Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football League Thread 2020/2021 - Championship, League 1, League 2

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

and a shocking peno from SU to finish. NF through to the playoff final.

some disgraceful peno's from SU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Forest Keeper the shootout hero.......saving 3 penalties!........harsh on the Blades though who were the better side on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

They should have been out of sight in the first leg Brennan Johnson is a talent but he missed a good few chances.

Huddersfield seemed well organised last night great goal from the free kick so quite an evenly matched final.

On balance it would be good to see Forest and Steve Cooper in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

be good to see Forest back , they belong in premiership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Some cùnt pitch Invader at the end leveled Billy Sharp on the touchline with what looked like a running headbutt. When's he's found he needs locking up.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Nottingham Forest should be playing behind closed doors in their first few home fixtures next season, whatever the level.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Thought initially it was a shoulder which would have been bad enough but that headbutt was disgusting. That deserves jail time. What goes through someone's head when their first thought while celebrating a win is to level someone from the other side?

Total bell-end - the pitch invasions add to atmosphere and one lunatic ruins the ecsatsy of it all for the many who just want to celebrate (in difficult times ) - deserves a good stretch in prison to reflect on his psychotic behaviour.

It seams scumbag has been arrested , and Billy is ok - good news.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61488095

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Jail, jail, jail

Lifetime ban from the City Ground and all stadia as a minimum when he gets out.

Fantastic reaction from Billy Sharp and very accurate comment from Paul Heckingbottom "How can you come to your place of work and mind your own business and be assaulted in that fashion? It's bang out of order and everything that's wrong. You hear too many times that people condemn it, but nothing is done and we are the ones who suffer. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

2nd leg of League Two playoff tonight. Not optimistic that the Cobblers can do enough unfortunately. Trail 2 1 after 1st leg.

Edit: Yep, no surprise. At least Northampton might win the odd game in League Two.

Post edited by Tom Mann Centuria on

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Rotten luck from Northampton to miss out.

Further story from the Forest - Sheffield Utd. game the other night.

Seems a bit mad though as it looks to me like he was shoved and tried to hop over the guy on the ground as he was wearing his protective boot:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The guy who headbutted Billy Sharp has been caught, charged and sentenced already - 24 weeks jailtime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wasn't there a video last year of McBurnie assaulting a fan who called in a name on the street.

They don't mess about over ther, probably take 2 years for a court case here, by which time the news will have moved on, and a suspended sentence given - was such a cowardly act of thuggery - glad Sharp ok and justice meted out.

Punches thrown at Swindon players who were on the pitch, or as we should say "at their place of work", after another pitch invasion tonight.

Let's see if there are any assault charges brought here. In the stewards' defence, I don't think there was anything they could have done.

Moss is such a bad ref, Clear penalty for Huddersfield and he gives a yellow card for diving and VAR backs him terrible decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm stunned that wasn't given. Looked a stonewall pen to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Agreed lads, absolutely shocking decision, penalty all day long.

Jon Moss is an awful unfit referee, surprised commentators Don Goodman and co didn't make a bigger deal of it.

• Advertisement

I 100% want forest to win but god, how is that not a penalty

I have Lee Hendrie on second commentator duties here and he is questioning everything he thought he knew about football😂

Another absolutely stone wall penalty.

That is a second penalty not given not as clear cut as the first however he tripped him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

2 stonewall pens not giving but useless fat twat John Moss is being his usual fat twat self

Totally disgraceful Huddersfield completely robbed by officials!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I wanted Forest to win myself but that's a sickener for Huddersfield.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Happy Forest fan here but blessed not to have to face 2 penalties. Very lucky. Been a long wait. Great seeing Frank Clark. Ah the 90s - Collymore, Roy. Great memories.

Can't help but feel the smaller club was absolutely robbed.

Glad to see Forest back.

Typically Sky have 2 former Forest players in studio and there's been no mention of the 2 terrible decisions made by Jon Moss today.

• Advertisement

That is quite unbelievable! I was hoping for a Forest win but that is daylight robbery. It's like the powers that be wanted to give Moss one last opportunity to show how utterly incompetent he is before retirement.

Imagine how stupid you'd feel as that eejit who flattened Sharp in the semi final. Over 20 years since your team was in the Premier League and you get yourself banned for life.

He only got a 10 year ban from football which Forest did not extend to a life ban.

So he will be 40 when allowed back

Forest fan jailed for head-butting Sheffield United’s Billy Sharp

Robert Biggs jailed for 24 weeks and handed a 10-year football banning order

That's bizarre. I'd assumed that Forest would have banned him for life.

Glad to see Forest back, playing some great football since Christmas, much more welcome than Burnley

I'd say Huddersfield won't fancy the Premier League now that they have seen how ineffective VAR is.

There's absolutely no guarantee that they would score (Samba heroics in shoot-out), but they should have had two penalties.

Toffolo must be regretting jumping over Colback. If he had grounded his foot it would have been impossible to deny.

I say that, though, bearing in mind that the second foul was utterly "impossible to deny" - through the back of the player and not touching the ball.

I don't want a ban so I can't say what I feel about Moss and Tierney. Tierney, in particular for the second one.

Its almost as if there was a pre-written narrative or agenda that had to be played out.

• Advertisement

They asked Steve Cooper about the "penalties" and he said that they couldn't have been penalties because there was VAR.

I might have a bet to see in which month he has his first issue with VAR. September, I'm guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

It's been a long time, and whatever the circumstances we are now back in the premiere league.

We have had plenty of dodgy decisions late in the season this year and agree Huddersfield should have had 1 penalty and if they scored probably would brought it to extra time.

But I don't think they were robbed of the game, i.e. the win, as if they scored a penalty, Forest were much more in control when level, and Huddersfield played on the counter, but it certainly would have been a open game again.

So robbed of a draw and an open lottery again, with a chance, yes agree.

But again at this stage an 23 years, no one will care mid next season, as we battle for survival 🥺

Our owner also owns Olympiacos, so will be interesting so see if we continue Steve Cooper's mantra of young upcoming players, or invest more, but he should have decent funds, plus the 170million bonus from today.

Also just to mention the fan that assaulted Billy Sharpe, who is ex Forest and very well liked at Forest and fans, so don't known what he was doing targeting him, of all players, but Forest had said they would give a Lifetime ban, before he was even identified, so not sure where they have not is coming from, or why forest would change there stance.

Just looking at the two stonewall penalties not given to huddersfield that really looks bad on pgmol and var in england forest gifted a place in the premier league by the officials

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm glad Forest got through. They have a shot at staying up probably them or Leeds.

Pleased Huddersfield lost, they offer so little invention in open play. Luton might've tested them more.

Advertisement