove the 4 spaces at the end, like so:

Thanks. It was working for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is he in Norway? Would be more remarkable to not spot an e-golf or model 3 if he was! :pac:

Yeah, Norway is where it’s at for EVs. It’s an exaggeration to say that every second car is an EV, but it’s very common to see two of them in sequence at the lights for example, and if you go to wealthier areas of Oslo like Majorstuen, Skøyen or Bygdøy (where the Viking ship museum is) then literally every second car is a Tesla or i3.

leasing deal in Germany seems cheap.
    https://www.sparneuwagen.de/renault-zoe-experience-r135-z-e-50-leasing-fuer-200-euro-im-monat-netto-inkl-batteriemiete-full-service/

199 for people running their own company and 238 for private including battery rental and servicing.

...except VW are basically giving away e-golf on lease deals at the moment while they try to get rid of them.

fricatus wrote: »
    Yeah, Norway is where it’s at for EVs. It’s an exaggeration to say that every second car is an EV, but it’s very common to see two of them in sequence at the lights for example, and if you go to wealthier areas of Oslo like Majorstuen, Skøyen or Bygdøy (where the Viking ship museum is) then literally every second car is a Tesla or i3.

About 60% of all new cars sold in Norway this year is a pure EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 flerg

Never again Renault electric..... fluence ze or Zoe......too many "updates" at 250e a go! When software problems kick In which they will. Just bought a Nissan leaf 2019.

flerg wrote: »
    Never again Renault electric..... fluence ze or Zoe......too many "updates" at 250e a go! When software problems kick In which they will. Just bought a Nissan leaf 2019.
    You've only every posted about Fluence and that was 5 years ago. Have you ever owned a Zoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭adunis

Hmm I've had 6 Renault's,I replaced a instrument cluster ,1 egr valve and half a dozen window cables,worst car I everowner was a Skoda a brand new one at that,followed by an Audi.
    Now let's see who are actually the mass market EV pioneers .....oh that's right RENAULT,you know the people who own Nissan

• Registered Users Posts: 30 flerg

rivegauche wrote: »
    You've only every posted about Fluence and that was 5 years ago. Have you ever owned a Zoe?

I had a 2014 Renault fluence ze with more problems you could shake a stick at. I adored it but compared to it the Zoe is small and cheap looking. I just retired the Fluence ze after new motor put in and 4 updates done and now problem with peb (inverter needed replacing).......and Renault Ireland taking a month to remove the battery so I can scrap it after it past it's nct and had 4 new tyres put in the wk prior. Thought about buying a Zoe (trade in) but after researching, mostly on .....

https://www.speakev.com/forums/renault-zoe/page-2

I decided once bitten twice shy.........
    Didn't know Nissan owned Renault.......how are the Leafs so much more reliable I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Leafs are made in UK and totally different platforms and I don’t think components are shared. They are working on new shared platform but its a few years away.

French built cars i have found to be either the most reliable or the most unreliable experiences. My theory its down to the shift on the production line or if there is worker / management relashionship issues at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n9tdiIQxI8&feature=youtu.be
    German audio and text.

An encouraging report:
    German guy went on a long trip on the autobahn at top speed in a Zoe ZE50: at between 140 and 145kmph he has a range of over 200 kilometres.
    Recorded recently so ambient temperature would have been in the teens.

As battery degradation on the Zoe is negligible this makes the Zoe50 a very realistic commuter vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

rivegauche wrote: »

As battery degradation on the Zoe is negligible this makes the Zoe50 a very realistic commuter vehicle.

It’s a bit more than a commuter, this is Cork > Dublin territory at normal speeds. It’s a budget all rounder.

flerg wrote: »

Can you explain that one please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Have we any update on availability? Read earlier in the thread possibly Sept but, since the UK has the pricing announced hopefully it will be soon enough :).

Will be interesting now after tomorrows budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Your friendly local dealer now has pricing on this car, from €27k + delivery after VRT and Grant

I got my hands on an R135 yesterday and it is essentially a new car in all but exterior design - which is still a solid trip to the gym over the 2012 incarnation. It handles better, it moves better, it's more comfortable and the interior is just a much much nicer place to be, which is to be expected on an evolution 7 years after launch.

395km on 15" steel wheels, 386km on 16" alloys. If you're shopping for a car that'll never see an N road or motorway you should expect upwards of 400km in b-mode, which although one pedal driving, isn't as harsh as e-pedal.

