Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up socket for kitchen island

Options
  • 13-06-2019 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

I'm researching getting a pop up socket for my kitchen island. Can anyone recommend one. Some seem to last a year and then die.
    I'm a poor man and can only afford to buy this thing once....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't know a lot about them, but have seen many popup sockets in office environments installed.

What manufacturers were you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭LeBash

Evoline is one decent brand I seen at a trade fair. They have an Irish website. Not sure what the delivery time would be though as you can customise the accessories on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Ikea have them

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Stoner wrote: »
    I don't know a lot about them, but have seen many popup sockets in office environments installed.

What manufacturers were you looking at?
    Thanks for all the replies.
    I ve been looking at sensio and evoline and then the ebay ones.
    Evoline certainly look the part and talk a great game with a price to match. .. Just wondering is acutally sensible to drop 150 euros plus on what looks to be a glorified extension lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Not a bad make but not top of the line either.

There are other options on the cheap side, might be worth a punt.

This is about 50 delivered

https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/1859340-13a-tower-pop-up-3-sockets-and-2-x-usb-outlets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What do you need to power ?
    A USB outlet may actually be all you need.

Advertisement