Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HCCAP

Options
  • 13-06-2019 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hello all. My girlfriend and I wish to open up a small baking business. I researched and apparently we both need to get a HCCAP certificate.

There is a place near us which does the course on the last Thursday of each month and it costs 100 euros, after the course we have to go somewhere else and get the licence for HCCAP from what the lady there told us.

Anyhow, just wondering does anyone know what will happen on the day of the course? Like what will they teach us and is there an exam at the end of that day?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hello all. My girlfriend and I wish to open up a small baking business. I researched and apparently we both need to get a HCCAP certificate.

There is a place near us which does the course on the last Thursday of each month and it costs 100 euros, after the course we have to go somewhere else and get the licence for HCCAP from what the lady there told us.

Anyhow, just wondering does anyone know what will happen on the day of the course? Like what will they teach us and is there an exam at the end of that day?

Thanks.
    It’s a good many years since I have done the Course, it’s just basic common sense around food prep and safety. Paper work on deliveries and checking temperatures. A lot is covered including what to wear (PPE) ...I found it very informative even if a lot of it is common sense.
    Pay attention to the paper work side of things because this will be important when the health inspector calls.
    I did an exam after the course but it was just multiple choice. You will need to do a refresher course now and again. It was every 3 years when I did it.

Advertisement