I also don't get the massive focus on the size of the vehicle, it's actually quite spacious inside, you're not going to comfortably put any more people in a Kona or Soul than you will in a Zoe for the €10k premium you're paying.

A someone who's done over 15k in Zoes this year, I'm so happy I'll be getting CarPlay in the next one, but my favourite thing has to be the proper steering wheel.

CCS is standard on R135 models for the Irish market, the GT Line range topper is €32k and is only available with R135, Iconic mid-range has the option of both motors and Play entry level is R110 only.

ninty9er wrote: »
    Your friendly local dealer now has pricing on this car, from €27k + delivery after VRT and Grant

delivery and charges are what - €1500 -

So €28.5K for a 52Kwh battery

I have have to go and have a talk with them - those numbers could work for me.

Ninety is CCS an option or standard on the R110 my fear is if option it bumps the price into R135 territory.

• Advertisement

adunis wrote: »
    Ninety is CCS an option or standard on the R110 my fear is if option it bumps the price into R135 territory.

It's an option - put it this way, the R110 isn't under-powered if you're coming out of a diesel Golf or Focus, but the R135 is worth the extra €1250 on top of the CCS option.

The car is quite well specced and I'd be more likely to compare it to a Captur or Kona size wise than to a Clio or i20. I'm 6'2" and they managed to fit me in the boot on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

52kWh and 28.5k is very decent, but look at the size of the car, it's a supermini

Something Megane size would be alot more useful with such a battery, that would be a no brainer over petrol Megane

You can get a brand new petrol Clio for €15,000,

€13500 buys alot of petrol and someone doing big milage might not be too comfortable in a little Zoe on the motorway

Drove a Zoe before and while grand in the city, it's dog slow on the motorway

Any idea how much e208 or eCorsa will cost, they charge alot faster and have good shove

Mike9832 wrote: »
    52kWh and 28.5k is very decent, but look at the size of the car, it's a supermini
    It's not really, it's a B-SUV size car - you will not comfortable fit even one more person in a Kona or Soul
    Something Megane size would be alot more useful with such a battery, that would be a no brainer over petrol Megane
    It's called the Leaf, Nissan offers it and for the same range you're paying more than €10k extra

€13500 buys alot of petrol and someone doing big milage might not be too comfortable in a little Zoe on the motorway
    I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but if you check the manufacturer website it should put you right on price.
    It'll outperform any standard Golf, Focus, Corolla on the motorway in the current form before you even bring the R135 engine into play.
    Any idea how much e208 or eCorsa will cost, they charge alot faster and have good shove
    Where will they charge a lot faster? At these CCS chargers near to everybody's destination? A Zoe will charge almost 3 times faster on 95% of public charge points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Early reviews seem to be favouring the Zoe over e208 though

ninty9er wrote: »

It'll outperform any standard Golf, Focus, Corolla on the motorway in the current form before you even bring the R135 engine into play.

No it won't, it's a dog on the motorway

After 100, it's nearly going in reverse

0-100 in 12 secs is not exactly quick either

Any diesel version of those cars pulls way harder on the motorway

• Advertisement

Old diesel wrote: »

Handling supposed to crap on it

Very heavy

Thats the older model, haven't they upped the bhp on the latest model. Believe its 0-100 in about 9seconds now or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've never seen any review that says the Zoe is anything other than meh in terms of acceleration or performance.

That said if you are used to driving cars with similar performance you won't bothered by it. Wouldn't bother me personally.

If I was doing a lot of long miles in fast traffic, you might feel you need something else.

https://www.evspecifications.com/en/model-acceleration/9cd48d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Handling supposed to crap on it

Very heavy

e208 is supposed to have a very harsh ride.

New Zoe isnt getting much criticism on handling apart from the usual "it's not a driver's car" stuff reviewers come out with...

The MINI E is available if you value the drivers car thing.

Much less range and practicality on that car though.

Plus with it being built in UK I don't know if the original reasonably competive price for MINI E still holds in a no deal Brexit.

10 percent WTO tarriff to be levied - it's possible MINI included that already but I doubt it .

Thats the older model, haven't they upped the bhp on the latest model. Believe its 0-100 in about 9seconds now or so.

Yes the R135 version, that's for GT model poster above was saying

e208 is supposed to have a very harsh ride.

