Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viagogo Ripoff!

Options
  • 13-06-2019 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, its my first time here but I am so upset I dont know what to do! I had a Bon Jovi ticket to sell and i put it on Viagogo. Then I got an email that it had sold and to post it by the 11th. I asked my hubby to go to the PO and send it off - at a cost of €10 Express Post. I didnt have the tracking number that day (cos i was at work n hubby had the receipt) but I clicked on the button telling them that I had handed it out for delivery. When I came into work on the morning of the 12th I went to upload the tracking number but the site told me my sale had been cancelled because i was too late putting up the tracking number. Now, it had sold on the 10th, i posted it on the 11th and was inputting the no on the 12th having clicked on "given out for delivery" on the evening of the 11th. Now, they confimed that it had been delivered but told me i would not be getting paid. So now the guy who bought the ticket has a free ticket cos they refunded him, I paid €10 to give him the "free" ticket and Viagogo say they will charge my credit card €25 for an unfulfilled sale. How is this fair ? Do I have any comeback? I feel so ripped off! they said they will ask yer man to send back the ticket, but thats no good to me cos the gig is on Sat 15th, and anyway, unless he is a very honest person he's going to take advantage of his freebie cos Viagogo wont chase him for it and I cant! Please advise... :-( Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Did you check the selling T&C's or the email you got after selling the tickets? In your case it looks like you posted next day, even that you notified them you posted them. Check also does it mention about how long after posting you have to notify them of the tracking number.

Did you call them or was the conversation done on email? Might be better if you talk over the phone. Ask them what happens if the person that got the tickets is happy with the sale and uses the tickets or if you get the return tickets after the concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Moved to Consumer issues, read their chapter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Seller's Confirmation Obligation. Except as noted in Section 2.9 a), the Seller must confirm the order within forty eight (48) hours of the sale of the tickets. Sellers should use our automated online confirmation process. Sellers will be able to see the service fee and taxes on our fees before completing the sell process and committing to sell their tickets. Sellers have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of sale of the tickets to “Report a Problem” if they are unable to deliver the exact tickets listed for sale. Sellers can “Report a Problem” using the “Report a Problem” link on the online confirmation page. In the case a Seller has not confirmed a sale within forty eight (48) hours, or in the case a Seller “Reports a Problem” the Seller, including without limitation, may be subject to a replacement fee, other charges, and/or other consequences as specified in Section 5.

From the T&C’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Viagogo are gangsters that facilitate ticket touts to rip people off and then they add on even more money in "service charges".

Stick with adverts and toutless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

On another thought, if they were posted to you and you did not get them, if you ring TM, they will cancel them and issue fresh one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement