Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktail ingredients Limerick

• 13-06-2019 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, so can anyone tell me of a shop or speciality off licence in Limerick that stocks ingredients like fruit purée and vanilla syrup, Creme de cassis etc. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

Creme de Cassis is in Lidl at the moment. Think it's a tenner for 70cl.

Fine Wines party store in Delta might be an option. Been a few years since I was in there but they seemed to stock a bit of everything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

For fruit puree, you might be best off in a super market or blending your own. Vanilla syrup you might get in an offie but a speciality coffee supplier might be best. The creme de cassis any good offie should have.
    I find o'briens in parkway has a great range of bitters and half bottles of stuff you won't use that often.

All that being said, my favourite cocktails are sours: the amaretto sour, and the magarita. Fresh lemons and limes are easy to get, as are bourbon, amaretto and cointreau. Then you just need bitters and silver tequila, and to make a simple syrup at home. Done! (I shall leave it as an exercise for the reader which ingreident is for which, with the clue that there is no overlap in ingredients...)

Advertisement