New Zoe isnt getting much criticism on handling apart from the usual "it's not a driver's car" stuff reviewers come out with...

The MINI E is available if you value the drivers car thing.

Much less range and practicality on that car though.

Plus with it being built in UK I don't know if the original reasonably competive price for MINI E still holds in a no deal Brexit.

10 percent WTO tarriff to be levied - it's possible MINI included that already but I doubt it .

184bhp Mini would be great fun no doubt, would love one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

184bhp Mini would be great fun no doubt, would love one
    Deposit down?

ELM327 wrote: »
    Deposit down?

What you think :P

Got a "pocket card" from the dealer today, has some prices but doesn't include dealer margins or metallic paint. They expect them in around January and have a conference next week about pricing for them!

Play is about 26,990 , Iconic goes from 28,990 - 30,990 and GT is 31,990 but again doesn't include dealer margins etc so possibly 1.5k.more or so.

That is a 90 not 110ps or 135ps Zoe. Both are faster to accelerate from 0 to 100kmph and at higher speeds.

• Advertisement

Guys don't waste your time and effort trying to dissuade the Renault bashers it's just futile

Test drove one today.
    The ZE50 is not a very compelling upgrade for current 110ps ZE40 owners although it will make new conquests who have expectations regarding interior material quality.
    The dashboard is much better.
    Reflection on the windscreen from the dashboard is much reduced.
    Feels slightly more composed on the road but not much.
    Lane departure wasn't intrusive.
    Maybe slightly quieter but the mirrors and door/window seals are basically the same so not hugely better. Original is quiet enough as it is.
    Doesn't feel much faster to me than the 110ps version from launch or at moderate speeds.
    The reversing camera is definitely higher definition.
    The centre screen seems to pick up fingerprints more than the old one.
    The standard audio is perfectly fine compared to my Bose Audio so I wouldn't pay for upgraded audio.
    charging flap release is gone.
    The folding mirrors are now automatic.
    Seats are no better.
    Speech recognition is much better but you'll still struggle to enter a destination to a complicated address.
    The steering wheel is nice to hold but the old one wasn't bad either.
    Higher trim looks good in white if you want to save on metallic paint.
    Sat Nav is shown on the 10" speedo display but not very useful.

I don't need CCS, more speed, more range so if I were to buy again it would probably be a new ZE40 or else something that feels more special like the i3 which now has respectable discounts than when I was last in the market to buy.

Where did you test drive one. Is it in Ireland already?

I'm not in Ireland.
    There are plenty more options coming on stream. My choice was limited when I ordered the Zoe but I don't regret ordering it.
    The new Renault Captur PHEV looks like it is going to be a great option for many people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SNcXrOWLM

This one is in German but at 6m30sec you can see a 180cm can sit comfortably in the back.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjVMxB-rX8k

The old Captur is a very small car, basically a Zoe / Clio supermini crossover. You will not fit 3 people in the back comfortably and the boot space is also tiny. I doubt this new one is going to be a full size bigger.

The new one is considerably bigger. Bigger boot than a BMW X3 and enough space for 1m80cm man behind another 1m80cm man.
    Wider too but perhaps not wide enough for 3 adults across on a long trip.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/confidential/autocar-confidential-twingos-electric-ambitions-vws-name-game-and-more

This report says an electric twingo will come next year...but as the facelifted Twingo isn't produced in RHD you might not see it.

It definitely interests me because it will be driving the rear wheels and will be what an electric city car should be.

As all the previous Zoe models, very poor winter range for the Zoe 52kWh, driven in perfect weather (but cold at only 2C) at Leaf speeds

He sums it up:

"this car is not very good for winter"

https://youtu.be/2T7yTXm-07s

Why is 270km considered bad in winter?

That seems a decent range to me. I very rarely do a long trip like that.

• Advertisement

270km is a very decent range in general and more than most people need. But not so much from a 52kWh battery pack. It implies a consumption of over 19kWh/100km which is atrocious for a small supermini car at those speeds. My own EV is far bigger and consumes about 14kWh/100km in winter on average. Less if driven at Leaf speed.

If you could get the Zoe for under €20k on the road, it wouldn't be a bad deal. But unfortunately it is far more expensive than that. And not even the top of the range model has active cruise control. Which is just having a laugh. Another newly introduced EV that is p1ss poor value for money. We have seen that pattern on this forum for a few years now :(

Advertisement